Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

That would be a GREAT way to roll past 100 pages!

Lets see if my timing is that good Mes !!

Sprayer came up trumps. Not 200% sure i've done the right thing now. ! Didn't realise Black was going to be as er.....dark and black as this :smile: ***(Note best use of work meeting-room table ever.)

Booked in Thursday morning for fitting. We'll know shortly afterwards how the land lie's......

36381224096_22c8bb97bc_b.jpg

36381223026_d2f06483c4_b.jpg

36381222246_ba3f4c3c50_b.jpg

Made a lovely job of them too; my man. With a bit of sanding and some self levelling primer - he's managed to all but get rid of the standard Renault Orange-peel effect:

35591614544_e7cb9d5005_b.jpg

Seats: Have been 'begun'. What that means right now i don't exactly know. But its better than being in a 3 month queue like i once was :smile:

But never that simple is it: and he's now got to squeeze in a Lotus headlining that was part of a bigger job he couldn't complete for some reason - and then he's absolutely all mine. No pics via text yet. But seeing as a trimmer cant genetically even answer a phone normally (Eh @Gordini ) ,the chances of getting a multimedia message on time and as requested are pretty slim.

Reactions: Shane_R27 and ///M
Boot button has been acting weird for a little while and not working at times unless you pressed it multiple times / just in the right place ! So i've just bought another :shuv:

Easy to fit or not. Anyone give me a clue of the process ?

Does this come out from the outside...or is it a plastic boot lining out job: and attack from the inside ?

Cheers.

36293090071_e2d7168b7c_b.jpg

35594894254_ce7f9639fb_b.jpg

Edit: Got it !

Reactions: Big Ben
Side list/bullets are not difficult to remove/refit. Just DIY.
When i had my 197 left side resprayed i saw just easy those are remove. 1 screw off at end of the door (near lock mechanism) and also side repeater off. Then just slide towards rear wheel.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Side list/bullets are not difficult to remove/refit. Just DIY.
When i had my 197 left side resprayed i saw just easy those are remove. 1 screw off at end of the door (near lock mechanism) and also side repeater off. Then just slide towards rear wheel.

I looked briefly in the 'How to's' here @Antti ages ago - but the pics aren't working - and I hate the thought of old, fragile plastic clips :-(

I know about taking out the retaining screw out first and sliding the strip back.

1. Do the side repeater lenses come off with the strip itself....or need removing first ? ***Must come off first or presumably it will break the bulb itself when sliding the strip back (?).

2. Sane thing with the RenaultSport badges. Do these slide off / back after indicator lense removal and it's got space to do so ?

3. From the clips in the back - I presume the smaller rear 1/4 panel trim parts simply 'clip' / unpull on and off ?

Cheers (Anyone !).

I try to answer with my bad english

1.First remove side repeater lens, pry _carefully_ with screwdriver or plastic trim removal tool would be good. 12 or 6 o clock place for tool..
2. Remove screw under rubber plug end of the door near lock mechanism.
3. Slide list in rear wheel direction, you can feel when it is moving easily.. should be easy to slide.

My parts were removed by professional renault bodyshop mechanic, but what i saw it was _Really_ easy job as far you know how to remove parts.
Renaultsport logos (brushed aluminium parts) were glued in my lists.. so dont need to remove those separately before sliding lists..

Rear portion of list (which you have front of rear wheels) were held with 2-3 push fixings. Carefully pull list away from car with plastic trim removal tool. This is how i remember it was.

Here is one pic, you can see that short part of list and how fixings are designed.

medium.jpg

Reactions: sevenfourate
Thanks very much @Antti. Your 'bad' English is likely better than mine :smile:

I've ordered :shuv: a set of trim removal tools today - and am 100% tackling it myself now.

Beers are on me (If i manage it with no issues) with the money i'll save !

Plus i'l know its been done 100%....if nothing else :smile:

Thanks my friend.

Reactions: Johnny 99 and Pav