Swirl Marks advice!

Hi - looking for some advice!

So I was washing the car at the weekend as started to notice there was swirl marks everywhere - they're not terrible but I now always notice them.

I've done my research and I have picked out a few good products HOWEVER what I need to know is the car has about 2-4 layers of wax; will using a product that aids removal of swirl marks not be as effective due to the layers of wax already on the car?

Thanks!

You'll need to remove the wax first.

I assume you'll be using a product that fills the swirls in, as opposed to one which cuts them back?

I'm not 100% sure yet, there are so many products out there. I'm in two minds. But after what you said I think I have to find something to remove the wax now "/

Ok so I have jus looked into it - I need a pre-wax cleaner to remove the old wax. I'm ordering a new clay bar so I can clay the surface before applying some sort of swirl remover and then I can apply another coat of wax/sealant or both.

Have a look on detailing world. The people on there a very helpful and have some excellent advice!

Better with a PC machine matey, it will sort out all swirl marks and make it look new, its also less effort with a machine rather then elbow grease :smile:

Thanks for your input everyone.

I'm going to give it a go with a couple of products and elbow grease to begin with. I've just placed an order for a good pre-wax, new clay bar, Swirl remover and carnuba wax. If that doesn't seem to do anything I will settle for a machine.

Get yourself a DA if you can afford it.

Is it light swirling? I got myself a DA system off CYC and it's pretty good for light swirls and safe to use - you can't go wrong on your car with it really.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/das-6-meguiars-da-microfiber-system/prod_965.html
im with rogue on this, da polisher from these guys at cyc is worth its weight in gold, effortless work, I tried by hand and failed miserably.
just need a good pad n polish combination.

im with rogue on this, da polisher from these guys at cyc is worth its weight in gold, effortless work, I tried by hand and failed miserably.
just need a good pad n polish combination.
I've been trying to decide on this or the G220v2, is the Pro easy to use?

I'm not 100% sure yet, there are so many products out there. I'm in two minds. But after what you said I think I have to find something to remove the wax now "/

best thing for stripping off the wax is to use good old fashioned washing up liquid, give it a really good clean and clay, then start with the swirl removal, because any dirt left on the car is just conna create more swirls as you try to remove the old ones lol.

best thing for stripping off the wax is to use good old fashioned washing up liquid, give it a really good clean and clay, then start with the swirl removal, because any dirt left on the car is just conna create more swirls as you try to remove the old ones lol.

yh that's the plan. Only difference is ill be using pre wax not fairy liquid.

Bilt Hammer Soft Clay Bar
Born Slippy Clay Lube
Meguiars ScratchX
Bilt Hammer Cleanser Fluid
Autoglym Polish
Concours Look Carnauba Wax
One big ass micro-fibre towel

^ my shopping list :smiley:

The DAS pro is awesome. People have seen the results I get from this coupled with chem guys v34/v36/v38. So rewarding

sounds like DAS has a good rep between you guys. Tbh I am a bit reluctant in using one purely because of the fact I've never used one or seen one in action.

A mate of mine is a sprayer I might give him a call and see if he has anything similar

A dual action polished is very very safe. It's the static rotary polishes you need to avoid as a novice