64mm ported throttle body review

Yeh, i forgot to mention that, easier to drive in the morning, and softer flatspot.

hi, just fitted mine. Keep getting check injector and esp light when i try to drive even with the lightest and i mean light throttle.

car then sound like its not getting the right fuel and not quite firing on all four. if i switch off an back on, revs does the usual 4k. it just does not like any throttle and when injector and esp fault light comes on. car does not rev past 2.5 k.

if i try, it bounces on 2.5k and sounds like an engine hitting its rev limit.

will take it to a car park and let it tick over at the 4k for a while longer.

Last edited:
think ive saw a few mate that have said there cars r ticking over at really high revs. there was a dude aswell who stuck it on and got the car dyond and it was only putting out like 150 bhp

Went back out. Started and ticking over at 2.2k feom the start but touch the pedal and it shoots to 4k.

There is a bit more pick up low down for sure but cant use much throttle past 3.2k before check injectiofault kicks in and im limited to 2.5k on what feels like limp mode.

Will keep trying as ryan says but more concern about injection fault incase it is running too lean or rich to cause damage whilst it settles.

Mines running ok now. Revs flucuate on idle now and again but very low

Different cars may need more time or slightly more sensitive to the mod. Just keep it steady, dont rush it. Shoul pass in a day or two.

Fitted mine this morning and ticking over on 1500 revs ..... Doing the odd flutter like Ryan mentions but so far so good ...have t give it any weekly yet

think ive saw a few mate that have said there cars r ticking over at really high revs. there was a dude aswell who stuck it on and got the car dyond and it was only putting out like 150 bhp

That wasn't one of these mate, that was a 60mm (standard) polished one fitted with an ITG Maxogen.

Likewise not sure if Jason S was one of these ones or not to be honest and Benmc was not one of the Group Buy ones either...

That wasn't one of these mate, that was a 60mm (standard) polished one fitted with an ITG Maxogen.

Likewise not sure if Jason S was one of these ones or not to be honest and Benmc was not one of the Group Buy ones either...

i stand corrected then lol

In fact I think Jason S has Jimpys TB from the Group Buy hahaha! That should settle in time going from all of the others.

Yeah. Had another drive and it ticked over at 1800 but of i touchthe throttle on idle its shoots to 3.5k.

A little better now and have some use of revs up to 3k before the check injector fault cuts in. Hopefully get better by end of tomorrow as i have some miles to clock early next week. :smile:

Car does seem more willing low down. :smile:

Anymore news on these, how's everyone's revs now they've been on for a few days?
Does seem a very good mod considering you can sell your old body for like £40 so all in costs about £80 would you say??

Fitted mine saturday and first time of starting revs on idle of 1500 .....done the odd run about with no real change yet, hoping its going to settle down to 1000 in next day or so.

It got better and did notice a marginal improved response low down for sure. I just got tired of the settling period and took it off last night.

I've had various faults on my car recently and only just got it back. So think best let it settle for a while.

64mm TB Will be listed for sale later on

Just thought i'd add my review from a couple of weeks ago as posted on the other TB thread.

Fitted mine on Wednesday, really easy to fit only took 20 mins.

When I first started the car, the revs started climbing quite rapidly and when they were reaching 5k I bottled it and turned it off... Lol

Turned it back on again and the revs settled at 3k so left it running for about 15 mins and it dropped to 1750 rpm. Had to pick my daughter up and it was lashing with rain so didn't get chance to try it out properly but instantly you could tell the induction noise was slightly louder and throttle did seem ever so slightly improved but that could have been the placebo.

Most of my first journey was in 5pm rush hour so the car spent a lot if time idling at 1750, a few times it bounced around between 1500 and 2000.

Next journey was in the morning and was much the same although on a few occasions it was going up and down like it was thinking about it. on the journey home last night it started to settle more and more and this morning she was idling between 1000 and 1250.

Just been on a run and its a constant 1000.

First impression is a good one, induction noise is much more pronounced and throttle response is a bit better and it feels like there is a bit extra ooomph but not massive.

I think it was Litchy that said its "about the sum of all parts" and I would have to agree, its not a standalone mod but combined with everything else it makes it just that little bit better and a map would prob get the best out of it. That will come later with different induction set up but until then its staying on the car.