The 5 Hot Hatch 1/4 Mile.

Love it 309bhp 48mpg at 68mph I must say I did like the VXR if I did not have the meg then ??? Both cars are fantastic to drive I could live with both

Oh dear have you lost the ability to read and make a constructed point based upon what I have said ??

Iv driven a meg on various occasions when I lived in Germany but at the same time I'm not pulling the meg down for being a **** car like others are on here of the vxr even though most will have never driven it

How is that a bias opinion? or are you stating that because I believe the two cars would be close on track is a bias opinion? Clearly not as I have posted some evidence to back up my opinion

Perhaps its easier for you two to both agree to disagree lol. I don't really know what the debate is actually over and cba to read back through lol.

Both are clearly great cars and comes down to personal preference...

I personally couldnt give a monkies which is faster / better or whatever, happy with the meg and wouldnt change it. Was looking at lap times out of interest:

Nurburg
Meg 265T 8:07 Astra OPC 8:20

Top Gear Track
Meg 265T 1:27 Astra OPC 1:28

Rockingham Oval
Meg 265T 0:45.5 Astra OPC 0:45.6

Rockingham National
Both cars 1:25

Last edited:
Oh dear have you lost the ability to read and make a constructed point based upon what I have said ??

Iv driven a meg on various occasions when I lived in Germany but at the same time I'm not pulling the meg down for being a **** car like others are on here of the vxr even though most will have never driven it

How is that a bias opinion? or are you stating that because I believe the two cars would be close on track is a bias opinion? Clearly not as I have posted some evidence to back up my opinion

Owning a car and driving a car is two different situations entirely. This is my point, therefore you are wearing rose tints, bro. You may know the ins and outs of an owned car but I doubt you found the limits of the meg in the various (3) occasions you drove it.

You are going on 1 track time that's all i'm stating. I'm stating that the VXR cannot keep up with a meg at the Ring. This is fact, take it or leave it.

And thanks for questioning my intelligence, first line of defence, attack intelligence. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
High energy on this forum tonight chaps lol. Keep it clean please. All we're discussing is what we all enjoy, Cars.

Everyone has different views, I like a good debate, that's the fun with the wide range of cars, however, anyone giving personal insults will be put in the cooler box lol.

lets keep this a friendly welcoming forum please

Last edited:
Owning a car and driving a car is two different situations entirely. This is my point, therefore you are wearing rose tints, bro. You may know the ins and outs of an owned car but I doubt you found the limits of the meg in the various (3) occasions you drove it.

You are going on 1 track time that's all i'm stating. I'm stating that the VXR cannot keep up with a meg at the Ring. This is fact, take it or leave it.

And thanks for questioning my intelligence, first line of defence, attack intelligence. :thumbsup:

1.) At which point did I suggest owning and driving where the same thing?

2.) Has absolutely no relevance to to the point I'm making as Iv not once said the meg is ****.

3.) Again as I'm not not saying the megane is **** the fact of whether i found the limits (which you couldn't possibly know) is neither here nor there.

3.) As pointed out by another above most other track times are close only the ring time is a large margin.

4.) The point I'm making is I think that the vxr could keep up with meg on the ring with same conditions and driver, either way we won't know till it happens so it isn't really a fact is it?

5.) You called your own intelligence into question with the inability to read what I have written and reply with a structured logical response

As you can see I have tried to set out my points in a methodical manor with numbers just incase your struggling to follow and have absolutely no excuse for a terrible counter point like your two previous attempts. Anyway I thought you had said your piece ? "Bro"

Last edited:
Haha! Steve, he can't keep his hands off me, that's why he's staying in my hotel in Germany too lol

Love it 309bhp 48mpg at 68mph I must say I did like the VXR if I did not have the meg then ??? Both cars are fantastic to drive I could live with both

48? That's quality only see high 30s in mine but that most likely be due to the weight of have to be doing about 50 to see that number lol

Annnnnnnnnd everyone relax..... Lol :hug:

next topic, I've heard that the Clio200 would thrash a Meg265 in the twisties.... :giggle:

Ah I see now :smile:

I'm just going to a leave a quote from 20:00 today from your wonderful self.

"Oh dear have you lost the ability to read and make a constructed point based upon what I have said ??"

Hehe. :coffee:

PS: Mod/Admin team this is friendly banter.