clio rs 200 turbo uk spec details

now the spec is known would you buy one?

• yes - i would

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • no - still not convinced

Votes: 74 46.3%
  • still undecided

Votes: 39 24.4%

• Total voters
Anything a Formula One Driver says comes with a heap of bull****.

They get paid to be there and get told what to say, I love the front of it. Just hate the rear.

Anything a Formula One Driver says comes with a heap of bull****.

They get paid to be there and get told what to say, I love the front of it. Just hate the rear.

Completely the opposite for me. Hate the front!

Do they come with xenons? I can't find any mention of them so I'm guessing not, but that's a real shame. I love them on my Mazda, really are an improvement over standard lights.

Nice to see that heated seats are on the options list, although if I spec the car up it comes out at nearly £20k without met paint and that doesn't include sat nav (unless it comes as part of the LUX pack?).

LOL at the video!!

It's so obvious that Renault gave him the script and told him exactly what to say!

''It's very comfortable, it's ''functional'' on long distances, sensational visibility, it also has aggressive technology in places like launch control'' (thank god for that, I'm doing 0-60 every day) and of course ''it'd be silly not to put all the motorsport experience Renault has had all those years into their road cup products''!!

Well that's me sold then. This is Mark Webber after all:wink:

And btw, since when Renault promotes their product via ''an F1 driver'' route? Must be the paddle shifts I take it!

Last edited:
I'd rather have the BRZ. I know its the exact same car but I couldn't bring myself to buy a Toyota.

I think that's always going to be the issue here, Renault want to appeal to a wider audience, but the enthusiasts want a 200 that's a bit better built, a bit quicker and a bit cheaper to run. What they need to do to get rid of this whole situation, is offer a manual gearbox. Put that with a cup chassis and a cup version and I think people's opinions may change.

Not sure I would compare the GT86 with the Clio as they are completely different cars, but I suppose it's a driving experience for the price. But really putting the ST, Cupra, VXR etc is going to be the test best suited.

Do they come with xenons? I can't find any mention of them so I'm guessing not, but that's a real shame. I love them on my Mazda, really are an improvement over standard lights.

Lad at work has just bought a full spec'd black MPS like yours, have to say, its bloody nice!

Ouch. Thats not good when you consider how much Steve raved about the Clio 200.

What we need to see is a video with the 200 and 200EDC and see whos having the most fun. It'll also be interesting to see just how much faster the EDC is than the 200.

The powers that be should ask Renault to join us at "How Fast" with the new 200EDC, then we'll see how it measures up.

Interesting cause if your already locked into a pcp, and Renault offer you a decent deal, on paper it looks good value. I get the feeling that many might be financially 'forced' to consider this option when they start 'doing the figures'.....

I'm waiting for those people to do a U turn and start convincing people that the car isn't that bad after all!!!! lol

I still want one, merely for its better mpg, softness for getting to work and back.

Though definitely wont be getting one of the first ones. Think I'll wait for the facelift/powerboost as by then the slowness of the g'box should be solved by then.

Not once have I ever thought 'ooooo this car is SOOOO hard to live with!'. How is it hard to live with? I would say an Ariel Atom may be difficult to live with on a day to day basis and also a Murcielago or a Hummer H1, but a Clio? No.

Not once have I ever thought 'ooooo this car is SOOOO hard to live with!'. How is it hard to live with? I would say an Ariel Atom may be difficult to live with on a day to day basis and also a Murcielago or a Hummer H1, but a Clio? No.

use mine all the time now as i have no choice way things are! and i dont find it a problem - yes i dodge the potholes and try to park it so it doenst get dented - but i dont have any issues with it pottering along at 30mph in 6th or even the 30+ mpg it averages - yes its not the best car for a commute but it does fine for me!

will the new 200t be as good - yes it will probably be better at the commute - will it be better on fuel - yes but not as much as people think! but when it gets to a b-road dont think it will give the "fizz" of a 197/200 :innocent: