Focus RS

Focus RS in white for me next with black wheels pure sex.

dont see the point in spending 16,ooo-17,ooo grand on the same car tbh.

Last edited:
Yeah the mk2 he is on about (latest one) is '300bhp' standard, according to Ford, until you get it on the rollers - then it develops less than the Meg 250!?

Every Mk2 focus we have done has made 295bhp min, they are pretty much all on the money, the problem is they are a big heavy car which hinders the performance somewhat

...yes FWD...clever diff...invented by Renault!

Its a Quaife ATB diff, but your right they did do the "revoknuckle" as done by renault.

having driven a few 200's and 197's and plenty of mk2 focus rs's they are different cars, howeevr on track a std clio will be more fun than a std focus, spend a little bit of money on the focus springs and its a different animal.

Over 300 is a waste with FWD ,and the Renaults handle so much better.Just watch the Vid of the 200 cling to the tail of a '310'!! BHP Focus.

Stombringer, 300bhp can be a waste in fwd but the focus puts the power down really well, our demo car is currently running 450bhp and its deffinalty not a waste.

its hard to explain, but deffinatly worth experiencing.

i'd def buy it in green

Check the paint very carefully. Lots of the green ones have paint flaws and they're so hard to put right that dealers are refusing to even try. I know a chap who bought a green one and they knocked about 5 grand off the price rather than try and respray the drivers door!

Well ive got both a Clio 197 and a mk 2 Focus RS. Ive said it before, the clio is a great little car I love it to bits. BUT and its a big but!!! The Focus is a different animal.

Im sure some of you will love me for saying this (but its only my opinion) I some times drive round in the Clio to sort of reset myself, so when I get back in the Focus it blows me away again! Its just like getting in a rally car when youve not driven it for a few days!

Im stood with my back agaist the wall. Shoot away!!!

I understand what you mean about resetting yourself. I've just done a 750mile round trip to Middlesbrough and back in a 1.5 Suzuki Swift. Full car with luggage. Fully loaded it isn't the quickest thing in the world. Jumped back into my Fabia vRS and I love it again.

Stombringer, 300bhp can be a waste in fwd but the focus puts the power down really well, our demo car is currently running 450bhp and its deffinalty not a waste.

its hard to explain, but deffinatly worth experiencing.

I sort of agree with you both. Unless the car can handle the corners then whats the point of having all that power. I may be fun in a straight line but imo i would rather tune another 20bhp on a R26R. And 450bhp is it really worth it after all its ford focus not an Evo

after all its ford focus not an Evo

That doesn't really make sense, given that an EVO is just a very below average Mitsubishi Lancer, whereas the Focus is a great car in it's own right, even before you consider the ST or RS versions - certainly not something that could be said about the Mitsi.

That doesn't really make sense, given that an EVO is just a very below average Mitsubishi Lancer, whereas the Focus is a great car in it's own right, even before you consider the ST or RS versions - certainly not something that could be said about the Mitsi.

cant believe you just said that the EVO esp the 8 and 10 are fantastic cars the FQ400 versions both 2l turbos have 400 bhp and would out corner nearly anything on the road including lambos even in a straight line drag these cars dont fall out of the race that quick. 0-60 in 3.5secs in rather impressive. No doubt the focus is a good car for takin the kids to school or going to tesco but for pure driving experience the RS would be left in the Evo's dust

Would it though? While I have to be honest, I haven't driven either a FRS or an Evo, none of the reviews that I have read seem to think that the Evo is much, if at all better.

Your point though was that the FRS is just a Focus. Isn't an Evo just a Lancer? As opposed to a proper sports car?

following from recent track days the evo deffinatly wouldnt leave the focus rs with 450ish bhp for dust!

I think until you experience the focus with the right suspension set up and power delivery its very hard to comment, alot of people thought on the same lines as you when we mention the car, then when they go out in it they are very suprised.

following from recent track days the evo deffinatly wouldnt leave the focus rs with 450ish bhp for dust!

I think until you experience the focus with the right suspension set up and power delivery its very hard to comment, alot of people thought on the same lines as you when we mention the car, then when they go out in it they are very suprised.

Theres a very well set-up and quick green focus RS that goes to knockhill and your right a couple of the EVO's that go cant keep up with it.

I'd have loved the RS to have been that Volvo polestar concept. 400bhp 4WD etc... It would have been a proper great then !

I almost bought an FRS before the Clio, but being as it was to be my daily motor the Clio offered better bang for buck, and to be quite honest, its much more fun!

Also i couldnt justify paying 35k for a sodding Focus lol! I can get a tidy R34 GTR and enough to have that then knocking on the 400bhp door and completely toast one! (Which is my plan when i finally buy a house lol)

Iv owned a mk2 frs, meg r26r, meg 250 the frs handling is nothing compared to the meganes and the clio 200 is meant to be as good if not better. Id save my pennies and have a clio much more fun and more of a drivers car :smile:

what a list! extremely jealous! how come your car's don't stay with you for very long?