F1 season 2017 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make very fair points @///M and I'm also with @Jimmy on cheering on Ferrari this year, but it's all unravelling very quickly, to the point I'm indifferent about who takes the world title. If only Max hadn't had so many DNFs.
Oh well, BTCC has been amazing this year and Ash Sutton took a well deserved title. Jason Plato must feel very second rate now - not quite sure if he needs to move teams TBH. I don't really like him, to the point I gave away a signed poster of him to a family on Saturday at Brands.

You make very fair points @///M and I'm also with @Jimmy on cheering on Ferrari this year, but it's all unravelling very quickly, to the point I'm indifferent about who takes the world title. If only Max hadn't had so many DNFs.
Oh well, BTCC has been amazing this year and Ash Sutton took a well deserved title. Jason Plato must feel very second rate now - not quite sure if he needs to move teams TBH. I don't really like him, to the point I gave away a signed poster of him to a family on Saturday at Brands.

HA!

Awesome Plato diss! Definitely not a fan!

:smiley:

As for this year, it's proved to me how strong my dislike is for Vettel. I'd rather Ferrari lose than him win...

Very interesting remarks from Helmet (Yes it IS spelled that way :smiley: ) Marko this week!

“Ricciardo is on the market. We must certainly look for alternatives. We will not be caught off guard.”

Dan seems to have no idea about it. Madness.

Hope he goes to Mercedes!

(So Lewis can knock him into a cocked hat!)

Bottas will take a 5-place grid penalty this weekend for an unscheduled gearbox change.

I never liked Schumacher at the time (I was a fan of Damon Hill, so Schuey was the 'enemy'), however I have a huge amount of respect for him as a driver - he is far superior to Vettel in every way IMO. I know he had his faults and his shady carryings on, however with what's gone on in F1 before, since, and now, it wasn't the most outlandish stuff in the world.

I don't know what Vettel's problem is; he just seems to have taken on this air of entitlement, like he can do whatever the hell he wants and just get away with it. I think the decision post-Baku has a lot to do with this: he essentially got away scott free with it, so now he probably feels he has a layer of protection around him.

Re BTCC, very happy that Ash Sutton got the title - this is a motorsport that throws up many different winners over the years, and the championship is always very tightly fought. I don't mind Plato, but he is one moaning sonuva b when he wants to be....

EDIT: apologies, I got Plato and Matt Neal confused - Neal is the epic moaner, although Plato has his moments too

Last edited:
Reactions: Micah
I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who RB could promote from the junior formulae either.
you can't think of one, because there isn't anyone, sean.

brendon hartley. wasn't he a red bull junior? wonder why he never got his chance. maybe too erratic in the junior classes? came good with porsche. reliably one of the fastest in the WEC.

brendon hartley. wasn't he a red bull junior? wonder why he never got his chance. maybe too erratic in the junior classes? came good with porsche. reliably one of the fastest in the WEC.

Think he was a bit nuts when he was younger, then he got his chance in WEC an he's been great (mostly) ever since. Still looks 18 too. Wish I could say the same!

Your boy looked VERY good again this morning. Hoping he has an engine behind him worthy of his obvious talents next season.

Your boy looked VERY good again this morning. Hoping he has an engine behind him worthy of his obvious talents next season.

really glad he got his act together. impressed too with how he kept the williams guys and one force india behind him in malaysia. great opportunist move when exiting the pits (mclaren really need to get their strategy in order. not the first time they get themselves in trouble.).

Think he was a bit nuts when he was younger ...

yeah, must be it. he's 27 now. probably deemed to old now. which is a shame. how old was damon when he got his chance? okay, that was twenty (or more) years ago. but still. a lot of internet warriors feel stoffel is too old (25). don't like this search for ever younger drivers, tbh.

really glad he got his act together. impressed too with how he kept the williams guys and one force india behind him in malaysia. great opportunist move when exiting the pits (mclaren really need to get their strategy in order. not the first time they get themselves in trouble.).

yeah, must be it. he's 27 now. probably deemed to old now. which is a shame. how old was damon when he got his chance? okay, that was twenty (or more) years ago. but still. a lot of internet warriors feel stoffel is too old (25). don't like this search for ever younger drivers, tbh.

Honestly, I think he deserved driver of the day in Malaysia. He was superb. And NO ONE keeps Alonso honest without being very very good indeed.

As for too old, I'm of the opinion that there's no substitute for experience. 25 is just coming into the sweet spot I think.

I'd really like to see him in a top car to see if he has that killer instinct that the very top drivers need. Hope he gets it. Belgium is very very dear to my heart. I'm a Lewis fan, but after him, SvD is my guy.

Reactions: peter

Was on the TV mate. Interview so nothing lost in translation.

“Some people are going faster than others”
“Maybe he didn’t look in his mirrors”
“I don’t hold it against him”

How he has the audacity to do anything other than offer a public apology after we’ve all seen the damning footage from Stroll’s car I don’t know.

Reactions: Sean197 and Chris
Was on the TV mate. Interview so nothing lost in translation.

“Some people are going faster than others”
“Maybe he didn’t look in his mirrors”
“I don’t hold it against him”

How he has the audacity to do anything other than offer a public apology after we’ve all seen the damning footage from Stroll’s car I don’t know.

self-righteous arrogant fuck.

vettel doesn't get that multi-21 only applies to his teammate, not the entire field.
qualifying's on.

Reactions: Sean197
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions