My Full Fat Mistress - 293bhp F4RT - The end of an era...

Car looks awesome and must amazing to drive with it's new heart. Question for you regarding your V6 airbox install - The power cables that reach the battery, looks like they still reach to the smaller battery fine? I've got a V6 airbox on the way and didn't want to have to pull at the wiring to connect it up.
Do you also have it on a newly fixed bracket or is it just kind of sat on something that was already there then fixed to that?

Car looks awesome and must amazing to drive with it's new heart. Question for you regarding your V6 airbox install - The power cables that reach the battery, looks like they still reach to the smaller battery fine? I've got a V6 airbox on the way and didn't want to have to pull at the wiring to connect it up.
Do you also have it on a newly fixed bracket or is it just kind of sat on something that was already there then fixed to that?

I would have got a varley cage...

As Pete mentions the Varley bracket would be better, mine did just sit on car as it was. The wiring did fit but I had to cut a cable tie that released a bit more length from a the cable ducting underneath the battery tray.

Had a drive in this tonight only way to describe it is awesome. Should have been like this from new.

It was a pleasure mate, that VW didn't know what hit it.. Lol

Def need videos!

Also, you going to get CS to give you a very accurate figure on the BHP by watching on of the vids?

Need to get some videos up of this mate

Def need videos!

Also, you going to get CS to give you a very accurate figure on the BHP by watching on of the vids?

I think this should be done, I've heard their mind rollers are the most accurate in the country.

To be honest a standard 182 would destroy it, haha god only knows what litchy's must feel like

TBH having driven Litchy's it feels about the same, which is obviously down to the different gearboxes we have. As i'm using the Clio box I have a lot better acceleration over the meg box, with Litchys slightly higher BHP and much higher torque it evens out a bit.

Mr F, you need to give me a drive, would like to see the difference in gearboxes......

Always more than welcome, i'll be up Ste's within a month so we'll hook up and you can test and compare. 1st gear is so short, 3rd and 4th are quite simply epic, even 6th gear is a joy. I never really used 6th with the N/A engine but now its awesome, cruising at 70mph you just plant your foot down and your off unlike before when you had to change down a few gears.

I'd like to see Litchy's go up against Fernandez's car. Side by side...

I would love this too, I think we'll have to try sort something out

Finally got round to ordering a set of TPI black bolts for the white alloys.

Thanks to Smoggy Mark for the technical info on these. For anyone that wants them they are:

14 x 1.50 28mm Tapered 17 Hex (pack of 16)
14 x 1.50 28mm Black Eco Lock Bolt 17/18 Hex (pack of 4)

I got them from Revolution 247 for £44.98 delivered. You have to ring them to order because they are not on the website.

They do look much better than the std bolts and at least now they have some security bolts.
20130903_134338_zps8bcff065.jpg
20130903_140441_zps54a65bd2.jpg
20130903_140448_zpse5785eaf.jpg