Collinite 845 - What to wax..

Jamz72

Paid Member
Had a quick look through some posts and it seems that Collinite 845 is meant to be a decent wax for white cars.

Doesn't seem too expensive either: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Collinite...ssories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item19de48136a

I've read that it's normally meant for winter use as it offers such substantial protection, would it be okay to use it in the hot summer weather we have now/have just had?!

Also I have a black roof and gloss black pack on my GW, can I use the Collinite 845 on the black roof, bumper and diffuser or will I have to get a different wax for that?

Regards,
Someone who has never waxed a car before ;/

Its a good wax that and yes you can use it on everything bar the unpainted plastics. Avoid using any wax in direct hot sun (esp collinite) as you'll struggle to get it off. Working in the shade would be my recommendation.

Mine's white <<obviously but has black roof and other bits being a 200, I use Collinite #476 on all the panels black or white. It works really well and seems to last pretty well.

Beading tends to go off after a bit BUT while the beading might have gone it still appears to protect well and make cleaning easier for even longer.

Great wax and not expensive, I don't feel any need to go try anything more expensive tbh.

Last edited:
From experience the more you spend the easier it is to use. I have around 25 different waxes (don't ask) and the ones that are harder to use are definitely the cheaper waxes. The easiest to use wax I have is Swissvax Best of Show which is also the most expensive one I have. Personally if I had a white car and I was looking a cheap but effective paint protection product I'd buy Finish Kare 1000p, lasts as long as Collinite and is easier to use.

I've used 476 for nearly 4 years, I find it easier to work on a panel at a time. It's really easy to get 2 coats on that last for ages

Last edited:
845 is great stuff for the money,I do my whole car with it all the gloss black bits come up great and done the wheels last year and lasted ages.Done it again this summer and is spot on gives you a wet look in the sun and makes life easy getting the dead bugs of the front.

Cheers for the response guys, just not sure whether to get the Collinite or Finish Kare 1000p now (cheers Paddy)!

Think I'll pick a name out of a hat to decide :smile:

James

I used 845 on my GW including gloss black areas and it worked really well. Applied it 3 weeks ago and it was still beading this morning, found it easy to use and good value for the money.

I used rainforest rub from dodo juice them go over it with dodo red mist to bring it out more the shine is crazy.thats also GW ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375379186.774129.jpg

Only just getting round to buying this!

Do you have to polish before waxing? Is it a good idea?

If so, does anyone know if Dodo Juice Supernatural Micro Prime is any good? It seems to be less abrasive than other polishes, which I guess is good because I don't like the idea of rubbing the whole car down with something too abrasive! http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/pre-wax-cleaners/dodo-juice-supernatural-micro-prime/prod_1064.html

Also, I scanned a quick page of someone reviewing the above polish and he'd taped up his lights and what looked like the cut lines on the bonnet and doors etc.. is there any need to do this?!

James

If your doing it by hand auto finesse tripple and collinite 845 is a good combo also auto glym super resin polish, cannot answer about dodo juice. Never used any of their products.

I use iron X first then auto finesse tripple coat then top it of with 845,i do not bother taping things up but would help with not getting wax on other bits of trim and good marker to see on each panel where you are at.

Last edited:
Cheers guys! Just spent more than I was expecting on cleanyourcar.co.uk!

I got:
- Auto Finesse Lather Shampoo
- Auto Finesse Tripple All In One
- Collinite 845 Insulator Wax
- 2x Foam Fingers (I guess I can use these for the all in one polish as well as the wax?)
- Miracle Dryer Ultra Plush Towel

I also need to get a hosepipe, buckets, mitt etc (!) which I will just get from Halfrauds :smile:

James

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sevenfourate Detailing 28
S Detailing 3
M Detailing 8
R Gallery 6