Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

1./ Gearbox oil weep has eventually been sorted today i 'think' after noticing the smallest drip on the garage floor 'days and days' after having fluid changed.

***Acne infested teenage trainee first admitted he'd spilt some fluid on gearbox/oil change. Kept an eye on it. Had another drip a few days later.

Went back in and they thought it was residue still in the undertray, so inspected, cleaned up and handed car back to me.

Many more days pass - had a drop on the floor this past Monday

So back in its gone today and during some stage of the above: the rubber seal on the plug has been nipped / torn / split. So today thats been renewed. A lot of palava for a simple issue - and one borne of an inexperienced worker being left to his own devices. Garage owner apologised - said it will not happen again - and he will check ALL his work personally from now on. And of course i've been charged nothing for all the further checks etc. Spot on; as that's just my favourite price ever :smile:

And at least my car had someone to chat too while it was there waiting some love and attention:

36167338452_b9394bff50_b.jpg

2./ These arrived today and have gone to the sprayers this afternoon; to be turned 'London Taxi Black' :think:......

36199361251_083d581d5c_b.jpg

3./ These are definitely - 200% sure (Yes - i know i've said this here before) being started this coming Monday and once combined with a large piece of cow-hide; should provide a slightly nicer place to perch ones butt:

35646847225_17357c93f4_b.jpg

Open to suggestions of 'what to tackle next' after the above are out of my ever-thinning hair........ :shuv:

Cheers for stopping in :smile:

Nitrous conversion so that you can smash Chris's 5.80s 0-60

RS monitor would look cool. Doubt it's been done in a mk3 lol

I've done the NOS thing before Ben. RS monitor might be cool though. Sorting the electronics myself to any degree would give me the creeps. I like stuff i can touch, see and feel.......

Either:

Full engine rebuild with forged components, including ITB's

Or

Megane conversion.

:smiley: :shuv:

(pleased to see the new emote is coming in handy)

ITB's would sound immense !! And be a bit more individual that the ever-popular Meg conversion for sure.....

I've done the NOS thing before Ben. RS monitor might be cool though. Sorting the electronics myself to any degree would give me the creeps. I like stuff i can touch, see and feel.......

ITB's would sound immense !! And be a bit more individual that the ever-popular Meg conversion for sure.....

Is that a maybe :wink:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Is that a maybe :wink:

'Maybe' is about right buddy..

I'm probably more than happy where the car is now in terms of what i want. And always wanted. "Mild" from the outside. Freshened interior. Fuelling properly with a bit more noise; and personalise all touch-points (Seats, steering wheel, pedals, gear-knob).

I think it's more likely the 200 becomes a garage queen than anything else. I'm still hankering after a road-legal track car. Gonna let it fester until im very sure.

'Maybe' is about right buddy..

I'm probably more than happy where the car is now in terms of what i want. And always wanted. "Mild" from the outside. Freshened interior. Fuelling properly with a bit more noise; and personalise all touch-points (Seats, steering wheel, pedals, gear-knob).

I think it's more likely the 200 becomes a garage queen than anything else. I'm still hankering after a road-legal track car. Gonna let it fester until im very sure.

if your happy then leave it mate, and when you get the itch the project is there to do :smiley:

I think orange cruise control switches would look banging on your steeringwheel!

Nice update, Shuv, very pleased to hear the leak got sorted out in the end. Small things can cause such a lot of hassle!
You must be itching to get hold of those seats, it's been ages hasn't it! It's like The Saga of the Wheel Refurb - hopefully a few years less than that though :wink:

Good update as ever mate. Glad to see the problem is finally sorted. Joke that they put an idiot on your car though. But hey, they've pulled their finger out in the end.

Also glad to see there is finally some light at the end of the tunnel with the seats.

As for what next, gloss black splitter and side skirts would be what I'd do if it was me, think it would look outstanding. There are some nice splitter options for you 200 guys.

While i ponder - i back-tracked and re-did my B-pillars tonight after work.

The gloss looked great initially. No.....better than great ! But the wrap seemed seriously soft, and after literally just touching the damned stuff - it swirled, marked and looked rank in the sunshine. So satin Carbon fibre it is then. I hate fake Carbon with a passion. But the colour, tone and texture means my anal self shouldnt be able to notice any marks down the line now.......

36185589892_108792aa9f_b.jpg

Like many im guessing - the plastic clips in the lower window strip that pushed into the B-pillars were broken. £50 for a new set. A set that will have the same crappy plastic clip. And i suspect a very shiny new set - where the 'colour' wont now match the 6+ year old window rubbers.

So tonight also gave me a chance to completely remove that strip, clean everywhere up thoroughly on the back of the strip and the door pillar itself ; and then with the help of some seriously sticky 1mm foam trim-tape get the damned strip sitting better than its ever done on both sides. Happy with this:

35546002233_88f1cd4b65_b.jpg

I also had one small issue with one of the windows when fitting all the trim back. And managed to get it into a semi-jam situation ! The car seemed to realise what was happening and automatically retracted the window; even though i was still holding the button to go up.

Issue was easily sorted: But upon leaving work i found this on the screen: (Which may well have been related to the car having an electrical "hissy fit")

35957524180_4057d404a4_b.jpg

I'm guessing the car takes temp readings every 10 or 15 seconds, because slowly over my 8 mile journey it ticked back and sorted itself out. And then sat at a steady 20 degrees for age until i arrived home. Fingers crossed it was just a 'blip'....

Reactions: Pav
Nice update, Shuv, very pleased to hear the leak got sorted out in the end. Small things can cause such a lot of hassle!
You must be itching to get hold of those seats, it's been ages hasn't it! It's like The Saga of the Wheel Refurb - hopefully a few years less than that though :wink:

Seats have been a roller-coaster Jimmy.

Never ever wanted Recaros for trim issues. Then had a 'PING' moment - in thinking Leather....

Had to pay what i considered 'lots' for a fairly battered set, but the long-term plan was the goal. I was then genuinely excited !

The the Logo turned into a whole sage itself; a holiday whiled away some time and they were at the back of mind. Maybe subconsciously so.

Now i'd just like to get them in - although sitting here the novelty has worn off some. I'm a here and now guy. Not a 3 months later kinda dude.

Hopefully completion will tickle the taste buds again :smile:

Good update as ever mate. Glad to see the problem is finally sorted. Joke that they put an idiot on your car though. But hey, they've pulled their finger out in the end.

Also glad to see there is finally some light at the end of the tunnel with the seats.

As for what next, gloss black splitter and side skirts would be what I'd do if it was me, think it would look outstanding. There are some nice splitter options for you 200 guys.

Tremendous work and ideas Mes. Thankyou. You've showed us before that you are truly excellent at spending your own money. And today you've reconfirmed you're even better at spunking other peoples....:sunglasses:

Splitter and skirts you say my friend. Need @Sean197 to dig into his chasm-like archive i think......

Quite a round trip to the artic shuv!

Pillars looks great mate, no putting up with anything inferior in the shuv household!

Its not my perfect choice looks wise. But ideal long-term if you see my point....

I laughed my head off when i saw -28 initially ! At that point i was sweating and had the air-con on !

good job..i really like it Syer..not everyones taste but it does look great,and have to say that once done by you,the finish is spot on...