Rotary testing and a little wax vs!

Took delivery of a silverline rotary polisher early last week. Finally got round to having a little test with it.

These are a few iPhone shots that show how easy it is to get an improved finish using just a 3m finishing pad and Swisswax Cleaner Fluid Pro. To get this finish with a DA would take much longer and at least 2 pad and compound combos.

4827d9c7.jpg
e65e50b3.jpg
bb92296d.jpg
23361b93.jpg

This last shot is just cos I thought I'd do a little wax test. On the left the wax is Dodo Rain Forest Rub and on the right is RaceGlaze 55. As you can see at day 1 there is nothing in it. I'll try and get some shots each week to see how they last. I do own a 3rd wax, Zymol Concours, but could not be bothered getting it out of the fridge when I decided to do the test. Also its been on my 200 for 7 months and still beading!!:thumbup:

03a7b9db.jpg

And lastly I wish I had a better camera for the detailing shots!!

Very nice phil how heavy is the silverline compared to bosch and makita?

Very nice phil how heavy is the silverline compared to bosch and makita?

Ant got a clue. It's 3kg if that helps.

You can tell it's a cheap one though. The speed is not as consistent as you would want but I only want something that uses the potential of the Swisswax Cleaner Fluid Pro because a DA just can't.

Looking forward to tackling the 200 with it!

I've had a silverline rotary for about 4 years and seems to work pretty well. Agree that the speed drops pretty quickly if you put much pressure on it

I love RaceGlaze 55, probably the best all round wax there is, it will trounce the Dodo on durability, no problems.

Silverline is a bit of a beast, I had a CP and just bought the 3M machine, I do a fair few cars though, so was worthwhile for me, the weight would be killer from the bigger machines.

Yeah the machine is not the best, its hard to keep the speed constant.

I only bought it to use it with the Swisswax Cleaner Fluid Pro which is an amazing compound but needs a rotary to get the best out of it.

As for the 55 well yes its good but best all round is going a bit far for me. Zymol Titanium and Glasur are too close in price and the Concours I have is much better.

Overall though I very impressed with everything raceglaze much much better than similar priced products from other companies like dodo. But its not Zymol.

In fact I have spoken to a raceglaze detailer and the owner of raceglaze and they both told me they use Zymol Concours on their own car.

I like the bling of Concours, but it's not as durable as Glasur for me.

Destiny gives you the best of both worlds.. but you don't half pay for it!

Great waxes though, totally agree.

I really wanted a holiday sampler kit 2. 2oz each of concours, destiny and atlantique for £200 or £130(ish) if you bought it from the U.S. but the only made a few and it sold out very quick. The guy at vertar said he only ordered a few thinking it might not sell but he said he could have sold em 10 times over.

How will that work? Are you gonna pay to get authorised status or just do you "own" cars?

Don't you have to apply to buy it too? Fill in summat to say you will use it properly?

Think I'd try a get a sampler kit 3. I think there is still some stock of that, well last time i checked there was. 2oz of Royale.....hmmmm......dribble!!

Have you tried swisswax cleaner fluid pro? Its v pricey at £70 but it does the job of 2 stage correction in one go with very little residue.

Apparently its rebottled Menzerna... 106FA... never seen the two side by side myself.

It's too pricey for me to use, plus I know the polishes I do use inside out.

I'll try some if I get a chance.

Russ, quick question. Which do you prefer out of Glasur and Gtechniq C2? Bearing in mind it would only be used on my UR 197?

Just found a thread on Detailing world saying its not. Its made by scholl concepts.

The name means nothing to me to be honest.