2013 Fiesta ST

Im pretty sure the ST when on overboost is 200hp and 180 normally, heard this a few times now. Think it might be with traction control off like the meg trophy. Few owners have reported this.

215bhp and 236lb/ft and dropping the 0-60time by 0.7s is fairly decent really to say you can keep your warranty and all for £599. Renault needs to get its head out of its arse IMO. They might be the best at creating a great chassis (Clio 197/200, Meg 265) in its class, but the way they're treating customers in aftersales and new product development is stuck in the past.

My car has arrived at the dealers pick it up Tuesday :smile:

Then in a couple of weeks I will be getting it mountuned, cannot wait!!!

It will be an unbiased test, and a proper write up, I test drove it and it really did make me think how good our clio's are, I just wanted a brand new car while I'm young and love the fiesta's as well, pictures will be coming this evening as I'm going to sign the documents, excited is an understatement, I'll still be posting on here though as its the best forum I've ever been on lol!

It will be an unbiased test, and a proper write up, I test drove it and it really did make me think how good our clio's are, I just wanted a brand new car while I'm young and love the fiesta's as well, pictures will be coming this evening as I'm going to sign the documents, excited is an understatement, I'll still be posting on here though as its the best forum I've ever been on lol!

good luck and look forward to the review! its something I have never been lucky enough to do and will probably never will now :thumbsup:

I'd say with the fiesta it's defo going to be easier to live with day to day and in the usual driving conditions, couple of things I will miss is the brilliant 2.0 n/a and the brembos!

No doubt I will be back in a renaultsport in a couple of years, hopefully in a megane or the 200t phase 2 :wink:

this very thread was what made me look at the fiesta!

One like this would be good :wink: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?16361-197-vs-ST-my-full-opinion!

I so love the new ST, would have one over the new clio anyday! In that Blue colour or white - not keen on any of the other colours!

The fiesta is so much nicer than the clio in the looks department both inside and out.

I have only driven the fiesta so can't compare that way really. I had a look in a 200T today and the interior just feels poor to be honest comparing to the fiesta, the gti is by far the nicest interior out the 3. The rear space in the 200T is pretty **** aswell to be honest, an adult couldn't sit behind me when in my driving postion whereas in the 200 they could.

Well I picked it up today and the 197 is gone :worried: really going to miss that car, but... WOW the fiesta really is a brilliant car, I will do a review once I've had it a couple weeks, but so far in really very impressed, brakes are brilliant not to sharp that you tap it and you end up on the dash, a progressive feel quite like the clio (will have to see how the fair upto a bit of abuse once there bedded in).

Handling, well I've flung it round a couple of roundabout this evening and I really can't see much if any difference to the 197, obviously have a better opinion in a couple weeks again, one thing I do notice is the suspension is firm but that doesn't bother me coming from a 197 and it is a hot hatch after all.

Engine, now this really impressed me the 1.6t, does not sound anywhere near as good as the 197 2.0 n/a, but still sounds fairly grunty (due to the sound being channelled to he cabin I suppose), but what impressed me was the torque, cruising in 4th 30mph, put your foot down and it really does shift.

Interior, recaros hug you well and look the part, I can see the resemblance to an arm chair lol, they don't look as good as recaro sportster CS's (can't tell any difference between the two as I didn't have the latter in my 197) lots of cool little features in the interior as well which will come in a more comprehensive review.

But ye anyway I'm loving it so far, anyone who's interested in one go to your local dealer and have a test drive, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

Well I picked it up today and the 197 is gone :worried: really going to miss that car, but... WOW the fiesta really is a brilliant car, I will do a review once I've had it a couple weeks, but so far in really very impressed, brakes are brilliant not to sharp that you tap it and you end up on the dash, a progressive feel quite like the clio (will have to see how the fair upto a bit of abuse once there bedded in).

Handling, well I've flung it round a couple of roundabout this evening and I really can't see much if any difference to the 197, obviously have a better opinion in a couple weeks again, one thing I do notice is the suspension is firm but that doesn't bother me coming from a 197 and it is a hot hatch after all.

Engine, now this really impressed me the 1.6t, does not sound anywhere near as good as the 197 2.0 n/a, but still sounds fairly grunty (due to the sound being channelled to he cabin I suppose), but what impressed me was the torque, cruising in 4th 30mph, put your foot down and it really does shift.

Interior, recaros hug you well and look the part, I can see the resemblance to an arm chair lol, they don't look as good as recaro sportster CS's (can't tell any difference between the two as I didn't have the latter in my 197) lots of cool little features in the interior as well which will come in a more comprehensive review.

But ye anyway I'm loving it so far, anyone who's interested in one go to your local dealer and have a test drive, I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

Luke I'm in all day to day if your about just give us a text.Hope you enjoy your new beast :wink:

Fiesta ST

So my other half had her Fiesta ST delivered yesterday (her demo) and we went for a quick 60 miles in it last night round some country lanes.

I should explain that she is the lovely person who on Christmas eve eve when picking me up from our annual pub crawl, managed to put my 197 in a ditch (she had been on the insurance less than 48 hours).

So we have been looking to replace it, however knowing she had this car coming a few months ago we said we would wait and see what it is like, as it is cheaper than a Clio.

When she pulled up in it last night, I have to say, it looks fantastic, and sounds to match. Just has a low grumble as she pulled in the to drive, which I never heard from the Clio. The interior of the Fiesta really is excellent, just looks a more polished off piece than the Clio's bland dash. The recaros take a bit of getting used to but they really do hold you tight, my gf was complaining a bit as she is fairly short and the lumbar support was too high.

9373993933_4bdf024a53_b.jpg

The drive - the car pulls so well, 30-70 and it just kept going (on a private runway) held the road pretty well although she didn't really test it as it was her first drive. I haven't driven it yet so will reserve my judgment until then. But it really does fly and makes such a nice grunt as standard! I do think they pump some of the sound in to the cabin, sounds as good with windows up or down!

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of the Clio and would have another tomorrow, but this for the money, really does throw a spanner in the works. I would like to see them side by side 30-70mph, and I will be having a drive of one as soon as I can.

I reserve full judgment until driven!

Similar Thread Suggestions