clio rs 200 turbo uk spec details

now the spec is known would you buy one?

• yes - i would

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • no - still not convinced

Votes: 74 46.3%
  • still undecided

Votes: 39 24.4%

• Total voters
Not once have I ever thought 'ooooo this car is SOOOO hard to live with!'. How is it hard to live with? I would say an Ariel Atom may be difficult to live with on a day to day basis and also a Murcielago or a Hummer H1, but a Clio? No.

70 miles a day for work. Crawling in Cambridge traffic.

Luckily i only have to do that one week a month now!

Admittedly when feeling playful its amazing, just sometimes the suspension out in my neck of the woods is a bit much.

Well... Steve wasn't too impressed there was he and after watching that I tend to agree. I only use my 200 for short trips during the week and usually a lengthy drive at the weekend and there's only one reason for this... It's fun. I really wouldn't use it as a commute, it's always been more of a toy to go and play with. To me thats what the clio sport has been about and it looks to me that the new 200T is really just an A to B with a few cheap thrills thrown in, it looks as if it really isn't the heart pounder RS ought to be.

For all you guys who use the old 200 as a daily commute, either with Cup or 200 Cup Suspension etc. I personally think you're mad, I love this car but your arse must be raw come Friday. Lol

I used my h&r lowered 197 all the time, work and back, I was out in it all the time, any excuse. don't think it was that uncomfortable at all or hard to live with.

I do a daily commute in my 200 FF with cup chassis, 20 miles each way on rural roads and I personally think its near perfect for the job. The only time I think its a bit hard in the suspension stakes is in town when going over speed bumps etc but as I very rarely drive in towns it doesn't bother me at all.

Haven't read it yet but the 200t gets 4.5 stars in this months evo.

Sounds like a decent car!

Finally got close to a new 200Rs

Walking down from the arch de triumph 2 days ago and there are a lot of car makes that have 'shops' on the main strip.

Had a pop in a few (Mercedes had some very interesting cars) but also noticed a Renault one that I had to go in. Unfortunately the back part was closed off for an event (had the meg 265 and various racers that I couldn't get to)

Anyway I grabbed a couple of pictures of the new 200Rs and it actually looks quite good in the flesh. Although saying that I couldn't see the backend.

A4E3062E-9E04-4950-AC77-7437CA4EDA61-2908-000000C8FBB70364_zps4c057aa1.jpg

E3994C9F-68E3-43FB-AAE0-6D549F69A5A8-2908-000000C90D5E0E2D_zpscd9128e3.jpg

05483F78-0BF9-4346-8BB2-E8C138586555-2908-000000C903693168_zps33d582f9.jpg

Wish I had more time to spend there but with8 of us all wanting to do different things time was tight.
703633AA-C73C-4138-A14D-4DF86EBD2D79-2908-000000CB38A78922_zps56fe537b.jpg

Renaults never made a bad clio RS, and cant see why they should start now. Its change which people generally don't do well. BM's owers hated the Bangle period. It will take the second model for Renault to pitch it right. I certainly never liked the early I97's or 200's.

I have a theory that I wont be surprised if Renault don't go down the similar route to other manufacturers, and the options list will look a little different than the usual trim levels. I bet you'll be able to spec the Clio with 5-6 grand worth of options in a year or so. Its so obvious that RS has left the door open for this car to develop. Also I think the Renault accounts realise that theres money to be made by not giving the options away for free. You want a more focused Clio with uprated brembo's, Recaro's, lowered suspension, exhaust....tick the options. Noticed they've already started with the carbon upgrade already!!!! watch this space

Last edited:
£30k super minis......taking the piss :bored:

Your not wrong. I'm old enough to remember when the Clio\mini was suppose to be a cheap car. Spec a JCW mini and you wont get much change out of 25k+ and who'd a thought a sporty Clio would cost 22k anyway.....!!!!

The way people finance cars have changed. PCP mean you dont think of the value of what your buying, only the monthly out-going. Alternatively, Who would in their right mind put down 5 grand for a Clio and take a loan for 5 years for 15k 'ish?

The worlds gone CRAZY!!!!

Renaults never made a bad clio RS, and cant see why they should start now. Its change which people generally don't do well. BM's owers hated the Bangle period. It will take the second model for Renault to pitch it right. I certainly never liked the early I97's or 200's.

I have a theory that I wont be surprised if Renault don't go down the similar route to other manufacturers, and the options list will look a little different than the usual trim levels. I bet you'll be able to spec the Clio with 5-6 grand worth of options in a year or so. Its so obvious that RS has left the door open for this car to develop. Also I think the Renault accounts realise that theres money to be made by not giving the options away for free. You want a more focused Clio with uprated brembo's, Recaro's, lowered suspension, exhaust....tick the options. Noticed they've already started with the carbon upgrade already!!!! watch this space

This is very true IMO!! they are waiting for the "proper" clio owners to spec them right up i would say.

I don't mind it, but I don't love it :/ I prefer the 197 over the 200 myself and I'm guessing there will be an updated version somehow of this.

And as for the spec hmmmmmm too much electrics to go wrong :/

We knew that the 200T would be faster than the 197/200 on a straight line and now we have established that. Good. We also know that the 200T will be faster on track and this is yet to be established, which of course it will be very shortly. Perfect. Am I convinced? No, not at all.

Being just faster doesn't do anything for me I'm afraid. I know for a fact that the 200T won't be as involving as the current model. Have I driven it? No. But there are some indisputable facts here. If i see a bed made of wood I won't have to sleep on it to realize it's uncomfortable...

What are the facts then? Well, the widely discussed paddle shifts and gearbox which apparently is not quick enough. I personally can't stand them. For me they are all the same. Even when I drive my mate's remapped super fast Audi TTS, or my mate's Golf GT, or my sister's Range Rover, or my other mate's BMW 335, or my brother's in law crazy Lamborghini LP640 they all seem the same to me...I simply can not stand the f*$^ers.

And then it's the looks. I simply adore the 197/200's wide arches, the vents on the front wings, the curves, even the diffuser is much better looking than the new one. And then the 3 doors come to compliment the whole sporty package. The new one in my eyes is a new mainstream hatch. I simply don't like the looks and I can't buy a car which I don't like aesthetically. Plain and simple.

People say the 197/200 looks dated. Yes it does, but do I personally care? No. IMO the exige S1 is a much more beautiful car than the S2. 355 is more beautiful than 360, the same for Golf II-Golf III, and the best example...carrera 993-996! Who's to say that the 996 is more beautiful than the 993 even though the 993 looks dated???

Renault did well, of course they did. No question about that. They made an overall great car blah blah yes it has been said trillions of times. But they also diluted the clio's hardcore experience, the driving pleasure has been watered down and most importantly, the clio's special character has gone. At its place it's a great ''German wanna be'' hatch back with loads of buttons and sounds. Fair enough of course, business is business and the least of their worries are some hardcore enthusiasts like me. That's why I'm keeping my lovely R27 and I'm seriously happy:smile:

And let’s face it. The press loved the R26R but we all know that Renault only sold a few. They loved the 197/200 but they are so rare that people don't even recognize them. People still ask me what car I'm driving. On the other hand, the press is not even excited about the coming of the new golf and we all know what will happen...

I have to admit, the only thing that frustrates me in the 197 is the lack of power/torque at the exit of tight uphill corners/hairpins. But frustration only lasts for seconds and it's definitely not enough to even try to persuade me to consider changing car:smile:

My 2p (or 3p I might say looking at the post lol)

Chris Harris seems to like it alot, seems like a good package but it doesn't look nice enough for me but looks are subjective, "250 bhp is easily achievable " interesting lol