Recommend me some speakers please

sorry just seen that you are refering to the dsk series. can do you them for £110 plus postage a set no probs as long as in stock for individual not group buys

or the pioneers as a package for £95 inc postage (ups 24hr)

Last edited:
without doubt hertz are up with the top end installs and pioneer standard ranges are not.

think you should inform everyone the hertz components are not plug and play, plus the tweeter and cover will not be mountable. i think the hertz speakers (not sure what model you are refering to think its the esk's) have a seperate crossover which needs to be connected to the door and tweeter speakers. you need to either run new wiring or cut the old. not plug and play, even if you use the cars wiring its only about 18gauge which will sound nowhere near as good as it should. it is by no means an easy fit, the rears are simplar as they are just 2 way so only 2 wires.

in all the pioneers might not be as good quality (they are by no means bad and 90% of normal people wont tell the difference!) they are built to plug and play specifically for renault, the connectors fit straight on (no cutting) and the tweeters fit in the original postition with the covers remounted so all is invisible.

Looks like people are wanting different speakers now, but I still want the Pioneers for cost and simplicity of fitting.

If there's no group buy, what's your best price for a set?

yes you will have to cut the wires slightly and its simple fitting, up to you guys......
your money end of the day.

either way offers there........

if 90% of "normal people wont tel the difference then why throw favour of pioneer.......

My last setup that I had when it was brand new:

DLS MS6A
dsc02666ky2.jpg

dsc02668da4.jpg

ALPINE MRV-F345, later changed it for a Phase Evolution RS2

I don't have the pics of the amp. Lost them when I formatted the HDD.

Had it in my Opel Combo C

Combo_1.gif

09022008593.gif

Sold it all - needed the money for the Pioneer AVH-P5900DVD HU. :smiley:

Great speakers, great amp, great sound!

Last edited:
You get 4 inline crossovers so no rewiring, add some speaker adapters from eBay and your done. Is that a deal clincher...

As far as I know, you can fit a 16" speaker with some modifications. The sound quality is far better. A friend of mine had it on his 197.

sorry just seen that you are refering to the dsk series. can do you them for £110 plus postage a set no probs as long as in stock for individual not group buys

or the pioneers as a package for £95 inc postage (ups 24hr)

very interested in the pioneer package mate,

as i am getting my pioneer dvd fitted at the weekend, ( if im not working ), :lol:

so they are a direct replacement with no wire cutting involved, ?

Chappo, you can get the ts-G131c which are a cheaper version if the Q. £45

check the pioneer site. All depends on the quality you want

also if you buy the connectors you do need to cut whatever the speaker you buy.

Chappo, you can get the ts-G131c which are a cheaper version if the Q. £45

check the pioneer site. All depends on the quality you want

also if you buy the connectors you do need to cut whatever the speaker you buy.

the tweeters in this set wont fit without modification. they wont go i the original renault housing so will have to work out how to fix them into place, same as the hertz.

You get 4 inline crossovers so no rewiring, add some speaker adapters from eBay and your done. Is that a deal clincher...

the wiring still wont work because the renault speakers (and the pioneer ts-q)have built in crossovers and thats the way they are wired. the hertz have seperate crossovers that need to be wired in. pretty sure they only have 2 crossovers (these have 1 input and 2 outputs) but i could be wrong because dont have any in the shop to check for you. if its only the one crossover per side you would have to cut your door speakers wiring behind the dash to connect up to the tweeter aswell.

yes you will have to cut the wires slightly and its simple fitting, up to you guys......
your money end of the day.

either way offers there........

if 90% of "normal people wont tel the difference then why throw favour of pioneer.......

as i said its because of the ease of fitment and they are cheaper. they are the only make i believe to offer a custom direct replacement speaker set with plugs, tweeter mounts etc which means everyone can improve the normally tricky front components.

if cutting wiring in and maybe slightly modifying bits (mainly the tweeters) to make a normal set of components fit does not phase you then you can choose any make on the market!

well after being bored of waiting i got myself down the local in car entertainment store, got my old dvd screen from there very good peeps,

so i ended up with a Alpine cd player, kenwood front speekers, and pioneer rear speekers, fitted with blutooth as well,

great quality in sound 10x better than standard, should have been £580 fitted, got them down to £355 fitted not bad i thought.

please remove me from group buy, ( sorry ).

well after being bored of waiting i got myself down the local in car entertainment store, got my old dvd screen from there very good peeps,

so i ended up with a Alpine cd player, kenwood front speekers, and pioneer rear speekers, fitted with blutooth as well,

great quality in sound 10x better than standard, should have been £580 fitted, got them down to £355 fitted not bad i thought.

Nice 1 8)

Don't blame you, group buy doesnt seem to be going anywhere.. :bored:

Nice 1 8)

Don't blame you, group buy doesnt seem to be going anywhere.. :bored:

Don't blame you Chappo! Sounds like a nice set up you got there.

Think I shall get some myself tomorrow - group buy failed lol

After checking my rears, I found out that I have none! Gutted, but now at least I know I can get alot better sound once some are fitted, just the case of which to go for now!

After checking my rears, I found out that I have none! Gutted, but now at least I know I can get alot better sound once some are fitted, just the case of which to go for now!

they told me at the car audio place that most 197 dont come with rear speekers, althow mine did just crappy paper ones lol :lol: