Seriously considering..

Not being funny but strange to compare a car thats worth 8 grand ish with a car thats costs 25 grand. No point. 197 with 200 I can understand but 250..How can anyone make decisions in abstract of the price????

At no point have I "compared" the two...

If you read my first post you will see I mentioned the word "upgrade"

All I have asked for is peoples opinions on the 250, not to compare the two.

As for price, it doesn't matter how much the gap is as many people have prooved that by saying they would be far happier driving their 197 than a 250. It comes down to personal choice.

Have you taken one out yet (250), I would recommend taking one out as soon as possible, just to get a feel of it. I don't know what it was but I didn't like being in the 250 - very dark and dingy!

i personally dont like the look of them, styling wise it looks like any other megane with bits glued onto it, and the fact that the rear window is useless doesnt help. I can see more peering out my letterbox.

I like the 250. Got to drive one around Silverstone in August. Theres no getting away from it being fast and handling well. To me it was a much more mature car than the Clios, more refind etc.

The Clio though wins on looks and fun factor for me though.

Yeah Im with noddie on this, I drove one on track and it was hard to ignore the speed and its ability. They really are a step up in maturity and composure. But it felt good jumping back into the clio :wink:

Get a Megane R26. You are getting most of what the 250 gives you for a couple of grand more. You could use it as a stepping stone to the 250 till they shed half there value in the first 2 years. Then get one of them.

I have a 197 Cup & a R26 on the drive & if I sold them both I still could not afford a new 250.

I though the R26 was a giant leap in refinement over the Clio. Most of that is the longer gearing. Also its just newer. The rattles still come!