Dale's Glacier White 200 cup

£15 you say ... might drive down and have myself a little scavenger hunt :tearsofjoy:

Is your vent still broken btw, it's probably an easy fix, I had mine apart the other day and it sounds like the little lip thing has just popped out of place.

Got my garage to whip it out as he had some plastic trim removal tools - rather than me launch at it with a screwdriver. So I never actually saw it out.

Was weird as normally they slide left or right easily. Mine locked to one side and if I tried to centre it - it was spring loaded and kept pulling to the side again.

£5 in his hand sorted it !

I didn't even need plastic trim tools I literally popped it out by pulling with a tiny amount of force.

Glad it's sorted now though anyway! Shame about the phone holder though :tearsofjoy:

So few more goodies to update on! :smiley:

Custom made aluminium RS footrest, courtesy of my good man @sevenfourate , thanks again for this buddy its really appreciated!

WBvChkXl.jpg

Stuck down with some double sided carpet tape, seems to be sturdy enough!

4XK5e5Pl.jpg

Also ordered some powerflex goodies! Got the upper torque arm bush and the lower engine mount inserts.

Already fitted the upper one and oh my god, the difference is like night and day, car feels so much tighter and I can feel the vibrations through the steering wheel ... absolutely love it :smiley:

CgKy5Yjl.jpg

Once I'd put it in though and after I went for a drive, I noticed top left of it isn't flush with the rest of it:

hZXvUtfh.jpg

Think this is cause for concern? Is it worth removing and trying to fit again?

So few more goodies to update on! :smiley:

Custom made aluminium RS footrest, courtesy of my good man @sevenfourate , thanks again for this buddy its really appreciated!

WBvChkXl.jpg

Stuck down with some double sided carpet tape, seems to be sturdy enough!

4XK5e5Pl.jpg

Also ordered some powerflex goodies! Got the upper torque arm bush and the lower engine mount inserts.

Already fitted the upper one and oh my god, the difference is like night and day, car feels so much tighter and I can feel the vibrations through the steering wheel ... absolutely love it :smiley:

CgKy5Yjl.jpg

Once I'd put it in though and after I went for a drive, I noticed top left of it isn't flush with the rest of it:

hZXvUtfh.jpg

Think this is cause for concern? Is it worth removing and trying to fit again?
Can't see it being much of an issue. Think mine is similar. Quite a quick fix though if you want to try and reseat it.

Can't see it being much of an issue. Think mine is similar. Quite a quick fix though if you want to try and reseat it.

Unfortunately not a quick fix for me as my wrench is too thick to fit in the gap on the top bolt so it involves taking the whole scuttle drain out... lol! Might be worth doing anyway, got some time this weekend... I'll clean the scuttle drains whilst I'm at it so no harm done!

Reactions: Big Ben
not sure what im looking at mate..what's not right??

Top left of the powerflex bush, the yellow piece, it doesn't sit fully flush with the metal bit at the top but does at the middle/bottom.

ohh that..nothing to worry about..its just because you tightened it up properly so the top left corner pops out a bit..safe mate

Ahh ok brilliant! Puts my mind at ease so thanks for that Pav mate :smiley:

Had throttle body off today for a good clean... boy was it filthy! Used some some throttle body cleaner stuff from halfords seemed to do the trick.

Don't have a before pic but here it is all sparkling and clean.

y5PvxHNl.jpg

hLjoCUSl.jpg

Here's the previously unused rag after cleaning it...

1EzHKqDl.jpg

Seems to have made lower revs a lot smoother... but I'm still idling at about 750 RPM.

When I'm stationary and tap the accelerator pedal it dips down just below 750 and then settles at 750. Is this any cause for concern? Shouldn't it be idling more towards 1K?

Good job on the cleaning, Dale! It clearly needed it!

Mine sometimes has the same symptoms you describe, in that the revs drop if I tap the pedal on idle. I think mine idles closer to 900 in general though, but they do definitely drop in that way - they also do it first thing on a morning before the engine has really warmed up, when I come to a stop at junctions etc.

Reactions: Dystant
Cha-Ching.....that is clean !!

A little low idle that. Should be more like 850-900rpm i imagine.

You cleaned your air filter (Simple first line of attack) and perhaps hoover any crap out of airbox ?

Do you use a premium fuel ?

Cha-Ching.....that is clean !!

A little low idle that. Should be more like 850-900rpm i imagine.

You cleaned your air filter (Simple first line of attack) and perhaps hoover any crap out of airbox ?

Do you use a premium fuel ?

Got a K&N Panel filter which I got off a fella on here, it looks clean, but is there any way to check? Or is it just a case of give it a clean anyway?

Airbox was only fitted last week so I cleaned it all out before I fitted it so should be fine I imagine.

Only ever use Tesco 99 stuff so I can't see it being a fuel issue.

Air leaks usually raise; or cause a hanging idle if the throttle is blipped. So cant see it being that either......

Do these cars have an Idle Air Control Valve ?

**Cleaning the filter will be cheap insurance for sure. For many reasons !