Affordable "super cars"

:-D

Plus it'd be quicker and more fun than anything else that's been suggetested!

Yes - until you get fed up with the fact that it's not got much in the way of "any" practicality whatsoever! :smile: I know "super-car" are for the moment, but I'd be interested what the average length of ownership is on these?

Anyhow, maybe it's because I'm getting old and want some more creature comforts these days!

Yeah I need one "practical" car lol, which this will have to be for the days when I have to go for sensible meetings with work etc. Got the Clio for a throw around track, got Exocet (part built) just waiting on some plates for the supercharger to fit to, so was thinking something daft to shove in garage..... small depreciation but I know servicing is gonna kill this dream. Daft thing is insurance ain't that bad, infact a Ferrari 360 is cheaper to insure than an M3!

Yeah I need one "practical" car lol, which this will have to be for the days when I have to go for sensible meetings with work etc. Got the Clio for a throw around track, got Exocet (part built) just waiting on some plates for the supercharger to fit to, so was thinking something daft to shove in garage..... small depreciation but I know servicing is gonna kill this dream. Daft thing is insurance ain't that bad, infact a Ferrari 360 is cheaper to insure than an M3!

+1 on insurance - I don't think I'll ever understand how it works. With full no claims protected, AXA would insure me on my 911 but not on my Clio 200!

I did a temporary insurance on a Lambo.... basically needed 2 days insurance so insured it as a new car... then cancelled it 2 days later and said it never got collected :tongueout: was £1300 for year with no NCB!! how does that work! But I can insure a Lambo and my Clio on a admiral multicar policy cheaper than my business partner (15 years older than me) can insure a volvo xc90 and a 53 plate focus!! How does that work! Insurance lottery I guess lol

Do you really need a sensible car though.. Its very rare my back seats get used and my boot holds a Nos bottle and that's it. Practical to me is enough seats for me and the wife and that's it.. Simples.

Admittedly Caroline has the family wagon but I hate driving it.

When I say practical more like I would like something I could use in the rain, which rules out the atom lol. My 1st choice is a 360 in Red with Crema hide, 2nd is a 911 in Black, 3rd is a DB9 / V8 vantage.

All hangs in the hands of architect now, handed over a project to complete that I just can't motivate on so as we speak he is designing me something to build in back garden ( / jungle lol) Once thats done I can sell up and move back to my old place or buy a new house with a garage. Not gonna happen overnight but if the right car came up then might be tempted.

Andy give us a shout as/when you're ready. We've a few things in stock that you'd like by the sounds of it and we can source anything. :wink:

When I say practical more like I would like something I could use in the rain, which rules out the atom lol. My 1st choice is a 360 in Red with Crema hide, 2nd is a 911 in Black, 3rd is a DB9 / V8 vantage.

All hangs in the hands of architect now, handed over a project to complete that I just can't motivate on so as we speak he is designing me something to build in back garden ( / jungle lol) Once thats done I can sell up and move back to my old place or buy a new house with a garage. Not gonna happen overnight but if the right car came up then might be tempted.

Why does the rain rule out an Atom mate?

Its too similar to the exocet really, I am building exocet as a compromise to getting an atom as wanted an atom but with the price it would scare the living sh!t outta me putting it round a track, whereas the exocet is less than half the price, plus I can get a knowledge of how its supposed to be before I wreck it on a track..... Cause lets face it am a crap driver lol

Its not exactly a supercar, but id pick one over a GTR everyday!!!

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/...rs6-avant--high-spec-in-stunning-order/913890

And i cant think of many more things more practical! (unless you live a distance away from a petrol station!)

it's pretty super
:wink:

Engine size (Litres): 5.0
Engine configuration: V10
Cylinder layout: V
Valves: 40
Cylinders: 10
Engine power (BHP): 571
Torque (lbs/ft): 480
Top speed (MPH): 155
Acceleration: 0 to 62 in 4.6 seconds

it's pretty super
:wink:

I have to agree with the man himself here, not a huge VAG man but that does tick all boxes!!!

Personally I wouldn't have one, but if you could only have one car in your garage then I'd say that'd do a good job of everything.

i bought an 8 year old 911 carrera 2 when i was 30 (13 years ago) i paid 26k for it, and for the 3 years i had it, it cost me 17 grand, that's services parts, depreciation, interest on the 10k loan the lot. and that's not a super car either. but worth every penny :smile: if i could do it again i would in a heart beat. happy with the T25 campervan at the moment though :001_rolleyes:

Oh I would have that 6 all day long. Have you guys driven one... It's certainly super. Simple remap to 700bhp ! Epic.

I am a Audi fan though, to have all that power with a boot that can take both my dogs, 2 kids and my bike on holiday and still enjoy the drive.

I have lost a mint on my current RS4. Had it 14 months, paid £35k, done 20,000 miles,two sets of tyres, and two services since and it's now booking at £18k.... Slopes off to cry. It had £10k of work by Audi in the first six months as well but under warranty thank god. I don't think I would have another one for this reason. All these cheap super cars are great, but you still need to be quite wealthy to keep one on the road.

Still mine will be a great deal for someone else when I get rid of it.

Last edited:
Get some photos of the RS4 up, that's one Audi I do like.

The girl over the road has a friend with one, sounds ace when he gives it some beans. :smile:

Last edited:
I have a couple of pictures from when i picked it up and was just off to the lakes with my bike. Funny how i have realised that i have hundreds of pictures of all my past cars but only a couple of the RS4 avant.

Black one is the first one i had, The avus silver avant is my current.

8226824686_0336c8f086_c.jpg
IMG_0552 by sjonesy07, on Flickr

8226809298_d3fc6a49f8_c.jpg
photo5 by sjonesy07, on Flickr

8226810588_0df7a5fa40_c.jpg
photo4 by sjonesy07, on Flickr

I love the engine picture though as its epic to look at.

8226817480_6f841d59b5_z.jpg
2007AudiRS4Engine01FixedSmall by sjonesy07, on Flickr

Similar Thread Suggestions