what to do?

I plan to stick to my guns now just out of principle of the whole situation!
ManAger from ruk is gonna call me tomoz with the outcome. Can't wait to hear what they say!

I plan to stick to my guns now just out of principle of the whole situation!
ManAger from ruk is gonna call me tomoz with the outcome. Can't wait to hear what they say!

Good man.

Shows them who really is "in charge'.

I am sure a phone call to Renault UK will produce a set of Black wheels in a matter of a few days.

Does not matter about the deal you got, they must have been happy at the time with the price you paid.

ok maybe ordering a whole set of black ones might be too expensive for them, but what if you wanted a 50% discount on the black wheels, I dont imagine they would loose money on it..... then you can sell the white wheels or have them for another set of wheels, trackday wheels or winter tires for next year :wink:

im f****** liivd!!... just got off the phone to RUK and the manager there has spoken to toomey southend and they have said that i was told the car coming in (showroom car ) had white wheels on!!

im going in there for a meeting tomoz with sales man and manager and may evan tell them to stick the car up their ar**!!

this sounds like a good idea any idea how much these wheels are?

ok maybe ordering a whole set of black ones might be too expensive for them, but what if you wanted a 50% discount on the black wheels, I dont imagine they would loose money on it..... then you can sell the white wheels or have them for another set of wheels, trackday wheels or winter tires for next year :wink:

I would tell em to stick it.

RUK must have said some thing to help and not just that.
Did you not ask what they were going to do about it ?

yea.. RUK basically said i have two options now.

1. they will waiver the cost to put my black speedlines on with the new tyres (£100 ) but i have paid 150 quid for new speedlines!! so that is not an option!

2. wait 2 months for a new car to be built with black wheels as extra .. but i told them this at the start that waiting months would not be option because of financial commitments

i just spoke to one of my mates and he said cant they just order 4 black and box white ones up and send them back and say they are wrong colour??

i just spoke to one of my mates and he said cant they just order 4 black and box white ones up and send them back and say they are wrong colour??

From experience of the automotive industry this is due to how they produce and distribute parts.

Some parts are for "line" and others for "stock". Basically the white wheels (although ordered incorrectly) have been alocated to the "line" to be fitted to a car. You cant take them back as the dealer cannot book them back into "stock", this would actually show wrong on Renaults world wide parts database... or something like that :w00t: Someone once explained it all to me, and its very confusing :001_unsure: and assuming Renault work in the same way as other manufacturers :tongueout:

Soooo... they would literally have to "buy" you some new wheels (from stock) and fit them to the car and then hang on to the white ones and hope to sell them. Ofcourse, they will never be back in profit, and if they never sell them they loose profits from replacing your wheels.

So in a nutshell they will loose out financially...

The advice i agree with here is take your sales proposal to a few other Renault dealers and ask if they can better the price, or at least match it like for like.

Then return to the failed dealer and tell them to insert it where the sun doesnt shine through their lack of competence, unless they compensate you and provide the spec you asked for.

2 months wait may suck... but you may end up with something you didnt want, AND you will have that bunch of numbskulls win :thumbup1:

That is ridiculous! Its not like it is a critical part - they are easily swapped with no harm done! Its not as though they have painted the car the wrong colour or that they forgot air-con which would take ages to put right! They cant use the tires as an excuse cos all clios come with the same so its only taking these off and putting new ones on, they arent going to be worn so I really cant see the issue!

How can it be easier to write the order off and sell it (technically second hand, garage owned) that way, rather than swap a set of alloys in 10 mins!!!

I would tell them where to stick it, get on auto trader and buy a low-miles second hand 200 in the right spec and save the money! Funniest thing to do would be tell them to stick it, wait till the dealer puts it on the forcourt at a discount and walk in and buy it!!!

Funniest thing to do would be tell them to stick it, wait till the dealer puts it on the forcourt at a discount and walk in and buy it!!!

ha haha that would be so funny!!

at the end of the day all i want is what i ordered GW clio 200 with recaros and Black speedline wheels and they have failed to do that and trying to pass the blame round on to me by saying i knew they were white but i asked for black!

its just going round in circles!!!

Have you not got your orderform?

Just wave that in their grille and explain "this is what i have signed for"?

Tbh, I'd walk away and see if there are any other dealers with cars in stock to your spec.

ha haha that would be so funny!!

at the end of the day all i want is what i ordered GW clio 200 with recaros and Black speedline wheels and they have failed to do that and trying to pass the blame round on to me by saying i knew they were white but i asked for black!

its just going round in circles!!!

Do you have this on paper mate?

If you do Ruk should be taking better care of you and i would remind them of what you have bought and signed for,

Pete

not being funny but with white wheels that car will look amazing in the summer, i diddn tlike them at first but keep looking at the pic and there a major grower, but then them trying to push blaim onto me would result in me going mental! where bouts do you live there are a few for sale near me with the exact spec you want ready to buy

Essex where are u from? !! Haha they have grown on me and i really like it so I might take the White ones and if I can't live with it I will get them coated I think

Essex where are u from? !! Haha they have grown on me and i really like it so I might take the White ones and if I can't live with it I will get them coated I think

aylsbury... kinda near oxford i guess.

there was a yellow one i test drove ff ready to be bought and theres a few white ones in there at the mo with black speedlines on

Do you have it written down anywhere that you have ordered a 200 with black speedlines, signed by salesman etc?

If so then you can get this sorted so easily as they are in breach of contract. If you don't have it written down anywhere then you are screwed.

Don't pussy out of fighting them just because you want the car asap. You shouldn't have to settle for anything less than what is set in writing in the contract.