Rogue's Turbo'd R27 - 306bhp

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be awesome Pete, if you went for Shaky's fuel pump and 630's you'd see a lot more power :wink: Theres 250's over in euopeland pushing 360bhp on std internals and std turbo. However, the Clio fuel pump is a massive stumbling block in reaching the really high figures. I'll be getting one myself in due course.

What you doing about the gearbox, Clio or meg.. you've probably mentioned it already, blonde moment. :rofl:

It'll be awesome Pete, if you went for Shaky's fuel pump and 630's you'd see a lot more power :wink: Theres 250's over in euopeland pushing 360bhp on std internals and std turbo. However, the Clio fuel pump is a massive stumbling block in reaching the really high figures. I'll be getting one myself in due course.

What you doing about the gearbox, Clio or meg.. you've probably mentioned it already, blonde moment. :rofl:

Spoke to Ste about the fueling, he reckons the 250 injectors are big enough and don't need upgrading. The fuel pump however, is being upgraded. I don't actually know what too, (only because I haven't paid for it yet lol) but Ste has it in hand. He says the pump and pressure regulator is plenty because I did mention I was concerned about fuelling.

Meg box, quaiffe diff! I decided not to keep the Clio box because of lack of faith in it's reliability. I've just had 1 replaced so I know how fragile they can be...It's getting short shifted so I hope it will be reasonably quick through the gears as well. Couldn't find an R26 box, so this is the expensive way to do it...but i'm hoping the more reliable way.

Jebus, that's a fair spec then. Gearbox will make the car, and being able to put the power down with ease

Meg box, quaiffe diff! I decided not to keep the Clio box because of lack of faith in it's reliability. I've just had 1 replaced so I know how fragile they can be...It's getting short shifted so I hope it will be reasonably quick through the gears as well.

i had this on my car, and over the engine, the quaiffe diff was the best mod i did. hands down. t
To see how good the diff actually is, u need to drive a megged clio with out a diff then then get in to yours, with out the diff u have to wait before u get on the power. with the diff, its exactly like driving the clio in standard form.
And the short shift mod is amazing. the change is so short and snappy compare to the age it took before hand

Engine is all standard. Fueling is having a little upgrade. Hybrid turbo and bigger intercooler will help...

250 engines are forged anyway? So without spending big bucks on it, I think this is about the maximum I can go.

Have had to spend big bucks on the gearbox tho.

I'll let you have a little drive if you come to the coastal run. I think I owe you lol

don't think 250 is forged - just better rods / crank / bearings

SATURDAY!

Collection day booked...spoke to Ste this evening. Engine is built, couple things due in tomorrow. Should be all built by Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to map and test drive for a couple days...then BOOM. She's mine.

Decided to take the plung and invest in a boost controller. Will help oodles with traction, however, they come with a hefty price tag. Ste recommended getting one with 3 programmable settings. Low, high...and maniac. Ha

Can guarantee this week will drag like a bitch.

4 hour drive home will be fun tho.

SATURDAY!

Collection day booked...spoke to Ste this evening. Engine is built, couple things due in tomorrow. Should be all built by Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to map and test drive for a couple days...then BOOM. She's mine.

Decided to take the plung and invest in a boost controller. Will help oodles with traction, however, they come with a hefty price tag. Ste recommended getting one with 3 programmable settings. Low, high...and maniac. Ha

Can guarantee this week will drag like a bitch.

4 hour drive home will be fun tho.

Best 4 hours that will be! what spec is the engine been built too? and is it still the standard turbo? as im considering the ktec hybrid turbo but cant decide whether its worth it

Collection date has been shifted to 27th June. Ste was missing some parts for the engine that need to be ordered in from France...it sucks but not a lot I can do.

Gives him more time to do a few extra things for me anyway. I think the boost controller will look epic where it's being placed.

Collection date has been shifted to 27th June. Ste was missing some parts for the engine that need to be ordered in from France...it sucks but not a lot I can do.

Gives him more time to do a few extra things for me anyway. I think the boost controller will look epic where it's being placed.

Pete, in my limited experience of these, its a conversion that you lay down the foundations and build on them. Things wont be prefect initially and the more complicated the initial install is, the harder it will be to resolve it. Andy's is a great example of how he built his up incrementally to where he wanted to be. Its taken me two years plus and partially cause wanted to source the parts for the right money, and secondly cause wanted to know the car was right before moving onto the next mod. The pump Andy's built has proven to be successful so I can consider more power on standard turbo.

Just food for thought mate.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Gallery 11
Glenn_Adam_Doble Spotted 0