Peter's R27 Progress

Today i decided to whip the wheels off and give the brakes a good look over and clean up. The rears were the worst, but im happy with them now.
Some before and after pics:
Before:
IMG_0418.jpg
After:
IMG_0419.jpg
Before:
IMG_0450.jpg
After:
IMG_0451.jpg
Before:
IMG_0424.jpg
After:
IMG_0420.jpg

I got a sticker for the car aswell, its my local forum here in Aberdeenshire.
IMG_0453.jpg

And a pic from a little drive over the cairn o mount thats on my doorstep, with a mate in his mx5.
IMG_0303.jpg

Looking good mate :smile:. Been wanting to get a picture up the cairn for a while now but the weather is too unpredictable, We'll have to get a run together and a couple of photos :smile:

Cars looking tidy mate!! :thumbsup: I'd be up for a run up the cairn as well. Give us a shout on here if you're ever planning another run. Hopefully get some decent pictures!!

The first pictures you put up that was in Kemnay was it? I go out in Kemnay alot never noticed your motor.. I have a liquid yellow 200

I drive through Kemnay everyday, live 10 mins away from there. Can't say I've ever seen you about ZanderAce.

cheers guys, yeh we will have to get a few photos of the three of us up the cairn sometime! :thumbsup:

I bought the 197 in Kemnay so the first pics are there, but i live in Laurencekirk.

I agree one of the rear discs has just about had its chips but ill get a bit more out of it yet and replace both rears at the same time in a few months or so. :smile:

I was at a local car meet in Aberdeen last night (team beard) some may have heard of it.
And there was some good photographers taking some snaps so here's a few of mine. :smile:

733928_315571025237299_2018215833_n.jpg
547873_315572508570484_796897080_n.jpg
544150_315571081903960_1951770417_n.jpg

That last pic has my old mx5 in the backround, (now my mates car) i owned that about a year ago before deciding to go french. :wink:

But anyway next on the list is exhaust, followed by some new tyres, a wheel reburb, and h&r lowering springs to get it sitting a bit more pretty. :smile:

cheers, im going to put them into motorwerks in aberdeen, they remove tyres and send the wheels to Pristine Wheels in Milton keynes, and then motorwerks will fit my tyres back on once there done.

cheers, im going to put them into motorwerks in aberdeen, they remove tyres and send the wheels to Pristine Wheels in Milton keynes, and then motorwerks will fit my tyres back on once there done.

Aw are you, i was gonna suggest my mate. Hes started his own business doing refurbs and powder coating, hes just up the garvock. Got him to refurb and powder coat my raiders and they came up top notch :smile:, but if you've already got someone in mind then never mind :tongueout:

Aw are you, i was gonna suggest my mate. Hes started his own business doing refurbs and powder coating, hes just up the garvock. Got him to refurb and powder coat my raiders and they came up top notch :smile:, but if you've already got someone in mind then never mind :tongueout:

Ah ok, how much does he charge? If you had some pictures i could see of the finish id possibly be interested. :smile:
where abouts do you stay anyway mate? Im just at the bottom of the garvock in laurencekirk.

Ah ok, how much does he charge? If you had some pictures i could see of the finish id possibly be interested. :smile:
where abouts do you stay anyway mate? Im just at the bottom of the garvock in laurencekirk.

Am from montrose mate, He's 60 a wheel so thats 240 for all 4, he takes the tyres off and puts back on also, He can usually do them within a day or two if you need them back quickish.

Here's a pic of my raider that he done..
IMG_0602_zps514557da.jpg

Thats the only photo i have of my wheels, Heres some more of a astra nurburgring alloys he done
148302_333404060111337_2133830385_n_zps304132fe.jpg

And my cousins candy purple civic jordan wheels he done too
556638_328094837308926_1220001281_n_zps868c12fd.jpg

He does a really good job! If you want his number then just give me a PM bud :smile:

Looks like he does a good job and its handy with him being local, thanks for putting the pics up!
Ill have a think about it and maybe fire you a pm when im ready to get them done. :smile:

So had my car in at wallace performance and asked them to remove the centre silencer for me the other day!
I went by later on to pick the car up and go to pay for the work to be told ''that will be £149 please.. so my automatic response was obviously DAFUQ!?

But after a good chat with the exhaust guy it turned out he'd read the job sheet wrong and cut out my centre silencer AND cat!

they realised they had messed up, so i paid £60 in the end and got some documents stating i can get the cat refitted free of charge at any time.

So im happy enough now after the initial scare, and on the plus side my car now sounds like a rally car. :thumbsup:

that wont be to everyones taste but im loving it, its still quiet at steady speeds but every down shift gives a great backfire and pop.

Ill have to get a video up soon, but for now a wee pic of the stainless pipe! :smile:
IMG_0601.jpg

I have also got a new Renault sport gear knob for the interior :smile:
Looks and feels lovely.
IMG_0620.jpg
IMG_0618.jpg

What's the flat pot like with the cat and silencer out ? I have just the silencer removed but maybe want the cat removing too

What's the flat pot like with the cat and silencer out ? I have just the silencer removed but maybe want the cat removing too

I defiantly notice the flat spot more now, mainly in 2nd gear between 2-2.5k revs. i never really felt it much before.

But im quite smooth with the throttle through those revs so it doesn't affect me much, i was planning on getting it remapped at some point anyway so that may help abit.

I wouldn't change it back for the sake of the flat spot though, it doesn't bother me enough and the noise and pops i get from the car now puts a big smile on my face when i drive it. :smile: