Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Lets go back a few days.

Eibach lowering Springs arrived and i put them in the living room. Wife saw and said "MORE car bits" ! (She dont care a monkeys really).

"Yea" i said jokingly......."I felt my springs are about to snap - so i'm getting some now to prevent a break-down in future" :smile:

She just laughed.....

Anyway....onto Eibach Spring and spacer fitting today and i pop over to garage mid-morning to check on progress, see if top mounts etc were all ok and if the springs actually fitted !

"All fine" and i've done one side front and rear he says. "Just one thing though - look at this".....and shows me a broken front spring. Seems doing these now was actually a good idea after all :smile: God knows how long its been like it. I hadnt noticed a thing !!!

I did measure arch gap this morning pre-fitting....but havn't measured tonight as it was too dark etc. But if these gave a 15/20mm drop - then im a China-man. Looks way more than what they were supposed to be - but in a good way thankfully.

Im really happy with the drop, the ride and the stance:

Before:

P1030904_zpsaohcmtrt.jpg

P1030908_zpsjrofdcdg.jpg

Rubbish garage pics now:

IMG_5622_zpscftrbk6s.jpg

IMG_5621_zpsballukzc.jpg

That is a very nice drop Shuv! Looks fantastic! Bonus if it'slower than expected as well! Have you had much of a drive in it...any comparisons in ride etc??

Reactions: sevenfourate
That is a very nice drop Shuv! Looks fantastic! Bonus if it'slower than expected as well! Have you had much of a drive in it...any comparisons in ride etc??

Cheers pal !!! :smile:

8 miles home that's all on my normal route. Ride quality is extremely similar. Very hard to notice any difference tbh.

Through a few bumps and potholes - felt exactly the same.......which i was really chuffed with as what i never wanted was to go so hard it became a teeth-rattler / bone-shaker.

And it may have stayed a little flatter through the slower corners when pushing just a bit. Which is good.

So yea.....my research kinda worked / its kinda what i planned for, wanted and imagined.

Apart from: I think its way more than a 15/20mm drop !

That looks a million times better. The one thing which I always hated about my standard suspension was the comedy 4x4 ride height, which is a shame as the standard stuff really is excellent handling-wise. That looks great, looks really purposeful without looking like it'll break your spine over the tiniest of bumps.

That looks a million times better. The one thing which I always hated about my standard suspension was the comedy 4x4 ride height, which is a shame as the standard stuff really is excellent handling-wise. That looks great, looks really purposeful without looking like it'll break your spine over the tiniest of bumps.

Thankyou.

I'd agree with everything you say word for word ! Spoken from experience no doubt.........

Brilliant! Was thinking about this today.
When I saw the pictures a little bit of wee came out!
I think Eibach just lie, you probably had the same reaction as I did once you saw it.
Good job, and rear spacer fitting looks a great solution. Will be intrigued to hear how you find overall handling with spacers fitted now.

No bang-on mate. Really glad i went this route.

More mechanical sympathy....and a cheaper way of going about it....if your happy with only 20mm widening.

Have i just been a guinea-pig. Again :smile:

All good things come to those that wait...( and those that get to see what it looks like on someone else's car first):tonguewink:

Brilliant! Was thinking about this today.
When I saw the pictures a little bit of wee came out!
I think Eibach just lie, you probably had the same reaction as I did once you saw it.
Good job, and rear spacer fitting looks a great solution. Will be intrigued to hear how you find overall handling with spacers fitted now.

Ha ha on them lying !

Springs normally settle-in don't they ? I'm going to leave a while before i measure again - but just look at the pics. No way is that a 15/20mm drop.

And yea - i walked towards it at the garage expecting to hardly be able to notice the difference. I caught a glimpse of the front first. And i was shocked tbh.

Ha ha on them lying !

Springs normally settle-in don't they ? I'm going to leave a while before i measure again - but just look at the pics. No way is that a 15/20mm drop.

And yea - i walked towards it at the garage expecting to hardly be able to notice the difference. I caught a glimpse of the front first. And i was shocked tbh.

Apparently they do, but I didn't actually notice any difference from day one. I shouldn't think it would drop any further, which once again could be an Eibach quirk...
Just make sure you have a low level jack now! It will easily tripod more than a standard Cup chassis.
Also 'LOL' at the porkie pie you told your wife. Perhaps the car just wanted your back covered :wink:

So lucky really,aren't ya?must have been your sixth sense telling you to get new springs..
Glad you find the ride quality perfect..they are a good compromise between standard and colies...
Enjoy your lovely looking car Shuv