Supporting Shuv!

Shuv from the 197net Family you are a lovely gentleman and very much appreciated member on here so you and Mrs Shuv have a fantastic time away.If you need a chauffeur when your down south iam happy to help enjoy nutnutwelshman

Shuv from the 197net Family you are a lovely gentleman and very much appreciated member on here so you and Mrs Shuv have a fantastic time away.If you need a chauffeur when your down south i am happy to help enjoy nutnutwelshman

I still blown-away by and trying to come to terms with all this guys....

Its about the most amazing thing i've ever known happen. Truthfully. Quite literally breath-taking.

I know quite a few of you 'personally'....but havn't had the pleasure of the company of many of you guys yet. So for you all to feel this way enough to support my Nan and give me and the wife a pick-me-up is just unreal. Just shows what a thoughtful and strong community we have and im supremely proud to be here. And this from a bunch of dudes too.....

The hotel looks amazing and what a brilliant venue. So looking forward to that; and my wife Jane's eyes lit-up when i told her. She will love the gym etc. She's a gym-freak already and will use the facilities to the full. Me....i'll be in my element too. Dont you worry about that :smile:

The helmet is really cool, i have quite a few motorsport / motorcycling / (Rossi especially) prints on the stairway / landing and im going to get a display cabinet and put it there on display with my other Rossi bits and pieces. Never really knew these existed - and i think its uber cool; and will of course always be 'extra special' in my mind. I'll of course take pics when i have it mounted in place.

And i've contacted Gordini about the flowers and asked that he gets a note on them simply saying 'To Eve (My Nans name to her friends and short for Evelyn) From Shuv's friends' or similar. I'd really appreciate that as a gesture and it would just show we are all thinking of her.

And Kev (Thankyou for the call today BTW buddy). Infact any and everyone here:

If myself and my wife book up for say a Saturday night. Hows about anyone local comes in - or we'll meet somewhere for a drink if your able ? Would be only right to have a little social....... ??

A HUGE thanks to (And not limited to i'm sure - but this is who's listed):

@Siliconsteve
@LOCKE
@skippy93
@Greg0986
@matt9566
@Pav
@///M
@Dystant
@Beany
@Johnny 99
@Antti O
@Big Ben
@Chris
@nutnutwelshman
@Jimmy
@DS197
@Sean197
@Gordini
@Micah
@Juk3sy
@peter

I'm eternally grateful......

It's just nice to do something for you mate. You're such a good guy and so helpful to all on the site, it was nice to realise you're exactly the same in person. This is the reason people were so happy to do something for you!

Glad you were so surprised about it :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy and Gordini
It's just nice to do something for you mate. You're such a good guy and so helpful to all on the site, it was nice to realise you're exactly the same in person. This is the reason people were so happy to do something for you!

Glad you were so surprised about it :smile:

Tell you what Chris....

Like many of us - i'm on here quite a bit :smile: Even if i've not commented on a thread and cant add much positive not already said before; its likely i've read it and know whats going on.

So dinnertime arrives and i flick my phone on. Log-in and i catch a glimpse of a thread with my name in it - i just immediately lock-in and see the word "Shuv". WTF goes through my mind ?

I didnt really catch the title and i was trying to work out what was happening. Then i saw the topic was like 11 pages long. How the hell have i missed this i thought ? For a couple of seconds i really couldn't work out what the hell was going on !

Then i started to read it, had a few messages, a text, Kev rang me up and lets just say dinner dragged on longer than normal :smile:

Seriously though - and as much as i do sometimes exaggerate to extend a story.; the whole episode is completely heart-warming. Really. Truthfully.

I'm really glad you're so taken back by this Shuv, as already mentioned (multiple times) you're such a nice/helpful guy on here and during this sad time it's the least all of us could do for you to show our support :smile:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Hi guys, sorry I've been a bit elusive today but it's always a tough day when it's the Budget. In the end it was a relatively early one thankfully.

It's been so nice to read all the incredible posts and even more so Shuv's, nothing less than I would have expected. I'm still amazed by the reaction, having just contacted Chris to say let's have Shuv's mates chip-in for some flowers :smile: Moral of this is I must start aiming higher I guess :wink:

Update on everything is the hotel vouchers have been emailed to Shuv. I've never used Groupon before so thanks guys for introducing me to it. I guess you know what to do now with booking things Shuv :smile:

Sorry to now bring up the the issue of money (I know itt can be vulgar to talk about :wink: ) but I need to be transparent with what we've collected and spent. We had £195.53, less £109 leaves £86.53. The Rossi helmet is on its way from GrandPrix Legends and was £54.98 delivered so that leaves £31.55 which I will use toward the flowers. I'm sure we can get some nice ones for that and I'll make up any difference. Shuv will let me know what day to have these delivered so we can honour Eve.

As regards the MB World visit and Brooklands stay, I purposely didn't mention that I live a mere 15 mins away :smile: Don't want to play gooseberry but if your offer still stands...

@sevenfourate

Shuv, mate, what a great reply. We all knew it would be worth it, but seeing how it's all turned out is well... just bloody awesome.

Buzzing for ya mate.

And trust me, that hotel is excellent.

Ask for a room looking out onto the track. They might pretend they don't have one but push a bit and give them a bit of a story and they should be able to hook you up. Pretty cool looking out of the window and watching the cars getting spanked.

Please don't miss Brooklands, it's a really special experience. Also between the hotel and Brooklands Museum, at the back of the car park to the left is a gate to get on the circuit. If there's no one there just wander on. Even if there is someone there, they'll probably let you on to take pics. Before you do that, get a video of them racing there back in the day lined up on your phone. Then while you're standing on the banking, watch the video. Really helps you feel the history of the place. If you're really lucky, they may let you take your car on for a photo.

Also, we've had some really really nice nights in the hotel restaurant. Would definitely advise it. Good wine list too. Oh and if you park your car in the right position, you can look at it while eating. Ask me how I know... Sad, but I'm ok with it. :smiley:

And, no matter what the weather, tough it out and get in the hot tub on the roof. Obviously with a glass of bubbles on the side. Superb way to finish a night.

You guys will enjoy it I promise.

Hi guys, sorry I've been a bit elusive today but it's always a tough day when it's the Budget. In the end it was a relatively early one thankfully.

It's been so nice to read all the incredible posts and even more so Shuv's, nothing less than I would have expected. I'm still amazed by the reaction, having just contacted Chris to say let's have Shuv's mates chip-in for some flowers :smile: Moral of this is I must start aiming higher I guess :wink:

Update on everything is the hotel vouchers have been emailed to Shuv. I've never used Groupon before so thanks guys for introducing me to it. I guess you know what to do now with booking things Shuv :smile:

Sorry to now bring up the the issue of money (I know itt can be vulgar to talk about :wink: ) but I need to be transparent with what we've collected and spent. We had £195.53, less £109 leaves £86.53. The Rossi helmet is on its way from GrandPrix Legends and was £54.98 delivered so that leaves £31.55 which I will use toward the flowers. I'm sure we can get some nice ones for that and I'll make up any difference. Shuv will let me know what day to have these delivered so we can honour Eve.

As regards the MB World visit and Brooklands stay, I purposely didn't mention that I live a mere 15 mins away :smile: Don't want to play gooseberry but if your offer still stands...

Would be a pleasure and an honour my friend.

Infact now you've told me your 'just around the corner' i shall have a drink ready for you and your expected.

No need to play gooseberry. Bring your other half ? My wifes as easy going as me. More the merrier....whatever goes....all welcome :smile:

Would be a pleasure and an honour my friend.

Infact now you've told me your 'just around the corner' i shall have a drink ready for you and your expected.

No need to play gooseberry. Bring your other half ? My wifes as easy going as me. More the merrier....whatever goes....all welcome :smile:
Will hold you to that mate :smile: Hope some other locals can make it too :smile:

@sevenfourate

Shuv, mate, what a great reply. We all knew it would be worth it, but seeing how it's all turned out is well... just bloody awesome.

Buzzing for ya mate.

And trust me, that hotel is excellent.

Ask for a room looking out onto the track. They might pretend they don't have one but push a bit and give them a bit of a story and they should be able to hook you up. Pretty cool looking out of the window and watching the cars getting spanked.

Please don't miss Brooklands, it's a really special experience. Also between the hotel and Brooklands Museum, at the back of the car park to the left is a gate to get on the circuit. If there's no one there just wander on. Even if there is someone there, they'll probably let you on to take pics. Before you do that, get a video of them racing there back in the day lined up on your phone. Then while you're standing on the banking, watch the video. Really helps you feel the history of the place. If you're really lucky, they may let you take your car on for a photo.

Also, we've had some really really nice nights in the hotel restaurant. Would definitely advise it. Good wine list too. Oh and if you park your car in the right position, you can look at it while eating. Ask me how I know... Sad, but I'm ok with it. :smiley:

And, no matter what the weather, tough it out and get in the hot tub on the roof. Obviously with a glass of bubbles on the side. Superb way to finish a night.

You guys will enjoy it I promise.

Thankyou Mes for the support, your input on the thread and now the ideas on how to best to enjoy it ! The reviews on Trip Advisor are excellent i must say. Super-swanky. I can soon lower the tone in there no problem :smile:

Vids on your phone while standing on the banking sounds a brilliant idea. Guess you lot are going to want loads of pics too.....

Reactions: ///M and Gordini