Focus RS

They also cost you a fortune in a short space of time :driveby:

I bet that lot has! Focus RS does nothing for me TBH. Although I would like to experience one before I go ranting. But the Auto Car video of the 200 cup keeping up with one is just proof that power isn't everything. I really think Ford should have developed a 4wd drivetrain for this though.

Like most are saying, it really would have been a monster then!

I have never liked the Focus from the day the mk 1 was uncovered either. There's just something not quite right about the styling! Lol! Plus that blue oval! Not as nice as a shinny diamond!

The new FRS is apparently going to be hybrid and have 4wd and will exceed the previous in performance,

The current RS is wicked but often forgotted is there is a serious unpredictable factor in its mix...TYRES! you cant put that much power through the front wheels without major front wheel traction and you can have the best diff in the world but all that grip has to come from the rubber, I wouldn't want to be in a FRS or higher powered version when the rubber starts to wear down thats the difference between a 4wd evo and a fwd uber hatch,

Pete

at the moment im split between whether to get a focus RS or Clio V6 next.

but im deffo swayin alot more towards the V6, look the nuts and RWD :thumbsup:

When Autocar had their longterm test FRS they had its fourth set of front tyres fitted at 11,000 miles!!

at the moment im split between whether to get a focus RS or Clio V6 next.

but im deffo swayin alot more towards the V6, look the nuts and RWD :thumbsup:

2 totally different beasts, As much as people beleive it is i dont think the current RS will be a clooectors item its already dropping heavily in value and will even more on the release of the next one, clio v6 however is just naughty!

the FRS engine is a Volvo T5 engine if im correct? Didnt the Volvos run a AWD system? Surely it would have been easy enough to take the drivetrain as well?? Then it would have been a proper beast.

i do like the megane sports, bt they jus a bit on the big side for me.
also, the V6 looks so much more meaner, RWD, mid engined :cloud9:

If u dont like big cars why u looking at an frs then?

if u read my previous post, i said i liked them but i was swayed towards the V6.

an i never sed i didnt like big cars, i sed i PREFER smaller cars
Because of a number of reasons, size bein one of them :-p

if u read my previous post, i said i liked them but i was swayed towards the V6.

an i never sed i didnt like big cars, i sed i PREFER smaller cars
Because of a number of reasons, size bein one of them :-p

Suppose if ur used to little things:tongue_smilie:

the acid yellow, blue or black probably dude.
not 100% decided yet, still shoppin round sein wots available tbh dude.

keepin my options open