Affordable "super cars"

To be honest I couldn't care if it was writen in Dogging Weekly, that doesn't change the point of it...

And for £40,000 you could have a Carrera S and then have a nice Porsche keyring and not a cheap Nissan one!!! :smiley:

Nissan have done an unbelievable job with that car, it's completley mental. I've not driven one yet but I've had a good poke around and a sit in a couple and the finish is very good to match the mechanicals... But, it's just not on the same level of finish and oppulence of a similarly priced secondhand Bentley GT for example. It's horses for courses, like any price range of car really. It'd be boring if we all liked the same thing.

Last edited:
A good bit of backwards and forwards in this thread and some good points all round. For 70k I wouldn't be buying a new Nissan that's for certain, I'd much rather the lambo, even if I chopped it in after a few years after getting bored of being bummed on servicing, not many people can say they've owned a lambo, where as I think my Nan used to own a Nissan...

For 35/40k used though, the Nissan is a very tempting car, the performance is simply incredible! I'd much rather that than and older Aston, at my age at least, ask me again in 20years and I might take the Aston.

Can get a decent 355 for ~35k

Nissan is clearly a better car, but a gated manual Ferrari. No contest.

its alright running something "exotic" until it goes wrong or needs servicing...

the gtr is nearly 3 times cheaper than the lambo to service...

not to mention the £3000 clutch change or £2000 for brakes if needed :innocent:

Well I ain't one for second hand cars after a few problems I've had... But 8000miles on an Aston and a previous 50 year old owner with a OCD about detailing really appeals to me, unfortunately I haven't the garage space at this moment in time :worried: having said that the guy who is getting it works away a lot and will drop it off on way to airport..... Only condition is that I take him to the airport and give it a gentle detailing every now and then which I can live with lol.

Being kid free and able to do this at this point in my life really has to be done, just need to sell my house and another one which I have wasted 2 years doing up and now want to sell

Affordable? and talking about 30k to 70k?? Im in the wrong job. Lotus Elise R = 20k will do for me.

When saying affordable its the depreciation thats affordable, my Clio was around £19k new, when I sell it at 3 years old I will expect £6k to £8k to be realistic, the Aston I saw is £33k and 8000 miles on clock, in 3 years time I bet it's still worth £24k, but my thoughts are that is this the time to buy a mint really low mileage car like this DB9, cherish and love it..... Then in 25years time what will it be worth? Look at E-type jags now, yes inflation and all that does go up but most desirable classics are infact worth more now than new, how ridiculous. Will this Aston in 30 years time be worth more than its new price of £120k.... It's luck of draw picking the right "future classic" but is it worth the gamble for a car that you adore now?

When saying affordable its the depreciation thats affordable, my Clio was around £19k new, when I sell it at 3 years old I will expect £6k to £8k to be realistic, the Aston I saw is £33k and 8000 miles on clock, in 3 years time I bet it's still worth £24k, but my thoughts are that is this the time to buy a mint really low mileage car like this DB9, cherish and love it..... Then in 25years time what will it be worth? Look at E-type jags now, yes inflation and all that does go up but most desirable classics are infact worth more now than new, how ridiculous. Will this Aston in 30 years time be worth more than its new price of £120k.... It's luck of draw picking the right "future classic" but is it worth the gamble for a car that you adore now?

Cant see a DB9 being an investment tbh.. Buy a decent 355, 328 or 512 if you want to hold value

Yeah, ya could be right the DB9 might not be a future classic. veyron defo will be but out of budget lol. the 355 i like and it's something am gonna luck into, I always told my dad to enjoy the money he worked for or when he died I would spend my inheritance on a Ferrari and sleep in it cause wouldn't be able to afford a house. Fortunately I bought my house before he died so Ferrari on hold lol. But loosing my dad at an early age has made me have the outlook of if ya can afford it do it. Today could be ya last day.

From a "reasonably" affordable used point of view, a 997.1 Turbo would fit the bill IMO. It's super-car fast, has a very bullet-proof motorsport "Metzger" engine capable of pushing out far more power than standard form and will actually not cost the earth to service (same for most Porsches) unless you are driving RS models.

It'll have the longevity of appeal the GTR will never have. The GTR is a great car for the money but it's a big, heavy (ok very talented car). Unless you take it to Lichfield or somewhere for servicing, it'll cost you a packet to run. I would even suggest more than servicing a 911 which has 20k service intervals. I've been in a GTR on track and I was just not excited, dashboard is too distracting. You can tell I don't like it very much! :smile:

For the cost of my new GTS I could have got some nice used machinery (430, Gallardo etc) but I just know I'd have to double (at least) my servicing budget and would probably end up keeping it for half the time.

I just wish I'd kept my S1 Exige that I had from new as it would be worth now what I paid for it back in 2000.

Similar Thread Suggestions