Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

I don't think they would - I'm the best part of 15 and a half stone and 6'2" and I would happily have these seats as a daily. I find them really easy to get in an out of. Still, that's up to £1,200 of your money I'm freely spending :tongueout:

I agree. My friend loves his Recaros & he's 18 stone. In our house it's my wife who doesn't find them comfortable for more than an hour & she's only 5'4" & size 12. Me, I'm only 5'7" & overweight at 13 stone. However I understand you wanting something a little different from standard.

Last edited:
Reactions: sevenfourate
I don't find the Recaro's awkward at all, you have to straddle them a little you soon get used to it :smile:

I've also read of how 'delicate' the Recaros are. Both in form and finish. And we all know the numerous stories of lower bolster wear. BUT: It does appear the needing to be a midget to fit in them is perhaps somewhat of a fallacy from you guys real-World experience.

My "worries" are also accentuated by the fact my car lives in a Persimmon Homes garage at night - and space isnt overly generous in there.

Which means i have to do the Clio-shuffle twice a day to enter and exit. One of the reasons the upper bolster framework (!) on the standard seat needs looking at i suspect.

So my intentions of getting a steel-framed reclining Cobra are numerous.

1. Retain the creature comforts of tilt / slide etc
2. Buy an inherently heavy but strong steel-framed seat.
3. Buy something with a very hard-wearing fabric.
4. Be different !

:smile:

Reactions: Johnny 99
I can see what you mean with the Recaro seats Shuv. They look the business, are very comfy and are a surprisingly good fit, even for larger passengers that I have. BUT, they are fragile and I wince whenever someone drags their arse across the bolster getting in and out.... Plus, the Recaro shuffle/swing/hop etc is a must :smiley: you just can't expect your passengers to do the same!

Reactions: Pav
I can see what you mean with the Recaro seats Shuv. They look the business, are very comfy and are a surprisingly good fit, even for larger passengers that I have. BUT, they are fragile and I wince whenever someone drags their arse across the bolster getting in and out.... Plus, the Recaro shuffle/swing/hop etc is a must :smiley: you just can't expect your passengers to do the same!

Must note this if I ever get my fat arse into Jimmys car!

If it makes you feel better, the Recaro's are heavy as hell!
There are very few reasons (if any) to not try something different!

Reactions: sevenfourate
I know the feeling, I've got my boy well trained but to the wife 'it's just a car'!

Reactions: Jimmy
I know the feeling, I've got my boy well trained but to the wife 'it's just a car'!

Its your obligation as a man to let her that its not just any car, its yours, and she will treat it with respect!

The only 'proper' row ive had with my gf is when she hit my car door on the wall then giggled. She's not done it since.

Actually on topic to syers thread, wait for the right seats to come up, no real hurry is there? You can just continue breaking your current ones for now lol.

Reactions: Jimmy
Hooray ! Some good news / info regarding Cobta seat fitting.

"Hi,

Thank you for your email.

We can fit the Cobra Daytona using their external bolt pattern with the Recaro Clio Mk3 Mounts. These mounts work with your original rails so should give a perfect fitment.
So the package would be;
  • £332.50 - Cobra Daytona (standard trim)
  • £132.00 - Recaro Fitting Kit
So the total per side is: £464.50 (Inc Vat and free P&P)

For both the OMP and Sparco seats you could go with the Sparco Clio Mk3 Frames.

If any of these are of interest or you need to know more let us know."

:smile:

so are you getting that set up Syer??

95% sure mate.

Just not sure on if one or a pair. (Pair would truthfully be a waste - as my wife has been in the car once, and i gave a mate a lift home from work once. so in 4000 miles - the passenger seat has been used for less than 100 miles).

Also need to find how long Daytona is likely to be in production for ie: Will i be able to replicate passenger side later if i want a pair - or if i need to buy a pair now.