Shuv's 'triple-whammy' car nightmare......

It's a shame that the court case didn't go ahead, however as you say there's a good chance they can get him with even more. Sounds like he's a proper scumbag who deserves the full weight of the courts!

It must be frustrating that you still have to wait for an answer - hopefully the liaison officer will fill you in tomorrow. keep us posted buddy.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Sorry to hear this scum bag is still out but sounds like there is some promising news on the horizon. Lets hope they really nail the tosser for everything and throw the book at him.

Sounds like this waste of space has put you through a lot. Hopefully it'll all be resolved mate and he can rot for what's he's done!

I genuinely don't know how your staying level headed just reading this angers me! hopefully the courts are scheming a little something but either way you should persue your case and then.... an eye for an eye?

I genuinely don't know how your staying level headed just reading this angers me! hopefully the courts are scheming a little something but either way you should persue your case and then.... an eye for an eye?

I have no choice my friend.

In short - He's had a pop at my boy (Nothing too serious), attacked a woman, threatened a 70 (?) year old man with a baseball bat and caused damage to cars after dark. We can see from that he's no 'man's-man'. In nearly 3 years i have only confronted him once when he started to cause a scene right outside my house - in an act of self-defence as i saw it - and he had nothing to say for himself. Im 6'3 and nearly 16 stone (However i'm no fighter / hater or the aggressive sort). He towers over me physically but he came back with nothing.

At the end of the day his retorts are the act of a pathetic man. His relationship broke down and thats unfortunate - and in some ways i feel sorry for him / anyone in that situation where kids are involved. However: Me and my family are strong, as is my sons and his ex-wifes relationship. Nothing he can ever do will ever break that.

And any trouble he has gotten himself in has been 100% caused solely by his own actions.

Shame the court didn't go ahead, a bit weird how they had no records but as you say this will hopefully panic him even more with the anticipation of what is going to happen.

Would be nice for you to put all this behind you as soon as possible though wouldn't it.

My man did go for sentencing yesterday - and the reason it didnt show up on the Crown Court system....was he was sent to Magistrates Court in the end (Not a good start).

Still all a little 3rd party as i'm awaiting a letter about the finer details and need to speak to someone who's now off until Monday- but as far as i can tell he got:

£650 Court Costs
£60 "Community fine" (?)

Assault:

150 hours community service
20 days 'Signing in" (?)

3 x criminal damage

£250 compensation each.
1 year contact / come nowhere near us or our house / road etc injunction

Mega. No doubt he's plead poverty and will pay me £5 a week. Even if i get it all in one lump - i can hardly decide what to do with it all......NOT.

Last edited:
£250 compensation? Thats got to be some sort of cruel joke?

Initial Magistrates at the trial in my home town had the 3 damage quotes he was found guilty of in-front of them and asked about the damage, the costs (Mine alone was £2600 and something for example) and about my car etc etc whilst waving the quotation from the body-shop at me.

So where £250 comes from i'm not sure. Maybe they have some random amounts in envelopes and choose your compensation blind-folded - a-la "Pin the tail on the Donkey" game ........?

It just baffles me does the 'sentencing' these days - where on earth is the deterrent for these scumbags?? The justice system a lot of the time is a complete and utter joke. As a victim of crime, how is someone supposed to feel when the criminal gets away with essentially a slap on the wrist??

My brother's brother in law got 9 months jail for death by careless driving.
Customer on one of my rounds got 18 months for having a stash of counterfeit £20 notes... Seriously??

Apart from the insult with the compensation are you personally happy with the result? and I'm shocked there is no injunction in place

Apart from the insult with the compensation are you personally happy with the result? and I'm shocked there is no injunction in place

Sorry - injunction was carried for a year. (Will now update above post)

And no: im disgusted Matty. Looks like im going to have to pursue it myself now.........

Similar Thread Suggestions