Seriously considering..

....Selling the R27 and getting a Megane 250.

With 197's values dropping so much recently it's made me want an upgrade. Very much so in the grey here.

Reasons for a 250 would be;

A- They look the dogs b*llocks.
B- Some more power under the hood
C - Wanting a little bit more of a smoother ride.

Anyone got any experience with one?

The meggy is a lovely car mate, took 1 for a test drive. Ure right its smoother to drive and imo its nicer inside than the 197 with all the digital speedo etc. Off boost its return 35 - 40mpg.

With the hammer down its too easy to go too fast to be fair. Not a bad thing but find the 197 more fun to drive etc.

I can imagine that would be the case, less fun but more compliant and grown up. Both are appealing to me tbh!

I think the megane has the ability to be both!

Don't get me wrong I love my Clio, but sometimes you just want to sit back and cruise in comfort which I find hard to do in the Clio...

I think the megane has the ability to be both!

Don't get me wrong I love my Clio, but sometimes you just want to sit back and cruise in comfort which I find hard to do in the Clio...

totally agree, if it what you want ide get out of the 197 sooner rather than later.

I may go and have a look about tomorrow.

Can't see myself doing a part-ex for it unless they offer me something well within reason ofcourse.

Ye, the Clio is still a good car, if you are happy with it generally then I wouldn't go doing anything unless they offer something good. Best time of year to go though, what with everyone skint buying christmas presents.

I love the 250 - taken one out (twice) and really enjoyed the drive. I will be honest it didn't feel as fast as the Clio and there was a lot less drama. I guess that is what you are wanting though. I still want a car that I enjoy driving so have stuck with the Clio as it is much more fun. Don't get me wrong the 250 will get you from A to B quicker but I know I would enjoy getting there more in the R27. All in my own opinion and experiences, but if you are wanting something that little bit more refined then the 250 would sort it.

^^ Renault and Refined arnt things that often go together lol. I have driven either unfortunately, but if i had the money id get the 250 only cos i like my 225 so much its a capable all rounder and ive been spoiled by it compared to my 172 i had previously. But i still wouldnt say no to a newer clio again which maybe next years choice

I do like the RS but I really can't bring myself to like the interior... I don't know what it is, just doesn't seem to do a 20odd grand car justice.

I wouldn't buy an RS focus. They are just too much. Of everything! Lol! Price, power, torque, plastic bits, spoilers etc!

Totally up to you though fella, but its nice to hear you are sticking with the RS range! :thumbup: