what to do?

I like the white on white combo but i also like the black on white combo, so mate just ask for the cash as stated many times above ^ Just keep us updated mate.

Black on white is better.
Toomey Renault Southend are rubbish. Phoned service department 3 times in 2 weeks and they said they phone back. No calls at all. Great service. Surprised they didnt try to palm a mondeo off on you instead?!

...personally I would reject the car and go somewhere else because they are being so stuborn...however, I've been thinking about changing to white wheels...I've got very recent tyres (less than 500 miles) on all four of my black wheels...they are as new....if you fancy a swap deal...let me know by pm!!?

I'd tell them to poke it personally.

They ordered the wrong wheels. They should give you something as an apology, or money to have them powdercoated.

Would also hit them with a complaint. That $hit about not being able to just fit black speedlines is bs. They can order the and fit them.

White wheels look gash tbh.

the car looks much better with black wheels. its time and effort to get them done, i wouldnt accept something that i paid that much for if i wasnt happy with it. anything you have doubts about you shouldnt do...

your the buyer at the end of the day, and your the one in control. all you need to do is look at the results of this thred about 85% of us dont like the white, so they wont sell it that easy with the white on. probs not for the same money your paying. tell them to sort it or leave it. there are plenty around now in dealers ready to go. doubt you would have to wait months for anouther.
plus tis worth the wait for something you really want

thanks for all the comments..
i just took the gf round to look at it and she thought it don't look as good!

i think what i will do is ring RUK tomorrow and see what that say.. i got such a good deal on the 200 and don't wanna loose that deal by telling them to stick it but i dont think i will ever be that happy with the white wheels evan though i do like them now

then go down there and say i dont want the car unless its got the black ones like i ordered and if they say i will have to wait i will reject it..

thanks for all the help with this!

Black on white is better.
Toomey Renault Southend are rubbish. Phoned service department 3 times in 2 weeks and they said they phone back. No calls at all. Great service. Surprised they didnt try to palm a mondeo off on you instead?!

ring toomey renault basildon were much better
:biggrin:

If you are not happy then don’t accept the car, don’t be bullied by them.

Personally I think white on white looks tacky and they are a paint in the ass to clean as well.

I have 3 things to say:

1. Why can't you just put your black speedlines on it? :confused1: (are you swapping cars and they specificly want the blacks you have?)

2.Their behaviour is totally unacceptable but if the deal you have is great,swallow it...don't even try to discuss the matter with them...you'll end up on the losers' side.

3. If i was you,i would be so eager to drive the car that i wouldn't care if the rims were pink :tongue_smilie:

Hope you find the best solution :thumbup:

i said that too them but they wont change over the tyres cos of time and cost of changing 8 tyres and wheels and one is curbed!

they seem to have me over a barrel now cos of the deal i got the car at cost with loads of bits chucked in!!

hahahaha dont think pink rims would look too good!!:'(

i said that too them but they wont change over the tyres cos of time and cost of changing 8 tyres and wheels and one is curbed!

they seem to have me over a barrel now cos of the deal i got the car at cost with loads of bits chucked in!!

hahahaha dont think pink rims would look too good!!:'(

So am i right in thinking they still have the car? you havent collected yet?

Best thing to do now would be to phone up other dealers with the deal you currently have and say they can have a deposit if they'll match it, (theyll bend over backward trust me!) if they dont try another and if its still the same situation then its apparent you have got a one time deal, This Dealer doesnt deserve your hard earned,

As for cars you may find there are still some coming through or in stock at other dealers i know a spec'd white 200 was only sold at my local dealer this morning,

It may be that you got such a good deal that they arnt making much money and the car was simply to make up numbers for a back end bonus last quater in which case they may not shift on the wheels as they could sell the car on for a potentially bigger profit but this its most unlikely,

Stand by your guns or get a quote to hacve them power quoted and tell them to pay it,

DOnt accept it if you dont want it it like going to mc'donalds ordering a mcchiken sanwhich and getting a fillet'o'fish youd take it back and pimp slap the cashier!

Pete

not read thru so may have been said but if it says on your docs that you signed before it was ordered "black speedlines" then thats what they have to provide/sort. Its thier error!

3 months? Why should they have to order a brand new car for the sake of the wheels. That is ludacris! The wheels will be an easily ordered component. Id be demanding the use of the car until the new wheels arrived, and also including a brand new set of tyres.

Regardless of how it looks, you have paid for and signed for a specific specification, that they have failed to deliver.

I would be on to RUK, and possibly Trading Standards if they refuse to rectify their mistake.

As someone else said, refuse to take the car and say you will ordered your properly specced car from someone who is competent.

I think Petes spot on with this, get some other quotes. If you can get it elsewhere tell them to shove it. Or just ring up renault UK and kick off tell them how bad the service has been and that you dont apreciate spending £x on a car to have the dealer screw you over a poxy set of wheels!

Don't accept the car with the white wheels, tell them you want black ones or you'll take your business elsewhere. Im sure they'll soon change their tune. If not, your not at a loss. Im sure you'll be able to get the same deal somewhere else.

yesterday the guy down at toomey offered me the clio 200 cup wheels anthercite ... still not black speedlines!! so i have been on to renault uk and the manager there was not happy about this at all!! he is ringing them to sort it out.. got 10 days till i pick the car up!

yesterday the guy down at toomey offered me the clio 200 cup wheels anthercite ... still not black speedlines!! so i have been on to renault uk and the manager there was not happy about this at all!! he is ringing them to sort it out.. got 10 days till i pick the car up!

Don’t accept anything less than Speedlines!

If he had the balls to own up to the mistake and fix it in the first place you would not of had to escalate it to RUK.

Stick to your guns mate, don’t back down.