Focus RS

I bet that lot has! Focus RS does nothing for me TBH. Although I would like to experience one before I go ranting. But the Auto Car video of the 200 cup keeping up with one is just proof that power isn't everything. I really think Ford should have developed a 4wd drivetrain for this though.

Like most are saying, it really would have been a monster then!

I have never liked the Focus from the day the mk 1 was uncovered either. There's just something not quite right about the styling! Lol! Plus that blue oval! Not as nice as a shinny diamond!

I stuck focus rs vs clio 200 (or something similar) in Google and it gave me a link to a ford fiesta forum. OMG are these people stupid:

http://www.fordfiestast.co.uk/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=162950&an=0&page=38

One guys on about his tuned ST could beat a clio 200 well yeah dummy you just spent loads on mods in that case get a 172 for couple of grand and get the KTEC 6k turbo conversion then both equal money and see you is left standing.

A few say the Clio's ugly (WTF) least it looks sporty unlike an ST. The ST looks no different than a standard fiesta on the basic shape. Unless its not stripes it looks nothing special until he floors it (that just proves its nothing special lol)

And some others are saying that the Focus RS wasnt even trying, suppose when your favourite car company produce a monster charge 28k 4 it then Renault come along and stick to it for 16k which is 12k less then guess they will look for any excuse and 2nd to that the FRS has such high expectations then a clio sticks to it, it doesnt make the FRS look like it aint trying when really its cornering so hard to pull away it goes on 3wheels lol

I'de have the meg 250 or any other Renaultsport over the focus RS anyday. I sat in an FRS the other day and i was very dissapointed it felt very plasticy which considering the price tag is terrible. I've sat in a Meg 250 and its alot nicer inside the dash has more shape and a much nicer steering wheel.

Just read thru the link you posted Lloydy, OMG they are a short sighted bunch.

I find it quite ironic that they are complaining that you have to rev a car to get any performance!? Buy a diseasel... Then in another breath they accept that the 200 is a better handling car, but don't like that either, surely it means you can have more fun without losing your license!? Nothing more fun than getting 1.1G sideways lol!

Only 1 thing really needs to be said; Top Gear Hot-Hatch Mega Test... Clio 200 winner!

"probably good on long journeys but not engaging for a B road thrash"

how far from the truth could they be? Complaining that being a "cup" spec it should have better spec. CUP = Race

Fanboys annoy me.

Yeah that was another bit that confused me - thrash = rev the nuts off it = Clio!? Unless it means something different in the world of the BlueOval...

the FRS engine is a Volvo T5 engine if im correct? Didnt the Volvos run a AWD system? Surely it would have been easy enough to take the drivetrain as well?? Then it would have been a proper beast.

Yes it is. My C30 had the same lump, in fact it uses a modded Ford C1 platform so its pretty much the same car bar the bodywork.

Some Volvo's have a Haldex 4WD system, and the Polestar concept would have had the same with something like 400bhp. This was the fabled "C30R" i was hoping would be announced when i was buying mine.

I'de have the meg 250 or any other Renaultsport over the focus RS anyday. I sat in an FRS the other day and i was very dissapointed it felt very plasticy which considering the price tag is terrible. I've sat in a Meg 250 and its alot nicer inside the dash has more shape and a much nicer steering wheel.

I did the same thing!

The FRS feels like your sat in a TDCi except for the extra gauge pod and the obvious seats, other than that, no real difference.

I sat in a Megane when i was baiting the rep for my Clio and the interior is fantastic and very comfy in the none Recaro's. Would make a very nice distance cruiser.

Just a shame it looks like crap from the outside lol

i attended a local car meet/race at an old air field today. the car's were mainly jap with a few others including a frs. it was a quarter mile drag race, round a cone and back again. the frs couldn't sniff tuned impreza's,evo's,skylines ect.you can forgive it for that, some of them were ballistic! but more shocking it couldn't even beat mildly tuned type r's. got to say, it looked and sounded the nuts! but a 300bhp turbo monster.... i don't think so!

i attended a local car meet/race at an old air field today. the car's were mainly jap with a few others including a frs. it was a quarter mile drag race, round a cone and back again. the frs couldn't sniff tuned impreza's,evo's,skylines ect.you can forgive it for that, some of them were ballistic! but more shocking it couldn't even beat mildly tuned type r's. got to say, it looked and sounded the nuts! but a 300bhp turbo monster.... i don't think so!

I agree mate :thumbup1:

i'm sure with a few mods it could be turned into a right weapon. but i just think when your spending 30k it should already be one! i'm not dissing them. i really do like them but i just feel if your going to spend nearly double the cash you'd want nearly double the performance. oh and forgot to mention, some geezer had a vxr8 bathurst, what a noise could be the most angry car i've ever heard!

I have a massive softspot for VXR8's and Monaros (and the Maloo even more) even though i usually despise GM derived stuff lol

Although the VXR8 is being rereleased soon they have managed to spaz it up in the typical VXR way with stupid vents and chrome crap everywhere, the original one looked very nice.

Cheaper and would destroy an FRS in a straight line too! Full of your mates on a beer and munchies run :smiley:

My last car was a Civic Type R before the Focus RS. And trust me it would need to be more than mildly tuned to get any where near the Focus

Ye, 398 bhp is quite a lot through those poor front wheels. I reckon even a combination of gunning it and normal driving you would struggle to make the tyre last more than a 1000-2000 miles. Your best friend would become the man at the local tyre shop! Although it would be a good car to do tyre testing with!