Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

I know exactly what you mean about being the nice guy Shuv, ultimately it gets you nowhere and sometimes you have to put your point across a little more firmly :smile: hopefully he will have got the message and you will have them back... It certainly is turning into an epic saga isn't it!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Thats a bit crap that Shuv mate... Why can't people just do what they promise, and if they can't, dont promise it. I do find some tradesmen like this, say they want the job but never give you quotes back or dont turn up, yada yada...

Hopefully it pays off for you, I'm sure it will! Hell he's probably not used to being harassed and will want you out the way (with a bit of luck :wink: )

What a FABULOUS day to be fookin around in the garage, in a T-shirt with the radio on :smile:

Couple of three enjoyable hours spent cleaning the inside and under the hood - getting it back to my standards !!.....and generally tarting around.......

I removed a slightly tatty Renault 'checklist / delivery' decal from the front underside of the hood near the lock, and also an original but tatty one from some wiring to the left of the inlet manifold. Then cleaned up and literally polished, waxed and QD'd the underside of the bonnet itself:

36977356945_988571c425_b.jpg

Then searched my stores (And after being pointed to the fact the green brake-line at the back under the drivers side wiper pivot-point stood out like a sore-thumb !!). Covered it up with some Yellow corrugated split-line wire covering i had:

36141815994_3550b3b945_b.jpg

Shade doesn't really match and it's a bit OTT. So off to ebay i went and have purchased the same size in plain old black. Can decide between the two when it arrives.....

I also had a bit of a fresh'n / mix-up with the dash strip decals. Old:

35259274380_64fa074cc6_b.jpg

New:

36977356125_b344f50c54_b.jpg

Then went to fit the radio signal booster. I bought some removal keys during the week and had already purchased a complete little fused kit with connector, sticky pad etc etc from my very favourite outlet :shuv:

36133515393_6d4ee48569_b.jpg

Radio came out no issues (Bloody tight fit with zero space around or behind it mind)......only to find out the aerial is a non-standard connection as it sits. An adaptor lead might be available; but without some hacking-around of the plastic behind the radio i'm 100% sure the standard wiring, the booster-box and and leads; and an adaptor lead won't all go back in again.

So for the moment i chucked it back in as it was and buried my head in the sand :sunglasses:

So. Not much achieved at all really - but unless you try you wont know. And at least i topped up the tan on my arms :smile:

Yet another cleaning session.kudos to you Syer..even when my car is freshly cleaned its not as clean as yours when its "dirty"

Looks beautiful

Last edited:
Impressive attention to detail Shuv, that engine bay is a thing of aesthetic beauty! I really like the '16v 2.0l' decal, not seen those before! Awesome car, mate, love it!

Yet another cleaning session.kudos to you Syer..even when my car is freshly cleaned its not as clean as yours when its "dirty"

Looks beautiful

Cheers pal. As i've always said: Half of it is the cleaning, Half of it being off work and outside in the sunshine !

Impressive attention to detail Shuv, that engine bay is a thing of aesthetic beauty! I really like the '16v 2.0l' decal, not seen those before! Awesome car, mate, love it!

Standard on a 1*2 i believe. You can guess where i bought it..... :smile:

Lovely Shuv. Underside of the hood is better than most peoples exteriors:grinning:
alpinestars is a bike thing??

A-Stars do motorcycle gear yes mate, but also casual clothing etc too and stuff for extreme sports and cycling amongst lots of other things. Kind of like a lifestyle brand i guess.

Very nice Syer but for me as long as it works and the out side is responsible iam happy.Its all about driving the thing that's my heaven the feeling when it's just on the edge love it

What did you use to clean them? Look really clean, mine are looking a bit grubby! Must take an age to dry??

Soak in a bucket of warm water: with some washing powder / liquid in and a couple of scoops of vanish for 15 mins a belt.

Scrub with a nail brush (Not across the belt) and towel dry.

You can do all 4 in around an hour :smile:

Then it's literally 10 mins in today's warm weather to dry. Or turn the heaters on and run for 10 mins if you're not blessed with some rays !

Second time I've done mine. Soon forget how quickly they get grubby...

Cheers bud, have to get round to it some time, pissin here at the mo, had the car out yesterday for a short run to a shopping centre! First run in a couple of months I'd guess! I need to get this house finished! Lol

Hi Shuv,

As I know you enjoy the changing nature of the colour of our cars, I thought you might appreciate this screen grab I took while going through my files on my computer. Just thumbnails so they're tiny, but look at the colour difference!!! Can't believe they're the same! Just thought I would share.

RB.jpg

Hi Shuv,

As I know you enjoy the changing nature of the colour of our cars, I thought you might appreciate this screen grab I took while going through my files on my computer. Just thumbnails so they're tiny, but look at the colour difference!!! Can't believe they're the same! Just thought I would share.

View attachment 113365

Cheers buddy :smile:

Mate im fully aware of how mine changes in reality let alone on film. (Last few dull days it's been the darkest Blue i've ever seen it i think]....and i'm also aware of how either of my two camera's; or my phone makes a huge difference to how it appears on here. My iphone 7 always makes it look shades and shades darker. Irrespective of the fact it might be a really bright day and the car appearing in its palest form. Apart from close-ups, engine shots, parts pictures etc - i refuse to use it on full shots now.

If you looked back over this thread, you'd see i have more shades of Blue captured than you'd imagine ever existed. The pic above of mine was on a truly scorchio day with bright light and clear skies. If yours was on a dull day and the pic 100% un-edited...it's not hard to see how the huge void between them came about.

***Been in to see my seat guy after work. He may be slow. But by christ he's good :smile: He should be sending me some pics shortly....

[QUOTE="sevenfourate, post: 662664,

***Been in to see my seat guy after work. He may be slow. But by christ he's good :smile: He should be sending me some pics shortly....[/QUOTE]
You have the patience of course saint Shuv! Good things come to he who waits.