Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

......the tyre sealant kit can be stored behind the carpet on the side where the rear shock is..thats where i have it..nicely hidden and dont fly about in the boot..
@Pav

Nearside or drivers side ? Cause ive got shocks both sides on mine :thumbup:

Had a quick look and no carpet appears to want to come out "quick-release" (Just means taking some trim / seals off).

But i also pushed and prodded and it feels hard both side behind the carpet.

Could it be 197's only where you have a space for storage ?

as promised:

P_20160612_153154_p.jpgd4528be8-a250-475f-aba1-cdda395c987c.jpg
P_20160612_153154_p.jpg
P_20160612_153220_1_p.jpg

hope thats what you meant..

Superb. Many thanks :kiss:lol

When i pushed on the carpet on mine - its feels hard as rock behind it from front to back on both sides ! ie: Didnt appear to be a void behind it at all.

If it ever stops lashing it down here i'll investigate !

its nice and tight in there so no movement..plus you dont have to give up any space in your boot..

You can call me numb-skull :whatever:

Full-monty clean and detail today, and then at lunchtime as i was doing the last little bits - i decided the matt black door strips were just too much for me any longer :001_rolleyes:

IMG_4750_zpshhmr5pqq.jpg

So out with the hair-dryer to soften the decal up, move door seal out of the way and get to work.

First one came off really easily - and in some big chunks. Maybe this isnt so bad after all i thought. Cleaned up the residue with Autoglym Tar remover and the job was indeed a good one:

IMG_4751_zpsenrc5eur.jpg

As it was dry i then masked the area off, polished with Autoglym SRP and then gave the pillar two coats of Dodo-Juice Supernatural hybrid waiting 1/2 hour to dry before buffing, and 1/2 hour between coats.

IMG_4754_zpsotfwqzvv.jpg

The other side turned out to be a bitch, Ended up picking with my nails, getting tiny bits off at a time and i reckon it took over an hour and the mess was everywhere....inside and out !!!

IMG_4753_zpsutvbfzzv.jpg

Once done; i again polished the pillar with SRP, and gave two coats of DodoJuice Supernatural Hybrid.

I then set about getting the car clean. Again !!! I've just snow-foamed and rinsed and here she is:

IMG_4755_zpsojg1w9i7.jpg

Something ive been meaning to do for ages, and although it took long enough and the change isnt huge - im glad its done now. If you fancy it - dont be an idiot like me, and do it BEFORE you clean the old girl !!!

Now going to dry and finish ready for Re-Mapping in the morning...............

a heat gun would be a good help..did mine with it and it was a piece of cake..looks good..have a good time in Leeds tmr..and dont forget to post your results..

a heat gun would be a good help..did mine with it and it was a piece of cake..looks good..have a good time in Leeds tmr..and dont forget to post your results..

I have got a heat-gun Pav. Chose caution over "bull-in-a-china-shop" for a change" ! Extra heat would have made no difference anyway. The thing was just breaking up and had seen more than its fair share of UV over the years i reckon.

Got problems if i do have a good time in Leeds tomorrow. Cause i'm due in Colchester @ 9.00am :lol: :rofl::biggrin:

Thanks for the thought though :thumbup: Will get some vids / pics of course.

You'll probably find little bits of glue everywhere for a few weeks like I did :tongueout:

Snow-foamed again afterwards and got in all the nooks and crannies with a detailing brush. And washed afterwards for good measure. Theres a few tiny bits about but fingers crossed i got rid of 99% of them...........

You've done a great job there!! [emoji1303] Begs the question, why did they bother doing putting it on there in the first instance? What was the nick of the paintwork like when you removed it?

Last edited:
You've done a great job there!! [emoji1303] Begs the question, why did they bother doing putting it on there in the first instance? What was the nick of the paintwork like when you removed it?

Paintwork was awesome mate. Unsurprisingly they obviously do a "proper" paintjob on the whole door - then add the trim after.

You could have literally just cleaned off the residue and waxed it. I did give a little polish, but there was really no need as its seen no abuse of any sort since new has it................

Has yours not got this trim ?

yeah the paint underneath it is spot on..well it was before Pav started messing with it :-p

yeah the paint underneath it is spot on..well it was before Pav started messing with it :-p

Haha - you remind me of me !! Sometimes i amaze myself with my ingenuity. The next i'm dumbfounded by my stupidity.

Luckily today was a "Type 1" day.....

It does indeed and you've inspired me having seen the result!! Mine isn't looking too bad but I think I prefer the look without it.

I'd have been inclined to polish it too regardless. I always prefer sealing paintwork after a polish and that's pitiably the first time that that section has ever seen either I should imagine. Really great stuff there mate.