Mmmmm what to do..

Dunno mate, the power to weight ratio of a merc sprinter is F1 territory
And have amazing torque, capable at doing really good burn outs!! My cousin used to drive one for work, we have many fond and crazy fun memories of that van and places we took it too!!

In nearly every car forum I've ever been on, there is always amounts of modifying going on but there has always been one common factor,
whenever anyone has completed an 'extreme' modification (usually resulting in much more power) they quickly decide to sell up!
There is nothing to read between the lines in what I'm saying, it's just odd to me that I've seem this so many times
oh and if it ain't the everyday car get the exige :smile:

This is so true. Couldn't have been said better and that's why I prefer to spend money with the car and not on the car, and whenever I can and funds allow, both. It keeps reminding me why I actually bought it.

By the way I love Exiges (Lotuses in general), but you definitely need a second car and a garage. I live in London and there is no way I'd park an Exige on the streets with all the monkeys in the SUVs around (no offence to anyone in here driving an SUV) or else I'd be looking for a clam per month! And i can't justify running a second car for a daily while so much money are being tied up on another one. So 2 cars and a garage in London is an absolute no for me, hence the Clio. It does the lot (what I personally expect from a car anyway) and having just come back from my Alpine trip I can easily say that it's equally fast (or even faster in the wet!) with the Lotuses on the twisties. Win for me!

...looking at AST'S for next years season :smile:

You are going to adore this kit Mike...

I absolutely love my Clio, especially now its got the Meg engine but now I have abundant power I want more so I guess you could say I'm doing a Litchy in that I'm looking at what else is available out there.

I used to chuckle at Mr Wilsons "do I or don't I sell" posts but now I can actually see where he's coming from. Just lately I've been eyeing up Exiges, Caymans and M3's .. O the dilemma

'Doing a Litchy' Lol....Theres a big difference between modifying cars and project cars IMO. My car was always a project car, which means there was always going to be a end in order to start a new project. The big problem is the Clio is a hard project to replace. Any other project will cost me 3x the amount the Clio did and still end up with 3x lesser outcome.

FI Clio's are incredible toys. Mr F now realises (as will Mr Willis), its easy to get into but very hard to get out of, even when you're getting the itch to try something new.

Good luck Mr F, cause you'll need it if you think its easy walking away from what I describe as the best and most complete car I've ever owned. I'm absolutely ready for a new project, just not at the expense of the Clio.

Last edited:
^^^^^i agree, it's a complete addiction!!but also one I'm not trying to Wien my self off of. Trouble is when u get to this stage it's so hard to beat!

Mother of God that's tasty! :tongueout:

Astra Van you want no matter what you drive an Astra van will always bomb past you. Fastest vehicle in the world :wink:

Urgh, HATE those things, complete death traps! Nearly killed myself in one of them a couple of times.

Isn't that a merc sprinter?

Now we're talking! They have so much torque its hilarious. Had loads of fun drifting RWD ones around the roundabouts at the NEC whenever we do a trade show. I always pray for rain on those weeks just to make it a bit more fun :smiley:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Roy General Chat 9
Arran Other Marques 6
E General Chat 40
R Gallery 6