Apollo now fitted

fitted my K&N apollo and despite everyone saying its going to lose power etc it sounds amazing and throttle response is better.not sure whether power has changed up or down.modified a pipe from a astra vxr to get more air to the kit.overall im happy with it.and payed next to nothing for it

fitted my K&N apollo and despite everyone saying its going to lose power etc it sounds amazing and throttle response is better.not sure whether power has changed up or down.modified a pipe from a astra vxr to get more air to the kit.overall im happy with it.and payed next to nothing for it

:tongueout:ics:

I had a k&n cone filter when I bought mine, the noise was immense but so was the power drop! I hunted high and low for an original airbox and never looked back!

Apollo kit has neverbeen dyno proven to lose or gain bhp, merely owners experiences.

They do look well under the bonnet I'll give you that. Do a top speed run on a private road :wink: that'll give you a good indication of performance difference.

My old 1.4 Clio went from 118mph to 112mph from a k&n 57i induction kit, consecutively.

Apollo kit has neverbeen dyno proven to lose or gain bhp, merely owners experiences.

They do look well under the bonnet I'll give you that. Do a top speed run on a private road :wink: that'll give you a good indication of performance difference.

My old 1.4 Clio went from 118mph to 112mph from a k&n 57i induction kit, consecutively.

yes but the noise getting to that maybe reduced top speed is much better.to be honest seems like its flying at the min.jus sounds like you are going slower than you are.low down grunt has improved.the missus took it out and she noticed the difference straight away

I found the trick being to have the ecu custom remapped to take account of the changes to the air flow, the problem is the ecu is programmed to run lean particularly at the top end. The induction kit when fitted correctly allows a greater flow due to less flow losses because it doesnt have the same number of bends as the factory box, this will then impact upon how the air valve will have less control as it is operated by the ecu which has calculations based upon the differential pressures created by the standard air box.

If you think I'm talking out my ass - so be it! :thumbup:

The lambda sensor will detect the charge ratio and adjust accordingly, unless you start unplugging sensors you'd find it hard to burn a valve out from excessively lean charge on a modern motor.

Might be wrong but I thought the lamda sensor was used to adjust the fuel flow not the air flow. I'm just going off Ktecs explanation of the lambda sensors job, and putting it with my knowledge of air flows into plants at work coming up with what sounds a plausible explanation as to why people seem to think that induction kits are poor in comparison with the standard air box .:book:

Might be wrong but I thought the lamda sensor was used to adjust the fuel flow not the air flow. I'm just going off Ktecs explanation of the lambda sensors job, and putting it with my knowledge of air flows into plants at work coming up with what sounds a plausible explanation as to why people seem to think that induction kits are poor in comparison with the standard air box .:book:

lambda measure air/fuel ratio and adjusts accordingly

but on WOT its not running closed loop control

10 bhp drop seems a lot when you couldn't gain 10bhp even changing the exhaust. Wouldn't argue if it did as there and many on here that are more qualified to have such an opinion. Although Forums are great for tails of the unexpected or sheepish in their views.

For me its how the car feels to the driver, if it feels faster to you, doesn't matter if its actually not.

Last edited:
10 bhp drop seems a lot when you couldn't gain 10bhp even changing the exhaust. Wouldn't argue if it did as there and many on here that are more qualified to have such an opinion. Although Forums are great for tails of the unexpected or sheepish in their views.

For me its how the car feels to the driver, if it feels faster to you, doesn't matter if its actually not.

waaahaaay finally abit of positive feed back.thank you