Pulled by the Rozzers..

Fernandez

Gold Member
So I'm flying up the M1 this afternoon and noticed an awful lot of coppers about. Obviously I stayed at the limit set by her majesty and decided to pull into Tibshelf services for a slash, as I entered I noticed another copper sat watching cars, not a traffic officer though, as I was parking he came up behind me with light ablaze pulled up next to me and said "theres a problem with your numberplate, follow me"

Followed him round the back to the lorry park where they had one of their makeshift compounds, there must have been 10 coppers there. Now most of you know that one of the letters in my number plate its spaced a bit differently than shall we say legal. So its a fair cop if I get a ticket.

Once I got out if the car the attitude out the officer was dispicable, moody as hell, very rude and very abrupt, he asked me what the problem was and I replied very politely that it was probably the spacing on my plate. He then told me it ment thet my car was defective and I would be getting a summons.

At that point one out his superiors who was a traffic officer came over, looked over the plate and asked me a few questions then asked the officer if the ANPR read my plate correctly to which the answer was yes, he then said that although wrongly spaced it wasn't that bad and that he would let it go with just a warning.

The copper was clearly not happy and said but the vehicle is defective, his superior said that it wasnt, the plate was illegal but the vehicle was not defective, he said that the officer could give me a fixed penalty non endorsable if he wanted but advised him to give me a verbal warning to get them replaced. Result I thought.

The officer then asked for my driving licence which has a ten year old picture in which I have a cheeky grin, he obvously took offence to this and informed me the the picture was invalid, I was not allowed to smile and that would be a 60 pounds fine. Again his superior said it was not important, by this time the copper is seriously pissed off, giving it how its my lucky day but he knows where I live and if I dont change the plates in 24 hours he will issue me with a Summons.

Now I have a lot of respect for the police and I know they have to put up with a lot of
crap and I wws technically in the wrong but this officer seriously needs a personality transplant, several descriptive words spring to mind. Best bit was how his superior dismissed everything he tried tho. Lol

Rant over but still laughing...

oh dear situations like that.....i usually end up arguing with them......

they really need to sort out the real criminals - that would have been my reply ie do some proper policing for once!

They **** me off when the put their hands in there stab jackets and walk around like they're Conan the barbarian!! And they have no reason to be pissy over a number plate, just a decent word would go a long way more than being a tw@

oh dear situations like that.....i usually end up arguing with them......

they really need to sort out the real criminals - that would have been my reply ie do some proper policing for once!

I resisted very hard, as soon as he opened his mouth I knew it was a yes Sir, no Sir, 3 bags full Sir situation. But your are so right.

lol lucky esacpe! shame about his attitude though you should have got his name and reported him

Lucky is right Smiler, saved me 60 notes, I want hanging about when he said I could go..

They **** me off when the put their hands in there stab jackets and walk around like they're Conan the barbarian!! And they have no reason to be pissy over a number plate, just a decent word would go a long way more than being a tw@

Lmao, he did do the conan stance

Lucky result but I would be following it up with a massive complaint to the IPCC, they can't be like that with you if you haven't deserved it! :@

Should have said "shove it up your ass, don't you know I've got the best hot hatch money can buy.! I'll race ya.! Double or quits.?"

LoL.!
Nearly as bad as me getting pulled just after doing 135mph and pleading ignorant when asked "do you know why I e stopped you sir"= No.?

Should have said "shove it up your ass, don't you know I've got the best hot hatch money can buy.! I'll race ya.! Double or quits.?"

LoL.!
Nearly as bad as me getting pulled just after doing 135mph and pleading ignorant when asked "do you know why I e stopped you sir"= No.?

Lol, he was in one of those new shape Astras so he wouldn't have stood a chance, although the Audis, Evo's and bikes would've been a bit harder to shake.

I remember you telling me about that lucky escape, tinsely viaduct wasn't it?

Was he ugly?

Probably pissed off if he's not been picked for the next series of police interceptors. :rofl:

To me, thats the derby****e police all over.

Haha that was a class read, I can just imagine the situation that's the funniest thing. Nice escape. Police are funky people to work out they're either serious morons or really down to earth.

What a ****ter but a result all at the same time! I had a lucky escape then I shot past there twice today. Did you spot them shutting off the southbound this afternoon cos of some dude towing a caravan ballsing thing up it looked like.

Oh yeah spotted you yet again the other day, you'd just joined northbound off j29, I was in traffic southbound :worried:

What a total Cock his misses must have been on her time of the month stage so instead of f-coking her he wanted to f-ck you Instead.What a retard:worried:

Usually find the new coppers on probation are the worst they have something to prove.

Last pull I got was in my Scooby and similar thing by beat coppers they tried to find fault with everything but my details and my car were spotless, kept my calm and managed to wind them up perfectly as kept telling them they cannot say i was speeding by just going from the sound my car makes and using their eyes along.

Usually you get pulled by traffic cop they usually have better attitudes and good comments about the car and then just a warning about whatever it was they pulled you for.

On reflection I just think he was genuinely a nob....

Channing my plates over tho before I go home cos he will drive down my street on the off chance he can write me a ticket. Reckon I'll leave it a week and change them back.

Been looking into it and from what I have found you have to have 3 fpn tickets before DVLA will write to you and give you your first warning, 3 dvla warnings and they take the plate off you. And you won't get your money back as although you may hold the rights to a number, dvla will always own it.

If it does get taken off you, the plate is taken completely out out circulation.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
harey Clio 200 Area 12
N General Chat 8
Jason S General Chat 21
J Clio General Chat 23
davidburke Clio General Chat 12