Peter's R27 Progress

I defiantly notice the flat spot more now, mainly in 2nd gear between 2-2.5k revs. i never really felt it much before.

But im quite smooth with the throttle through those revs so it doesn't affect me much, i was planning on getting it remapped at some point anyway so that may help abit.

If you get a remap then id suggest wallace performance for that too mate. Got mine remaped there on tuesday, They done a top job, My flatspot has completely gone now iswel, my clios alot quicker too! :smile:

If you get a remap then id suggest wallace performance for that too mate. Got mine remaped there on tuesday, They done a top job, My flatspot has completely gone now iswel, my clios alot quicker too! :smile:

Nice one mate! Do you mind me asking how much they charged you for it? i
i was thinking about using them for the remao aswell :smile:

What kind of map did you ask for? or is it just a general remap? how much gains did you get? :drool:

Im glad it fixed your flat spot!

Nice one mate! Do you mind me asking how much they charged you for it? i
i was thinking about using them for the remao aswell :smile:

What kind of map did you ask for? or is it just a general remap? how much gains did you get? :drool:

Im glad it fixed your flat spot!

Was 200 for the map then an extra 60 for a dyno before and after the map so 260 all in :smile:

Just asked if they could remap mine and they booked me in for like a month later, got there on tuesday and the lad just said that he would get one sent to him.

Dyno before showed my car had 189bhp then after map they had managed to bump it upto 197bhp, which i was happy with to be fair seeings as mine has 72 on the clock, iv gained a heap more torque, fuel is alot better too and like i said the flat spot has been completely removed. I'll get a pic of my graph up at somepoint as i dont have it on me at the minute, then you can see the difference the map has made :smile:

Thats some really good gains actually! im impressed with that. :smile:
The price is what i expected, and if its gave you 9bhp, more torque, better fuel and removed the flat spot id say its money well spent. :clap:

Yeah i'd say its money well spent, also kangooring first thing in the mornings are no more iswel :smiley:, Knew i wasnt going to get much more bhp because clio's aint turbos, my mates were saying whats the point if thats the only bhp gain your getting then i took them out in it once it was mapped and they said the map was well worth it haha, the car just wants to keep revving all the time :smile:

The kangarooing is a pain in the ass right enough, so yeh thats another plus :smile:

Yeh well you dont really get them mapped for more bhp its just to improve the overall drive of the car and it seems to have done everything that needs improved. :smile:

Ill try and get mine booked in soon, sounds like they did a good job.

A little video of me driving under a tunnel a few times with my new custom decat and silencer removed. The quality isn't great because i used my iphone but gives you an idea.
Some lovely pops on gear changes. :thumbup:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agf-GDmGqwk[/YOUTUBE]

On sunday i decided to fit some interior door pulls to make shutting the door easier.
Done photos along the way as a guide for this mod.
I decided to use Mitsubishi charisma door pulls for this because the curved shape went well with the door curve.

How the doors were to begin with:

IMG_0670.jpg

The handles:

IMG_0674.jpg

Marking the fabric with a pen and slice through with a stanley knife:

IMG_0671.jpg

After you get under the fabric you will find 3mm plastic:

IMG_0672.jpg

I used the fabric from the scrap car i got the handles from as a template to see the size hole that was needed, but as you see i cut the hole quite alot smaller to ensure the handles pushed in tight:

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

The handles i used had a lip at the top for the door card plastic to fix under, and a good firm push down clipped them in place:

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

Also very handy as phone slot! :smile:

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

The same was then done for the passenger side:

IMG_0684.jpg

The doors close so much easier now. :thumbsup:

Some nice beading on the windscreen!

IMG_0682.jpg

In between doing that job i removed my top front grills and painted them in a satin black finish.
And gave the bumper behind the grills a clean at the same time:

Before:

IMG_0665.jpg

After:

IMG_0668.jpg

How the grills looked before:

IMG_0667.jpg

And the finished result:

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

Cheers guys, i must admit i was crapping myself slightly as i was cutting into the doors.. but im very pleased with the results and id recommend doing it.