Mmmmm what to do..

Fernandez

Gold Member
I absolutely love my Clio, especially now its got the Meg engine but now I have abundant power I want more so I guess you could say I'm doing a Litchy in that I'm looking at what else is available out there.

I used to chuckle at Mr Wilsons "do I or don't I sell" posts but now I can actually see where he's coming from. Just lately I've been eyeing up Exiges, Caymans and M3's .. O the dilemma

Last edited:
Lol, I have looked at a few..

I used to be a hardened all year round biker, for around 7 years whilst in London I didn't own a car and only had bikes so I'd quite happily drive something daily that some people would only consider as a weekend car, hence my love for an Exige.

In nearly every car forum I've ever been on, there is always amounts of modifying going on but there has always been one common factor,
whenever anyone has completed an 'extreme' modification (usually resulting in much more power) they quickly decide to sell up!
There is nothing to read between the lines in what I'm saying, it's just odd to me that I've seem this so many times
oh and if it ain't the everyday car get the exige :smile:

I had a vx220 as everyday car, not a disaster but its just too raw for everyday use, mind lotus trim level is better so would be a bit easier.

In nearly every car forum I've ever been on, there is always amounts of modifying going on but there has always been one common factor,
whenever anyone has completed an 'extreme' modification (usually resulting in much more power) they quickly decide to sell up!
There is nothing to read between the lines in what I'm saying, it's just odd to me that I've seem this so many times
oh and if it ain't the everyday car get the exige :smile:

This is true, I love the car, its epic but when you have a car thats got crazy power and launches like a rocket you want more. If I got an exige, it'd get modded or an Audi engine and then I'd want more.

Wondering when this would start :tongueout:.

I think, cos we have this power, we start to look at things with more power, but at the same.time.forget why we actually bought the clio

I had a vx220 as everyday car, not a disaster but its just too raw for everyday use, mind lotus trim level is better so would be a bit easier.

I agree its raw, however, nothing is more raw than commuting out of London everyday and through winter temperatures and wet weather for 3 years on a Ducati 748R.. Give me an Atom any day :wink:

Last edited:
This is why I stick with having the R26 and TBB as they are completely different toys to play with, since doing it this way I havent seriously considered replacing either car, and I used to be terrible for keep wanting to change (6 cars in as many years if you count them up, R26 ive now had for 2&1/2, TBB just over 2)......

Perhaps its time to have a toy as well as the clio?????????????

Last edited:
Those crazy Mini's with bike engines are awesome. Only thing that puts me off is that my first car was a Mini 1275GT which I had a very serious and nasty accident in. its kind of put me off minis for life.

Those crazy Mini's with bike engines are awesome. Only thing that puts me off is that my first car was a Mini 1275GT which I had a very serious and nasty accident in. its kind of put me off minis for life.

Dosent have to be a mini bud could be any small car :thumbsup:

Said it many times mate only you can make that dission if you think you have gone as far as you can with the clio then it may be time to let it go.If you change it how much are you going to throw at the next one till you've had enough of that.Its a never ending circle with people that mod cars you always want something that will give you a bit more.Persoally I would keep the clio as you've put a lot of time and effort into it and buy another motor cause your never going to get back moneys you have ploughed into the clio.Just my opinion

Funnily enough I've seen that listing :wink:

Said it many times mate only you can make that dission if you think you have gone as far as you can with the clio then it may be time to let it go.If you change it how much are you going to throw at the next one till you've had enough of that.Its a never ending circle with people that mod cars you always want something that will give you a bit more.Persoally I would keep the clio as you've put a lot of time and effort into it and buy another motor cause your never going to get back moneys you have ploughed into the clio.Just my opinion

You're right Mr Roy, gotta keep the car for a bit anyway as its on a stand at the Autosport show in January

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Roy General Chat 9
Arran Other Marques 6
E General Chat 40
R Gallery 6