Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Trying to convince the missus that this is what we need for our boy.
She wants some sort of armoured hummer in case he bumps into anything:chair:

Driving me nuts...!

Insurance Group 1 mate. The 1 litre 12v also has a cam-chain not a cam-belt.

Can't change his age, and i certainly ain't moving house (IF that lowered his premium)....so the lowest insurance group possible is all you can do.

Hard battle between buying something 'ok' and presuming he will bump / crash it anyway; so getting something you can literally afford to kiss goodbye to...

Reactions: Big Ben
Just saying, the back end of them is like a boat. I aquaplaned mine doing 40mph on a reasonably decent road and I may as well have been ice skating how it span...

Insurethebox or Tesco Black Box are probably the best black box insurers that don't try to cancel your policy every 5 mins for "braking too hard" or "turning sharply"...I also found that my 1.9 tdi 100bhp Golf was £400 cheaper to insure than my previous 1.2 corsa after I dossed it into a dry stone wall. :chris2:

All a big con...:excited:

Reactions: sevenfourate
No black box needed on this policy. Shame really as would have been interesting to see how quick I could have got a ‘Policy declined’ message flashing at me....

See Ben; you’re not comparing apples with apples: bringing the top of the range 1.2 litre big brother into the conversation. The one that was obviously too much for you :sunglasses:

In some seriousness: no ones found the handing of this one drystone-wall worthy in the past 15 years....so hoping we don’t buck the trend :smile:

Reactions: Benno
No black box needed on this policy. Shame really as would have been interesting to see how quick I could have got a ‘Policy declined’ message flashing at me....

See Ben; you’re not comparing apples with apples: bringing the top of the range 1.2 litre big brother into the conversation. The one that was obviously too much for you :sunglasses:

In some seriousness: no ones found the handing of this one drystone-wall worthy in the past 15 years....so hoping we don’t buck the trend :smile:

True, that 73.8bhp was clearly just a little too much on standard suspension and budget tyres....!!

Have you managed to get a few decent quotes without boxes then?

True, that 73.8bhp was clearly just a little too much on standard suspension and budget tyres....!!

Have you managed to get a few decent quotes without boxes then?

Yup. Done, dusted, paid and collecting car tomorrow.

Top 3 cheapest quotes all didn’t need a black box.

Got 5 new premium tyres on too. I’m hopeful :smile:

That looks a tidy little car for it age!

Not bad for his first one.
I remember I had an 'A' reg Metro in dark blue, with a light blue vinyl roof.

My brother wrote it off when borrowing it when he went to France.

Yup. Done, dusted, paid and collecting car tomorrow.

Top 3 cheapest quotes all didn’t need a black box.

Got 5 new premium tyres on too. I’m hopeful :smile:

Spot on then! No penalties for FWD drifting round Tesco car park:excited::excited::excited:

There's certainly worse cars to be driving out there, cheap spares and parts, what's not to like? This time next year he could be insured on Dad's 200 :wink:

Insurance Group 1 mate. The 1 litre 12v also has a cam-chain not a cam-belt.

Can't change his age, and i certainly ain't moving house (IF that lowered his premium)....so the lowest insurance group possible is all you can do.

Hard battle between buying something 'ok' and presuming he will bump / crash it anyway; so getting something you can literally afford to kiss goodbye to...

and the cam chains are..............................shite!!!!! (so are the head gaskets)

luckily they are cheap to buy!

and the cam chains are..............................shite!!!!! (so are the head gaskets)

luckily they are cheap to buy!

Good point!! Get hold of a bottle of Steel Seal and keep it in the glovebox! Speaking from experience!

....and you then bought a 197 as an upgrade ? Remind me never to follow your lead :tearsofjoy:

This is car number 7 for me...not bad for 3 years...:excited: I'm not going to talk about reliability just yet as I don't fancy tempting fate....

They are a great little car, cheap to work on too! I've had plenty of corsas in the past as second cars, well done on getting your son a car, he is a lucky man to have a dad who would do that for him, no doubt he won't need to wash it either as he prob knows if he leaves it long enough you will be eating your finger looking at it and cave! Lol

By the looks of it it's got the shuv treatment already!

Lucky lad :smile:

They are a great little car, cheap to work on too! I've had plenty of corsas in the past as second cars, well done on getting your son a car, he is a lucky man to have a dad who would do that for him, no doubt he won't need to wash it either as he prob knows if he leaves it long enough you will be eating your finger looking at it and cave! Lol

By the looks of it it's got the shuv treatment already!

Lucky lad :smile:

Ha ha ha - cheers my friend :smile: Does look quite tidy doesn't it. I still feel some love coming its way though..... :smile:

If it lasts a year and gets him his first no-claims: it will have done its job. By then he'll have finished college, hopefully be at work: and if he fancies something nicer / faster / more expensive........'good luck to you son' !

A nice little addition to the family fleet Shuv, great car for a first one. I used Corsas when I was doing the driving instructing and they took some real abuse, but never missed a beat.