Trackspec Clio 197

So spacers.. Josh was teaching me some very clever things about them and why they ruin the fro of the car.
A certain thing called scrub radius, with 20mm spacers you'd be towing out under braking and tow in accelerating, under breaking your car will want to squirm and will make your arb feel softer
This is why cupracers etc or track day drivers will leave the Clio with no spacers or just 5mm to keep it negative. Negative will do opposite, tow in on braking and tow out accelerating. Giving it a much nicer control under braking and controlling the torque steer ( if boosted mainly ) under acceleration..

I am new to knowing what it actually does but there's some great videos on YouTube about it! Worth a watch.

I've read over your build, you solid bushed or just want to try slicks out etc? I've got a set of slicks I may sell if your interested

That wheel and tyre package look unbelievable. Would love to see some pictures of them on...

Got to love an RS splitter:french:

Reactions: trackspec197
That must be with spacers

The ET of those Laguna wheels is 50 i believe compared to 68. Hence an 18mm difference.

So in theory running the Silverstone wheels with no spacers should be about the same as standard offset Clio wheels with 20mm spacers.

But the man himself will tell us im sure........ :smile:

10mm spacers. They look wider on the car than the speedlines due to the offset. Great fit to be honest although I had to drill the bolt holes out to a 14mm diameter as they're an M12 standard.

10mm spacers. They look wider on the car than the speedlines due to the offset. Great fit to be honest although I had to drill the bolt holes out to a 14mm diameter as they're an M12 standard.

Ddifferent year Silverstone wheels have different bolt hole sizes. Some are 12mm - some are 14mm. Loads of info on people having to drill them out on Google....

They do look fantastic. You might have started a trend :smile:

Stud conversion must be handy for swapping them over frequently (which of course you will have to do travelling to and fro track days...)

Not teaching you to suck eggs at all - but if you look here there's good info on the fitment of the Laguna Silverstone wheels on posts 5,6,7 and 8: So doesn't look like you'll want / need 20mm spacers possibly....

(Just incase you didnt know - i certainly didnt having never looked into it before !)

http://www.clio197.net/threads/branxs-black-197.54455/#post-604448
I'd like the 20mm spacers for the speedlines ideally. The laguna wheels fit the arches just right with the 10mm spacers. I might get another set of Laguna wheels and sell the speedlines off! lol