Porsche Cayman

265BHP
1370KG

Will get eaten by Meg'd 197/200's all day long, but, they sound awesome and the fit and finish is excellent. Then there's the kudos of owning a Porsche, which is a personal target of mine and Porsche now do fixed price servicing which isn't massively expensive at all. Not the most uneconomical car in the world either and in the right spec' you wouldn't lose masses of money if you went for a secondhand one and moved it on again in a couple of years time...

poor mans porsche

Says those that havnt driven one.. Lol, regarded by some to have a better chassis than a 911.

who the f**k is that in the pic!?

Terry Tibs from Fonejacker, catchphase is "talk to me"

Nope. Not a Cayman or Boxer fan.

Lotus Exige all day long for same money.....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Exi...5035666?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4d0ddc7d92

I'd love an Exige and always said it'd be my next car but don't think caroline would be able to get in and out worth her dodgy leg

They're lovely to drive mate, certainly not a cheap alternative to a 911 but honestly not as fast as you'd imagine. They're not slow though don't get me wrong, S might be a chunk faster but I've only experienced a "basic" one. It's a completely different chassis and it's own car to the 911, doesn't feel anything like one. There's a facelift just come out or coming out so the older models will no doubt drop in price a little over the winter, could be some good buys out there...

my dad just bought one

he loves it. one of the best handling cars ever.

my next car will either be a cayman or elise

Great cars, the new one is a right up there with the new 911 for being a drivers car. I think this model will shed the 'poor mans Porsche' stigma.

Ive had my share of 911's but never owned a Cayman, sadly image is important to most.

Additionally I grew up wanting a 911 so that was a lot of the influence.

We had a Cayman at work last month and the exige makes the Cayman handle like a toilet seat

The exige is razor Sharp in every department. The Cayman just seems soft and wallowy in comparison

Look on auto trader and see how many exige are avaialble and how little they actually depreciate against the Porsche

Either way get what you enjoy mate

But for what it's worth the exige will blow your mind

Last edited:
But on a rainy december day, there's no way I would be looking forward to getting into an exige!

Also the exige is on a completely different scale in build quality.

My parents have their fair share of Porsche's and the most fun was the carrera 4s IMO was a monster. The best handling though was the boxster S for fun was very nimble :smile: I think that people who talk them down have never been in one or are waaaaaaay to influenced by mr clarkson

you need to drive them both

i have 2 Exige-S 240s at work. get yaself booked in :smile:

Cayman's aren't the poor mans Porsche boxters are apparently. I think I Cayman s is the way forward. Great little car sounds amazing handles amazing and looks amazing. People saying exige it's not the same car. You can't cruise in a lotus it's an all or nothing car in my opinion if I had that kind of money can't think of a better car to buy