Best Wax?

NaviWax IONCOAT Dark;

It's JDM YO!

It's a very good price.

It's 37% Carnauba, which is pretty damn good.

The beading/sheeting is like nothing I've seen before (VP Armetis, Collonite 915, Auto Glym HD).

It's got good durability, even with the amount of mud that ends up on my car I'd say that 3/4 months worth of protection at a bare minimum. The shine does begin to fade off after around 3 months but it'll still repel water for a good month after that. It doesn't dull flake in Deep Black, which is a problem I've had with a few other waxes.

It's so so SO easy to apply, literally you wipe it on and then wipe it straight back off. No curing time, so there's no excuse to not keep it topped up. I can do the entire car, and by entire I mean everything inlcuding glass and plastics, in about half an hour. It really isn't like anything I've ever used before. I'd reccomend it to anybody and it's worth noting that they also do a ''Light'' version as well as an ''Ultimate'' version which is 40% Carnauba.

Buy it here; http://shinearama.co.uk/product.php?id=NAV-DARK250

Should this not be in the detailing section? But I degress.

For me there is no best wax. Some swear by Collinite 476s for it durability others Swissvax Best of Show for its depth of shine. I have a large selection of waxes (15 at the last count) in my collection as well as a selection of sealants and I'll switch depending on how I'm feeling. For me, for everyday use its a balance of durability and looks so I tend to go with either Naviwax Ultimate or Dodo Juice Supernatural. If I'm going to a show it's nearly always a toss up between Swissvax BOS, Zymol Glasur or Valentine's Road & Track. This winter I'm running with a sealant, Wolfs Hard Body to be exact, and it's superb.

Swissvax Best of Show-wax 51 Vol.% of pure yellow Brazilian Grade One Carnauba wax.

Not just because of that but it goes on soooooo easy and comes off twice as easy even after been left on over night.

Durability is excellent and its protective properties need to be seen to be believed!

What I would say it all wax is only as good as the prep before hand.

Not really a wax but i use the werkstat acrylic kit. Extramly east to use and the reflectivity and flake it gives is superb.

Ive just swaped and put some autofinesse passion on my mums mini, its lost the reflectiveness but gained amazing beading and a lovley warm glow

Autoglym hd wax gets good reviews and is available everywhere

rick

I've just bought some dodo juice orange crush.

It smells awesome. It really brings out the flake in liquid yellow and it adds a slightly orange tint after about 4 layers.

Gives protection for 3 months, I've never had a long lasting wax so it's brilliant :smile:

Depends on the colour of your car I think.
Mine is white so I use Chemical Guys Blacklight + V7 to give it a wet look... not to sure on the length of protection. Going to try the Werkstat acrylic kit next!

Cheeky wee pic of it the CG gear

7754447694_803f6b1650.jpg

Depends on the colour of your car I think.
Mine is white so I use Chemical Guys Blacklight + V7 to give it a wet look... not to sure on the length of protection. Going to try the Werkstat acrylic kit next!

Cheeky wee pic of it the CG gear

7754447694_803f6b1650.jpg

Mine is Albi blue.

Just trying to find out as is which is best,got to keep the car looking good :driveby:

It depends what you want from the wax really.

Most people will have a different favourite as you can see already. It will depend a lot on the colour of your car too and also what other products or preparation goes onto the car beforehand. As already said, you can have a £10,000 boutique wax but if you've scrubbed the car with a manky old sponge beforehand then it's still going to look sh!te.

Are you after clarity, longevity, ease of use? What's your priority? If the look of the car in terms of gloss/wetness is your main priority and you're happy to wax the car on a regular basis then that will lead you to completely different products to somebody who only wants or has time to wax their car twice per year for example...

Last edited:
It depends what you want from the wax really.

Most people will have a different favourite as you can see already. It will depend a lot on the colour of your car too and also what other products or preparation goes onto the car beforehand. As already said, you can have a £10,000 boutique wax but if you've scrubbed the car with a manky old sponge beforehand then it's still going to look sh!te.

Are you after clarity, longevity, ease of use? What's your priority? If the look of the car in terms of gloss/wetness is your main priority and you're happy to wax the car on a regular basis then that will lead you to completely different products to somebody who only wants or has time to wax their car twice per year for example...

Happy to wax on a regular basis,but as there is so many out there to pick from was looking for some advice etc on what folk use.

PS How good is using a clay bar beforehand?

Claying will help lift any deep bedded grime out of the paint. It's not something you want to do every week though really as it's time consuming and also requires you to polish everything again in most cases. Generally you would clay the car before polishing it and then the wax or sealant would be your final step after the paint was nicely prepared. The NaviWax stuff I've really fell in love with, it's so easy to use and it doesn't take the flake out of the paint like many other waxes. I would recommend that to anybody, especially with it being a decent price too.

A lot of people like the Dodo Juice stuff, which I've never used myself but I've been told it doesn't last very long.

Collonite stuff lasts well but it realy dulled the flake which put me off using it again.

As above claying removes the wax.

You should clean, possibly decontaminate the paint if want (I do), clay and then polish and wax on your first application.

If you clay you will need a lube as well.

Easy this detailing guff ain't it.

As above claying removes the wax.

You should clean, possibly decontaminate the paint if want (I do), clay and then polish and wax on your first application.

If you clay you will need a lube as well.

Easy this detailing guff ain't it.

No! :eek: lube with clay bar or spray with water?

Last edited:
Most clays require a lube but there's a few that can be used with just water.

Whats best for Nimbus colour? Thinking of checking out the wax Willis has recommended...

I'd say with Nimbus that the NaviWax Light might be better for you than the Dark version I use, although the wax isn't actually coloured like the Dodo ones are for example so I'm not sure if/how much of a difference it'd actually make. The Dark version might make Nimbus look quite moody actually, if you were closer then I'd let you have a try of it.

The only decent wax I've ever used is Autoglym HD, it's quite difficult to remove after curing though. Although does give a great and long lasting finish.

Think I'm gonna try a specific wax for red/orange cars next!

I use collinite 845, so so easy to use, really cheap, bottle lasts ages and gives a great shine, think its about 18quid, really is great!!

The durability is also really good on it upto 6 months with regular washes I've found.

Similar Thread Suggestions