Pav's Albi Blue 197T

well its not so much the money that bothers me but you never know what they do..whether they actually use the stuff you had provided them or just some s**** they have lying around..
plus i do have a bit of OCD so gotta be done by me if possible..
the car is going to my mechanic anyway..bleed the brakes and slave cylinder next week..also the rear disc swap..

Yeah good point mate. Peace of mind knowing that the work has been done properly by someone you trust :smile:

All this money saved can go towards project meg engine/track beast :wink:

Wow, so you're very close to going for it! Good on you mate, if you've got the itch then why not scratch it :wink:

Reactions: Pav
not yet..will have to wait till next year now unless something really tempting comes up..will be sad to se my N/A engine gone though if that happens..so great to rev it hard..

Yeah I guess...although I'm sure you'll find it easy to love the extra power and smiles the meg would give you :thumb:

Good for you - if your going for it Pav !

I saw the post about selling seats possibly. So you going "Full Track slag" mode ? Is it still going to be your daily ride too ?

Wow. How exciting....... :smile:

thanks boys..i have been in touch with Demon Tweeks regarding the seats and it looks like i would have to spend almost £400 for 1 bucket seat..sidemounts and frames included..
looks great though..
00814FNR_lge.jpg

Reactions: Big Ben
That does look really nice Pav! It is a big chunk of money from the budget, but you've got to have it exactly right - you're not one to settle for second best when it comes to the witch :wink:

Reactions: Pav
PAv why not go for one of these, corbeau clubsports, I think the are around, £150 each I believe and come with sliders. Went on track in a 172 today that had them fitted and I was very impressed.
730e614a9ebc5e0ea94af13ac507bbe7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DS197 and Sean197
PAv why not go for one of these, corbeau clubsports, I think the are around, £150 each I believe and come with sliders. Went on track in a 172 today that had them fitted and I was very impressed.
730e614a9ebc5e0ea94af13ac507bbe7.jpg

Would you be able to use the standard seatbelt with that seat by any chance?

Would you be able to use the standard seatbelt with that seat by any chance?

Yes it would be very easy to make something up, my passenger seat is a corbeau pro series bucket seat and I have a harness and regular seat belt, so the passenger has a choice.

Reactions: DS197
DIY all the way:smile: Nice one Pav and good shout re the oil leak. Yours must have been a big one if you had a plug swimming in it lol. I did repair mine twice now and it's still happening, very easy fix though.

Where do you dispose the oil btw?

Yes it would be very easy to make something up, my passenger seat is a corbeau pro series bucket seat and I have a harness and regular seat belt, so the passenger has a choice.

@Luke_197 did you have to modify or buy a new subframe for your seat?I would like to order the correct one so don't have to post it back and forth like an idiot.
DIY all the way:smile: Nice one Pav and good shout re the oil leak. Yours must have been a big one if you had a plug swimming in it lol. I did repair mine twice now and it's still happening, very easy fix though.

Where do you dispose the oil btw?
Thanks.this coming from you I feel honoured:thumb:
Trying to do some bits myself so I know what's been done to the car..
Also,I have a mate who is a mechanic so he dispose the oil for me..
The oil leak has been ignored for long hence the amount of oil in there..

Last edited:
Reactions: Yiannis197
I have different seats mate, I have the pro series, which are side mounted so I needed to buy side mounts and a subframe.
The clubsports in the photo are not side mounted, the have mount points under the sliders, you would just need to buy the subframe, I would reconmend the oreca/sparco subframe, they are around £75 from Ktec, better than the one. [emoji14] so really the overall cost would be around £250 per side. Bit more of you want a harness but that optional.