clio rs 200 turbo uk spec details

now the spec is known would you buy one?

• yes - i would

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • no - still not convinced

Votes: 74 46.3%
  • still undecided

Votes: 39 24.4%

• Total voters
so I may be being controversial here. Not been on for a while as just before Xmas, my misses decided to put my clio in a ditch and wrote it off. I am currently in a 1.2clio waiting to see what appears in the next few months.

The Kia Pro Ce'ed, ok its slower 0-60, but got 25nm more torque than the clio. 30-90 whats going to be quicker?

Please take the above with a pinch of salt, I love the look of the kia, but having had a RS Clio in the past, would be my first choice. Just not sure on the look of it.

if you spent the last 10 years driving a kia rio than maybe the cee'd is an upgrade... having owned a 197 it would be wiser to spend whatever the price difference is on a used 197 to a new kia on the full rebuilt of the 197 and enjoy it for the 7 years :wink:

If Renault just did what they were supposed to do and rebuild the 200 and slam a williams badge on it no-one would need look at this this mediocre drivel.

I mean come now, more economic engine - can't afford petrol for your car? Buy a 1.2, this is precisely the reason I don't own a Ford Raptor "boy I'd love one" so instead I have 200

More practical? Anyone who buys a hot hatch and sticks a baby booster in the back should be shot and hey... I can fit around 12 bags of Asda goods in the boot, ok the case of lager might be smashed because my suspension is as suttle as a house brick to the face but I knew the risks.
Automatic = poop
Paddle shift - alrite if your in 450bhp beast where it feels like youve been kicked in the face by horse everytime you change gear.
Lastly, that engine noise sounds rather weak, yeah, lets funnel the engine noise into the cab so it sounds like a 200... its not smart/its not Clever.

I think... my rant is over:poke:

Last edited:
Yeah I know, but why didn't they just make a different car and call it... I don't know... a Leon. Ooops someone already did. Everythings becoming Grey as apposed to black and white, were sales really that bad with the 200? I would understand if they weren't producing lesser models:bye2:

If Renault just did what they were supposed to do and rebuild the 200 and slam a williams badge on it no-one would need look at this this mediocre drivel.

I mean come now, more economic engine - can't afford petrol for your car? Buy a 1.2, this is precisely the reason I don't own a Ford Raptor "boy I'd love one" so instead I have 200

More practical? Anyone who buys a hot hatch and sticks a baby booster in the back should be shot and hey... I can fit around 12 bags of Asda goods in the boot, ok the case of lager might be smashed because my suspension is as suttle as a house brick to the face but I knew the risks.
Automatic = poop
Paddle shift - alrite if your in 450bhp beast where it feels like youve been kicked in the face by horse everytime you change gear.
Lastly, that engine noise sounds rather weak, yeah, lets funnel the engine noise into the cab so it sounds like a 200... its not smart/its not Clever.

I think... my rant is over:poke:

You clearly miss the whole point of hot hatches. They are meant to be practical everyday cars that you can stick the family in one moment then take it for an"enthusiastic drive" the next.

You clearly miss the whole point of hot hatches. They are meant to be practical everyday cars that you can stick the family in one moment then take it for an"enthusiastic drive" the next.

So you think with the 200T Renault have hit the nail on the head?:nope:

So you think with the 200T Renault have hit the nail on the head?:nope:

I've not driven one yet so can't comment but I like the spec/details on it so far.

Weather you like it or not, cars are going down the FI route with EDC boxes becoming more common.

It's the way the industry is going.

Id love a button to make the 200 more user friendly day to day when i wasnt feeling playful.

The reports make out its pretty easy to live with day to day in normal mode

Mark Webber giving it a raking..

[YOUTUBE]FIjeN3W-UnM[/YOUTUBE]

And something I didn't think I'd ever say.... God it looks awful in liquid yellow.

Mark Webber giving it a raking..

[YOUTUBE]FIjeN3W-UnM[/YOUTUBE]

And something I didn't think I'd ever say.... God it looks awful in liquid yellow.

They must have played him a video of Vettel's alternator giving up from last year to get that cheeky smirk and then edited in the car. No other explanation for lack of wince on approach.

This will sell a packet.