Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Love the attention to detail in the cleaning Shuv! Car looks immaculate as ever!

How long did all that take you out of curiosity?

Yep, definitely the attention to detail that make this car one of the nicest on the forum :tonguewink: This would be an impressive level of cleaning on a car that was even 20% dirtier than yours Shuv! As my neighbour likes to say, 'You'll polish that away' :smiley:
Good on you mate, the effort you put into it really shows.

Too kind Jimmy ! Merry Christmas buddy........

Lovely Secret Santa present Shuv, you obviously work with some good folks :smile: Wish I could say the same...

Suitably "chuffed" i was. Yep 'work' isnt too bad........Festive Greetings Simon.
I think Syer may have a problem:french:
Great as always..you put us all in shame.think mine was cleaned 2 weeks ago and now its parked on my drive feeling sorry for herself while im in Czech with my mum and dad...
Keep it up.how do you find your new suspension set up?

Thanks Pav. Merry Xmas to you and yours.....have a great time away with family :smile:

***Springs are ok. Ride is a little harder, but not bone-crunching. Handling seems good so far. Not revolutionary; but certainly a little flatter through the corners [Remember - mine isnt a Cup...so was on the softer springs etc as standard].

Love the attention to detail in the cleaning Shuv! Car looks immaculate as ever!

How long did all that take you out of curiosity?

4.5 hours taking it easy for just the outside. (Wheels must have taken 2 hours alone).

I'll attack under the bonnet and the inside in due course.

Enjoy yours Hols Dale. All the best....

You're definitely going to have to do a little write up of how you attack under the bonnet, mines absolutely filthy!

Enjoy your holidays too matey :smiley:

Unbelievable effort in getting your car clean Shuv. Attention to detail is amazing. No wonder it looks so good:grinning:

Have a good Christmas mate and will hopefully bump into you again soon

Good effort! Any idea what size the screw is to hold that bracket down Shuv?

Mines sheared off and needs drilling out:censored:

Reactions: Dystant
Surprised the mrs let you get away with that one lol!

Dont ask Chris - just do !! Works for me :smile:

Never ever 'easy' this modifying lark is it. Even with so-called simple tasks. But at least the Postman is reliable :smile:

Even small wheel spacers on the front required longer bolts. And because 'most' new bolts i could find were 17mm head - not the standard 19mm; i ended up buying a complete set to keep all 4 wheels the same (Ordered Standard length rears as my stub axle spacers meant these were still fine: long with a 8mm longer set for the fronts) And 20 new 17mm plastic caps:

IMG_5693%20-%20Copy_zpswpn4yror.jpg

So i've got the spacers, got them fitted, the longer bolts have now arrived this morning, its a lovely day and 'im good to go. Er.......until i look in my toolbox and realise i've got every bloody tool known to man: APART FROM a decent 17mm wheel socket. Doh ! So down to Halfords i go..........

IMG_5694%20-%20Copy_zpsovoai9uc.jpg

Old bolts coming out [Just reflections on my wheel so hold your horses ! ]:

IMG_5695%20-%20Copy_zps7ibsiga3.jpg

New bolts going in with Copper-slip applied:

IMG_5698_zps75u5agdm.jpg

IMG_5696%20-%20Copy_zpsqy5tnzos.jpg

And finally: torqued-up and new caps fitted:

IMG_5697%20-%20Copy_zpsuitekbad.jpg

Fingers crossed for some slightly warmer weather tomorrow or later in the week. Then i can paint the odd bit on the new front brake hubs the wheel doesn't cover and that i didnt allow for........:confused:

:smile:

Reactions: Dystant
Today's 'sunshine' brought another opportunity to right something that's bugged me the last few weeks....

ie: The lip on the brake hub mounting face that i thought the front wheel would cover but didn't:

1_zps2si9rrby.jpg

So some satin paint was purchased - as this would fit in with the finish of the front spacers and having used this exact paint before i knew it would go on thinly and evenly giving a good mating surface:

2_zpsmwn13hb7.jpg

And off i went:

3_zpsgqs8ywvl.jpg

4_zpsxzqgoswu.jpg

5_zpsiqbq5n68.jpg

6_zpso36p9eag.jpg

7_zps6i35b6al.jpg

8_zpsdqmnuneb.jpg

:smile:

Attention to detail Shuv.

You could eat off them alloys! (Pic 1)

How come the copper slip on the back of alloy? Worried about sticking to spacer?

Reactions: sevenfourate
Lovely, Shuv! Those wheels are mega clean, that car gets some serious pampering!

Cheers Jimmy / matt9566 / Big Ben.....

As i've said before - i love tinkering and i love being outside in the fresh air. I can spend hours achieving 'very little' as such.....

Reactions: Jimmy
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on having the spacers fitted now we're all back to the daily grind!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on having the spacers fitted now we're all back to the daily grind!

Morning !

When I'm forced to go back I'll let you know buddy :smile:

But yes. Not driven at all in earnest yet 'as is'.

Thing is too - I'm going to be trying spacers and springs together. I.e.: Two changes at once.

Will pass on thoughts in due course...

Reactions: Micah