Pav's Albi Blue 197T

What was it - a 206 GTi or something ?

Looked like he was pushing it fairly.......So not surprised he had an 'off'. And nearly had one with you coming back on again !

That driving is shocking. Come to think about it I did encounter him on track and think I've got a video of him having a spin infront of me at cascades.

yeah I believe that..pretty sure you had him spinning in front of you too..selfish little p***k..

Bloody hell with the Peugeot driver, vids like this is what puts me off going on track, one turd driver like that and your car is in 1000 bits in the armco. Thought you handled with situation really well though Pav, well driven sir!

Reactions: Jimmy
Bloody hell with the Peugeot driver, vids like this is what puts me off going on track, one turd driver like that and your car is in 1000 bits in the armco. Thought you handled with situation really well though Pav, well driven sir!
yeah there is always "one",isnt it??i thought he was drunk :drunk:
thanks mate..

ok guys..think I need to see what you all think of my little project,thats about to to take off..
I have bought a r26 gearbox today..all sound no movement so looks like there will be no need for a rebuilt..the guy i got it from was very knowledgeable..the box sits on 60,000 k miles and was taken off the road car so no abuse there..
my dilemma now is what to do next..there are 2 options basically:
1. put the r26 box in with new clutch,gear stick assembly,linkages,driveshafts etc and keep my engine or

2. go all the way and and get a megane engine with this.

all comments and suggestions appreciated

P_20161126_155459_1_p.jpg P_20161126_155513_1_p.jpg P_20161126_155446_1_p.jpg

You've got a box why stop there get an 225 engine and go meggy! You know it makes sense and think of the extra power n torque on track :wink:

Keep hold of it too put it on a megane conversion. Surely you don't want longer ratios on a less powerful N/a car.

Interesting place to start Pav ! But if a good one comes along - then you've got to seize the moment......

Your rapidly becoming a rack-slag Pav. And that means more power (?) to fend off the "bigger boys".

So there's only one option for you buddy. And that's number 2

You've got a box why stop there get an 225 engine and go meggy! You know it makes sense and think of the extra power n torque on track :wink:
ok option 2 then from you..thanks
Keep hold of it too put it on a megane conversion. Surely you don't want longer ratios on a less powerful N/a car.
another vote for option 2..thanks
Interesting place to start Pav ! But if a good one comes along - then you've got to seize the moment......

Your rapidly becoming a rack-slag Pav. And that means more power (?) to fend off the "bigger boys".

So there's only one option for you buddy. And that's number 2
haha to p*** off the bigger boys..like that expression..been in negotiations with the guy for a week and managed to get it for a decent price...plus he has 2 of them..!!

Reactions: sevenfourate
While you're going to all that trouble Pav it would be a crime not to fit the matching engine :smile: I've been looking for one too (not very seriously) and noticed the Laguna F4RT engines seem much cheaper than the megane ones but are a bit down on power. Don't know what the differences are and whether you could save some cash and regain some of this power when it's mapped?

Reactions: sevenfourate
never heard of someone using a laguna engine for the conversion...there are options out there for sure..getting a megane engine isnt that difficult,its the bits that come with it..

I'll go with the consensus, and also say what I think you would like all of us to say :wink: and that is to go for the Meg engine Pav! It does seem like an itch you've been wanting to scratch for a while now, so why not go for it. It will be a big task, however you have the patience and preparation skills to go for it.

I'll go with the consensus, and also say what I think you would like all of us to say :wink: and that is to go for the Meg engine Pav! It does seem like an itch you've been wanting to scratch for a while now, so why not go for it. It will be a big task, however you have the patience and preparation skills to go for it.
haha..if you have an itch,scratch it ...im in touch with lots of knowledgeable people so will see how things go..
thanks for your input guys..appreciate this