Clothes shopping

Chris

Bad cop
What sort of brands do you guys wear?

Or are you an un-branded sort of guy?

Smart clothes, sporty clothes, posh clothes.

Lets talk!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Jeans...anything from Primark or similar, I end up getting them dirty so can't justify spending more than £10-20 per pair...

Hoodies...again, for everyday use like the track day yesterday, something cheap and won't matter if I cover it in oil or brake dust or whatever...on the flip side I do have a nice little collection of Superdry hoodies that I'll wear out to the pub or nights out, may as well put money on it now that I'll be in one at the Christmas meal!

Shirts...T-shirts I tend to get from outlet stores off eBay, can't be arsed/don't have time to be shopping on the high street! Proper sleeved shirts I will take the time to go somewhere decent and have a good look, job interviews, dates (what are they?) etc.......

Im a Nike man for shoes, however I've found a cheap brand called Fabric, some great lightweight fabric (clue is in the brand name I guess....) trainers for £25, I've got 3 pairs now for driving, chilling out, quick pint....

I spend most of my time in work uniform which is bought for me so my wardrobe is a bit on the small side, need to get back to the gym to fit into some of my older stuff......:oops:

Reactions: Chris
Cleaning the car : work clothes. Well why the hell would I wreck my own :smile:

Other than a mixture. Top shop, Next etc, bit of Nike and Adidas, hoodies are always comfy for lounging in, Under Armour stuff I’m also keen on. Have a Helly Hansen and Barbour jacket for winter. Basically comfy sports stuff I guess. And I’ve a fair bit of non branded stuff too. Not a huge label snob...but it’s nice to have some nicer stuff.....

You Chris ?

Cleaning the car : work clothes. Well why the hell would I wreck my own :smile:

Other than a mixture. Top shop, Next etc, bit of Nike and Adidas, hoodies are always comfy for lounging in, Under Armour stuff I’m also keen on. Have a Helly Hansen and Barbour jacket for winter. Basically comfy sports stuff I guess. And I’ve a fair bit of non branded stuff too. Not a huge label snob...but it’s nice to have some nicer stuff.....

You Chris ?

Lol didn't even say myself....

Ive got all sorts, for all occasions.

Tesco/sainsburys do quite a nice select of clothes for just bunging around the house in. Currently got a tesco pair of trackie bottoms on with a peacocks t shirts. Anything cheap and cheerful really. Got a few hollister hoodies and t shirts that I like to wear for going out in. For going to work, all I wear is pants and a cheap vest from amazon, as I use overalls.

For going out for a meal etc, I like a ben sherman shirt, fred perry polos.

Also got a bit of a plimsoll addiction, fred perry, ralph lauren, vans etc and some cheaper ones. But I've been having foot troubles as of late and partly blame these, alongside an unsupportive work boot (which is now changed) so I've been wearing skechers trainers, which are very comfy! Not actually had any foot trouble since changing both of these!

Lol didn't even say myself....

Ive got all sorts, for all occasions.

Tesco/sainsburys do quite a nice select of clothes for just bunging around the house in. Currently got a tesco pair of trackie bottoms on with a peacocks t shirts. Anything cheap and cheerful really. Got a few hollister hoodies and t shirts that I like to wear for going out in. For going to work, all I wear is pants and a cheap vest from amazon, as I use overalls.

For going out for a meal etc, I like a ben sherman shirt, fred perry polos.

Also got a bit of a plimsoll addiction, fred perry, ralph lauren, vans etc and some cheaper ones. But I've been having foot troubles as of late and partly blame these, alongside an unsupportive work boot (which is now changed) so I've been wearing skechers trainers, which are very comfy! Not actually had any foot trouble since changing both of these!

I hear you. Any of the Supermarket stuff is more than good for lounging in agreed. Easy to get hold of / try / take back and change too. Not to mention ok quality and good prices !

Footwear is a whole new ball-game ! My wife is a gym fanatic and goes 7 days a week. She's a huge fan of sketchers for her Athletic activities (Steady chaps) too.......

Me - i'm a trainers guy if i can get away with it. Have a couple of pairs of shoes; but after years of stuffy golf-do's i've had enough of being overly smart so avoid getting dressed-up at all costs if i can. Currently have a pair of Nike Tennis trainers for when me and the boys play, a pair of Adidas deck-type shoes for casual, some Puma's for getting to work in and some Under Armour which i'm trying to keep 'nice'. Eclectic !

Jeans and underwear from Next, EVERYTHING else in my wardrobe, including shoes, is either Ralph Lauren or Pretty Green. Oh except for a few pairs of Adidas trainers and a few Adidas Originals track tops.

Jeans and underwear from Next, EVERYTHING else in my wardrobe, including shoes, is either Ralph Lauren or Pretty Green. Oh except for a few pairs of Adidas trainers and a few Adidas Originals track tops.

Too much disposable income and not enough kids :smile:

Reactions: Sean197
I hear you. Any of the Supermarket stuff is more than good for lounging in agreed. Easy to get hold of / try / take back and change too. Not to mention ok quality and good prices !

Footwear is a whole new ball-game ! My wife is a gym fanatic and goes 7 days a week. She's a huge fan of sketchers for her Athletic activities (Steady chaps) too.......

Me - i'm a trainers guy if i can get away with it. Have a couple of pairs of shoes; but after years of stuffy golf-do's i've had enough of being overly smart so avoid getting dressed-up at all costs if i can. Currently have a pair of Nike Tennis trainers for when me and the boys play, a pair of Adidas deck-type shoes for casual, some Puma's for getting to work in and some Under Armour which i'm trying to keep 'nice'. Eclectic !

I have some stuff from Asda also and they do some nice clothes - well as you say any of the supermarket clothes are good!

Yeah I can't really rate the skechers highly enough - it took me ages to find a pair as I have very wide feet - and there athletic range is just no good for that!

Nice Sean - a bit of a dark horse there!

Ive got some Ralph lauren clothes and its got to be said there stuff is nice. Some of it is a gimmick though - and you do "pay for the pony". Ive got a RL quilted coat which I bought when I was about 3ST heavier so its like a sack on me which I'm GUTTED about as its a bloody lovely coat that I paid a lot of money for!

After America I came back with a lot of Tommy Hilfiger trousers and tops. However most of my attire is primarni unless it's for work where it's usually NEXT shirts.

Too much disposable income and not enough kids :smile:

Lol I only buy in the sales, Ralph Lauren always have great deals on their website just after Xmas. I've got 3 pairs of their chukka boots, £75 reduced from £150.

Nice Sean - a bit of a dark horse there!

Ive got some Ralph lauren clothes and its got to be said there stuff is nice. Some of it is a gimmick though - and you do "pay for the pony". Ive got a RL quilted coat which I bought when I was about 3ST heavier so its like a sack on me which I'm GUTTED about as its a bloody lovely coat that I paid a lot of money for!

LOVE Ralph Lauren stuff, I have around 30 of their shirts, 4 or 5 polos, around a dozen jumpers/cardigans and the aforementioned footwear. Also love Pretty Green, the stuff is just such good quality. Also have around 20 of their shirts, around half a dozen jumpers, and 3 of their jackets.
Clothing is my other vice, I'm not really a brand whore just a stickler for quality and those 2 brands do the job for me.

tbh with you Chris,i like branded clothes but since i bought my car,i've not been buying as much as i used to :tearsofjoy:

like jack&jones,lewis..work clothes fro top man mostly...

All of my jumpers and polos are all saints, jeans are diesel or replay, adidas trainers (gazelle, la og etc)
Hudson swathmore and redwing heritage boots (best boots I've ever owned period!) jackets are all saints and diesel, don't mind spending a good bit on cloths as I doo tend to get forever out of them as my build is a constant!

Also own quite a bit of outdoor gear, norrona, mountain hardware, north face summit series, again, last forever if looked after! Prob far too much cloths truth be told :-(

All of my jumpers and polos are all saints, jeans are diesel or replay, adidas trainers (gazelle, la og etc)
Hudson swathmore and redwing heritage boots (best boots I've ever owned period!) jackets are all saints and diesel, don't mind spending a good bit on cloths as I doo tend to get forever out of them as my build is a constant!

Redwings man hey....

I’ve had all sorts of work boots over the years. One flush time I treated myself to some RedWings (Few years ago but we’re certainly well over £100 then).

Didn’t last at all well and were so damned stiff all I can remember is walking round like John Wayne for months !

Reactions: Cossers
Redwings man hey....

I’ve had all sorts of work boots over the years. One flush time I treated myself to some RedWings (Few years ago but we’re certainly well over £100 then).

Didn’t last at all well and were so damned stiff all I can remember is walking round like John Wayne for months !

Lol, The moc toe heritage series are fantastic, like walking on the moon! Ashamed to say I have 2 pair and close on £300 each! One was a ltd edition that look the nads!

Lol, The moc toe heritage series are fantastic, like walking on the moon! Ashamed to say I have 2 pair and close on £300 each! One was a ltd edition that look the nads!

Yea I’m sure.I know my experience isn’t typical. And I’ll admit: I’m a heathen on work boots :smile:

Tbf i kill anything quicker than all around me. Probably because I’m always the one jammed in some dirty / grotty area at the sharp end scrapping and scuffing the boots to hell....

Reactions: Cossers
Yea I’m sure.I know my experience isn’t typical. And I’ll admit: I’m a heathen on work boots :smile:

Tbf i kill anything quicker than all around me. Probably because I’m always the one jammed in some dirty / gritty area at the sharp end scrapping and scuffing the boots to hell....
Lol, I've worked in a lot of environments and I know how you can go through boots, I have timberland steels for work and site work, never use the moc toes at work, not that flush! Lol

Ps scruffs workwork I find pretty decent for the price

Cossers comes balling on with his designer clothing - why the hell not eh :wink:

Im a bit finicky with work boots with my feet - actually managed to find a pair that don't murder my feet now. Had a pair of Dr martens that I thought were pricey (which turned out to utter crap).. But looking Redwings up on google, they are in a different realm of price.

Went into a couple of timberland shops in London on the hunt for some work boots - but neither had any with steel toe caps...

Now we're talking. Jeans - Armani J21s. Polos - Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss, Paul & Shark. Jumpers/Jackets - Stone Island, Armani, Hugo Boss. Trainers- Y-3, Adidas, New Balance. Socks - Tesco. Boxers - M&S. Bike Gear - Alpinestars, Arlen Ness.

I have had the same style for 30 years, my boy is worse than me he must have over 20 pairs of trainers! I like what I like but don't like in your face labels just the small logos.

Similar Thread Suggestions