64mm Throttle Body

My dyno testing before and after the TB. Couple of days after the installation. A week after, IMHO, ECU probably adapted and I lost that "throttle response" and got the flat spot 2-3krpm back.

64mm-TB-NM-BHP.jpg

64mm-TB-NM.jpg

Thanks Raptor. Going to speak to someone today about a fully worked inlet, I'll ask their opinion on the TB, but I think minimal work if any will be needed on the TB itself.

Cheers,

If it was me, I would spend the money on something else.
And for the last mod probably go for the 64mm TB.

That was reference to engine, oh I have other stuff I'm doing at the moment like 330's etc.

're quaife though, had one in my old car, most over rated item on it! Compared to the diff in a dc5 I drove it was night and day.
I will evaluate the market when the gearbox has its 'turn' lol

It is quite obvious when you read up on it or speak to people who know, earlier comment supports his, I learnt from the blokes at at power as my dad's first kitcar had a 1600 focus engine with at power throttle bodies, they were a smaller diameter to jenvey but produced almost identical power figures but with a little more torque right through the rev range. As the air speed was greater but the volume not restricted. Read up on the lads fitted weber carbs to old fords, bigger won't get more power unless the engine is choking. That's why a lot of tuned up pinto engines will have .40 webbers but only a few very special pinto engines will be running on .45s. But a lot of bdg engines will have .45 carbs as unlike the pinto engine the bdg is a 16 valve.

sorry if I seem boring.

I've had one and think I was one of the first on here to fit one. I feel the same about the TB as I do about most things around NA engines. Generally the gains are minimal if at all. NA mods are about how they make you feel than gains. Exhaust and V6 box equals 5bhp the most. If anyone thinks it through logically, how can Cams give you 10- 15bhp but exhaust and anything else bar ITB give you anything else?

Last edited:
What's the gains like? Anyone with a dynograph?

I went to a Dyno day today and wanted to know this myself.
I've had the 64mm throttle body on there for over a year and have enjoyed the extra response, the suspicion has always been that they reduce power a bit as there will now be a step between the throttle body and the top of the inlet manifold.

The run with the 64mm throttle body.64mm%20throttle%20body_zpstcjfefcb.jpg

The run with the 60mm throttle body.
60mm%20throttle%20body_zpsvbztt5v9.jpg
Runs were approx 30 mins apart, same rollers + same operator. Sprintbooster is a better mod if you want improved throttle response IMO.

N/A tuning is more about how all the bits work together and finding bits that work well together, rather than expecting big gains from replacing just one thing. My old EP3 Type R was quite tuned up and ran good power of ~248bhp up from the standard ~197bhp mark.

That had a full manifold back system with de-cat, different intake manifold from a 2.2 accord I think it was, an ITG enclosed intake and something called a KPRO ECU which was then remapped to suite. I did all the mods over a course of two years and every one added something. It wasn't until I got the ECU and had it all mapped properly that it all came together. That in itself gave a lift of about 5-10bhp across the rev range and 15bhp at peak and also massively improved the torque curve. Don't underestimate the power of a remap when N/A tuning, it really does make all the difference. Just do it LAST once you're where you want to be, otherwise you'll have to have it done again every time you add something.

Last edited: