ContiSport Contact 5's

Event Tyres were the cheapest, £256 for 2 fitted,

haven't got one yet of side wall, but can get you one...

Just going to check as i think Black Circles quoted me £238 for 2 yesturday fitted...

Yep update

www.blackcircles.com

Continental Sport Contact 5 - 215/45 R17 W (87) £119.23 each - £238.46 fitted at a local place in Leeds

Last edited:
Anyone know if the newer models (Clio's) are coming with Conti's on them? and if so are they the 5's?

Also am i right in thinking they are replacing the 3's and is there a Clio spec version of the 5's as i remember someone saying there was one for the 3's??

I really am in two minds about what to do. I've got 3's on the rear with plenty of tread. So i'm thinking of putting 3's on the front and running with four ContiSport 3's until all 4 are needing replaced.

I've never been so fussy about tyres lol.

I personally am going to put 5's on then change the back when needed had a Falken on the 172 and was a good tyre but dunlop s-max on my Audi which were amazing but neither are close in my view to the Conti 3's

And i am fussy about tyres having raced bikes and seen what difference a tyre can make the difference between winning and losing or crashing and a few off's at 140+ you soon change supplier :rofl:

Event Tyres were the cheapest, £256 for 2 fitted,

haven't got one yet of side wall, but can get you one...

7538453906_20022fbe94.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Just going to check as i think Black Circles quoted me £238 for 2 yesturday fitted...

Yep update

www.blackcircles.com

Continental Sport Contact 5 - 215/45 R17 W (87) £119.23 each - £238.46 fitted at a local place in Leeds

That's the cheapest place i've found them. I think i'll have 4 delivered at £430 then take them to a guy i know in wetherby for fitting..

Seemingly my decision has been made easier by the fact that my local garage came back to me today stating that the ContiSport 3's have been discontinued in 215/45/17!? I personally find it strange.

They are supplying and fitting for £256 all in for the 2 fronts.

In fairness also, the CS3's and CS5's have gone up MASSIVELY in price over the last couple of weeks. Blackcircles are about £25 per corner more expensive than previously :-s

Whats the benefit of extra load ones?

I just went with XL as that what my 3's were that came off, but found this about why they are more money,

Extra Load tyres are an evolution of the reinforced tyre for heavier, higher performance vehicles, allowing a lower profile tyre with extra load carrying capability, these tyre give more rigidity and enhanced road holding. Extra load tyres have a higher inflation pressure and often have XL moulded on the sidewall.

I personally am going to put 5's on then change the back when needed had a Falken on the 172 and was a good tyre but dunlop s-max on my Audi which were amazing but neither are close in my view to the Conti 3's

And i am fussy about tyres having raced bikes and seen what difference a tyre can make the difference between winning and losing or crashing and a few off's at 140+ you soon change supplier :rofl:

SAME HERE MATE. People who ride bikes can feel what differance a tyre can do.My zzr has the best.
Running conti 5's.To be honest the 3's were a fraction better in dry.Fantastic grip on the 197.
I just got a laguna with 205bhp turbo.as quick as clio without having to thrash it, but no where near as much grip.Bigger tyres too.Thinking of trying something differant.
conti 5 reviews wernt that good.I think they are great feel, dry and wet.Going to try hankook next.great reviews and only £90.If they are bad, ill put them on the rear.

The 5's have gone. 7000 miles and one ring trip of enthusiastic driving have seen the 5's through. So thought i'd try the Potenza used on the 265 for the ring lap record. Only one day in so will let you know what it's like.

I wouldn't put that stiffer 91's on over the 87's... Lot stiffer sidewalls so will ride harder and you'll feel bumps more.

Would ContiSport 3, size 215/45/R17 87V be suitable on my Clio?

Wouldnt bother, wrong speed rating, ours are W. if you was to have a crash, the insurance could use that as a reason not to pay up. You can go up speed rating and load index but not down. Plus i accidently had Vs on, they wore easily and tbf **** grip.

The 5's have gone. 7000 miles and one ring trip of enthusiastic driving have seen the 5's through. So thought i'd try the Potenza used on the 265 for the ring lap record. Only one day in so will let you know what it's like.

I have potenza RO50's on the front of mine, well happy with the grip these give :thumbup: