F1 season 2017 comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renault media are in the process of making a video, it should be out in the next week or so. I also took the opportunity to propose to my girlfriend while I was at the Paul Ricard Circuit.

For a Renault fan like myself and Hayley it was incredible.

She also successfully drove the F1 car at a very steady pace, there was 18 people who had won the competition but only 6 people successfully drove the car!

The only restrictions of the car was;

Disabled 7th gear so you couldn't go above 200mp, but 6th gear it was maxing out at around 170mph
restricted the revs from 19,000 to 17,000, but my telemetry was showing I was revving up to around 17,800.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Just checking the phone signal up here!

Right, we'll look into it then :smiley:

Renault media are in the process of making a video, it should be out in the next week or so. I also took the opportunity to propose to my girlfriend while I was at the Paul Ricard Circuit.

For a Renault fan like myself and Hayley it was incredible.

She also successfully drove the F1 car at a very steady pace, there was 18 people who had won the competition but only 6 people successfully drove the car!

The only restrictions of the car was;

Disabled 7th gear so you couldn't go above 200mp, but 6th gear it was maxing out at around 170mph
restricted the revs from 19,000 to 17,000, but my telemetry was showing I was revving up to around 17,800.

Wow what a day then! Congratulations are in order :smile:

Blimey, can imagine 12 not so happy people unsuccessfully driving it!

Reactions: m.a.c
I was lucky enough to win the ultimate driving experience with Renault and drove the 2012 wining F1 car driven by Kimi Raikkonen at the Abu Dhabi GP.

The best day of my life!

Here's my onboard of the drive -

That is absolutely INCREDIBLE! How the hell did you end up winning that competition? I presume you've got some experience behind you? Blown away mate. Enjoyed the hell out of that. Well shot. Well driven.

Definitely want a "what it was like" post full of details please!!!

AWESOME.

Reactions: m.a.c and Chris
That is absolutely INCREDIBLE! How the hell did you end up winning that competition? I presume you've got some experience behind you? Blown away mate. Enjoyed the hell out of that. Well shot. Well driven.

Definitely want a "what it was like" post full of details please!!!

AWESOME.

I booked a test drive at my local Renault dealer and automatically got entered into the competition, didn't actually think people won these competitions!!

Just do the occasional track days! Recently bought a more track orientated Clio 200 to do a few more next year, one day would love to have a go at racing (well thats the dream)

I will get round to doing a little write up soon.

Wow, as above, what an unbelievable experience, that must have been such a fantastic day! And huge congratulations on the proposal too! That would be a dream come true to drive one of those, what an amazing prize! Yep, also just a teensy bit jealous!

I booked a test drive at my local Renault dealer and automatically got entered into the competition, didn't actually think people won these competitions!!

Just do the occasional track days! Recently bought a more track orientated Clio 200 to do a few more next year, one day would love to have a go at racing (well thats the dream)

I will get round to doing a little write up soon.

Bloody hell mate.

Incredible story!

And hats off to you for making such a big day WAY bigger. Great time to pop the question!

Alonso to test the LMP1 Toyota with a view to doing next year's LM24.

HUGE news for me!

He's doing the Daytona 24HR with United Autosports, co-owned by Zak Brown, as a warm-up.

Yeah read that too mate. Really hope this goes ahead. He's doing the end of season test with Toyota so it's sounding pretty nailed on.

Between that and the new LMP1 regs and all the exciting new entries, I'm proper looking forward to LM24 next year. Might even go!

Yeah read that too mate. Really hope this goes ahead. He's doing the end of season test with Toyota so it's sounding pretty nailed on.

Between that and the new LMP1 regs and all the exciting new entries, I'm proper looking forward to LM24 next year. Might even go!

In all honesty, WEC is going downhill now that Audi and Porsche have pulled out. Although there will be some privateer LMP1 entries, unless they balance the performance Toyota will walk away with the title unchallenged.

In all honesty, WEC is going downhill now that Audi and Porsche have pulled out. Although there will be some privateer LMP1 entries, unless they balance the performance Toyota will walk away with the title unchallenged.

I'm all for it. Going to be really interesting with the new privateers. And they shouldn't be underestimated, a Ginetta made car with aero by Reynard and run by Manor is pretty damn serious for a "privateer"!

And to be honest, even if Toyota do walk away with the title, it wouldn't bother me. I enjoy WEC for things like the 40 minute battles we saw at the weekend. Bloody awesome. Takes the pistols out of F1!

:smiley:

Something tells me they won't have it that easy though!

I was lucky enough to win the ultimate driving experience with Renault and drove the 2012 wining F1 car driven by Kimi Raikkonen at the Abu Dhabi GP.

The best day of my life!

Here's my onboard of the drive -

The other car is Romain's air born Spa car by the way

Glad to see you were stretching it legs as much as possible! [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Embarrassing for Bottas.... Somehow don't think Lewis would have let that fly if he was on Poll!

Speaking of which not quite sure what happened to him there, just too much speed and next thing saying hello to the barriers, bloody cracking result from 20th to 4th though!!!

Embarrassing for Bottas.... Somehow don't think Lewis would have let that fly if he was on Poll!

Speaking of which not quite sure what happened to him there, just too much speed and next thing saying hello to the barriers, bloody cracking result from 20th to 4th though!!!

Shit happens at the start. It's such a minutely finely balanced thing that one millimeter wrong on the pedals and it's a big difference. He did ok I think. Once he was in second, the very poor dirty air performance of the Merc meant that was that.

Great drive from Lewis as expected but once he got behind Kimi, he was stuck with the dirty air issue too. Merc REALLY need to address that now that the other cars are getting closer on performance.

In fact the sport needs to sort that out in the regs and allow ground effect already. It's ridiculous.

As for Lewis in Q1, what the hell was he thinking? Far too fast given he'd just got out of the pits. He does have a rush of blood at times.

Made for an entertaining GP. Loved that Alonso did well and pleased for Massa that he had such a successful final Brazilian GP.

By far the highlight for me was Ted showing some nice photos on his phone of Hartley when he was a kid and he gets a text saying "COCK" live on air. Classic Ted moment and right up there with him struggling with the brolly in the wind! Piss funny.

Reactions: Benno and Chris
Bottas won't be there in 2019, it'll be Ricciardo. Merc simply can't afford to have Hamilton carry them to the Constructors' title again next season.
Apparently Hamilton was running with an engine which had some of the 2018 upgrades on it, and that the 'full beans' he was allowed to drive with will be what they have for every race next year. If that's the case then it's worrying for the rest of the teams.
I doubt Hamilton would have made that quali mistake if he hadn't already have won the title, but at least it provided some action during the race. Even the tv director knew Bottas wouldn't catch Vettel so didn't bother following him!
Alonso complaining about Honda's power again was funny, Renault better hope their 2018 engine doesn't go pop the way it has been lately, otherwise cue Alonso and his deckchair again lol

Reactions: Micah
Apparently Hamilton was running with an engine which had some of the 2018 upgrades on it, and that the 'full beans' he was allowed to drive with will be what they have for every race next year. If that's the case then it's worrying for the rest of the teams.

Who set fastest lap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions