ContiSport Contact 5's

-Eddie-

Missing In Action
I know the Clio originally came with ContiSport Contact 3's, but I was wondering if I should look to upgrade these to the ContiSport Contact 5's?

The reason I ask is, the front's are getting down towards the legal limit and I will be replacing soon.

Are the ContiSport Contact 5's worth the little extra?

Thanks

To be honest I got the 5s on mine and my misses drives ours and she is like a 75 year old of the start and she was spinning the front wheels with the 5s on so we put the Hancock back on the front and she don't do it any more so just of a personal thing NO

They're getting good reviews and I don't imagine they will be worse than the 3's..
It's what i'm going for when due.

Or it's a toss up between them and the Assemetric 2's... Only reason I'm thinking Contis is its the brand they came with new.

Imo the 5's on the front are a better tyre than the 3. I feel The tyre is better, has more feedback and the gtip is always there, but I have used it more enthusiastically, so the wear rate is a tad higher ;-)

She likes the Hankooks Arran but when we did the Wales run I hated them in the wet if you remember

Ye, I seem to remember you didn't like them much on Wales. Weren't they brand new though? I always thought they were better at putting the power down, but not quite as good in the corners. I'm wondering if the pressures were too high when you ran them. When I had them fitted to the front on the Clio the tyre place over inflated them severely and the handling was terrible!

the 5's are supposed to have better grip and a better wear rate. in theory silly not to get 5's. ive not tried them yet though. still got 6-7mm left on my original 2 year old 3's :smiley:

I went for 5s about 4 months ago.

Gotta say I think they're fantastic - Some peolpe say a bit slippy in the wet, but I've not noticed any issues with mine - even on cow **** covered B roads - seem to hold up really well!

Only went for 5s as I couldn't get hold of any 3s for a decent price though...

To be honest I got the 5s on mine and my misses drives ours and she is like a 75 year old of the start and she was spinning the front wheels with the 5s on so we put the Hancock back on the front and she don't do it any more so just of a personal thing NO

She's doing something wrong then.
My wife drives like a rally driver ALL THE TIME and never spins the wheels.She's had the back end out early one damp morning, but never spun the wheels

Just bought two for the back to match the ones up front - they take a bit of wearing in but I think they're great! Don't seem to be wearing too fast either which is nice. I paid £270 fitted, with balancing and tracking all round.

Or it's a toss up between them and the Assemetric 2's... Only reason I'm thinking Contis is its the brand they came with new.

OE tyres are important. Chassis would have worked with tyre manufacturers and chose a tyre based on a number of reasons/criteria. I know as a couple of my friends work in Chassis/R&D for large motor car manufacturers and the work/cost that goes in to selecting the OE tyre in immense. Saying all this SC5's should be a good tyre and similar to the SC3's in terms of performance.

All of the Conti Sport range are very good IMO.