K an N Apollo??

Depends how cheap you got it i guess matey, thing is these kits dont give gains and in some cases have actually lost power!!

Most people would probably agree that the money could be spent better elsewhere thats all i would have thought.

it was cheap and if it dont work then i wont be gutted.ive always had the impression they make more power hence more air= more power.where else could the money be spent better?

hey keiran.... chin up dude. I have an ITG ind kit as advertised, there a pain to fit, and the cold air feed pipe isnt the best, Ill keep you updated on how I get on with relocating a cold air feed so you can also gain the benefit :smile:

Even the maxogens have been shown to give little or no gains on the f4r engines.

I'd save my pennies if I were you

hes already purchased gouldy as have I. going to see if this cold air feed ( once complete) shows any improvements on rolling road

In that case remove nearside fog light and run some 3 inch cold air feed ducting to create ram air induction. Will be the best position for the cold air feed.

This is the favourite trick with the saxo and 106 boys.

I hope this helps

hey keiran.... chin up dude. I have an ITG ind kit as advertised, there a pain to fit, and the cold air feed pipe isnt the best, Ill keep you updated on how I get on with relocating a cold air feed so you can also gain the benefit :smile:

is the cold air feed a must as i seem to remember that the original feed goes by the botom of the induction kit.i regret posting on here,as all i get is slated.im going to see how it goes with the apollo,K&N arent stupid so cant see why there would be a massive decrease in power.still havent fitted it yet

People arn't slating you dude they have previously used things and don't want you to waste your money. However at the end of the day its your car and you should do as you wish no matter if everyone else disagree's otherwise you wont be happy! Report back and let us know I'm sure the noise will be immense!

Ye mate, it's your car, you can do what you want. These filter manufacturers make induction kits for most cars thought, and a lot of companies don't test them either. They're usually a standard cone with a custom pipe for that car.

^^not a lot to be fair mate, but its not worth paying the over the top money price that these kits are for a loss when a £40 panel filter wont do that. Thats all people are saying. Youve come on here asking for opinions and advice, and thats what your getting mate. No ones having a pop or putting a downer on it. Some of us have owned the cars a while and seen some older members progress and in most cases wasted money. Where just passing it down lol. But its your car dude, if your happy thats really all that matters. If you get no gain or loss but an awesome sound then just enjoy it. :smile:

^^not a lot to be fair mate, but its not worth paying the over the top money price that these kits are for a loss when a £40 panel filter wont do that. Thats all people are saying. Youve come on here asking for opinions and advice, and thats what your getting mate. No ones having a pop or putting a downer on it. Some of us have owned the cars a while and seen some older members progress and in most cases wasted money. Where just passing it down lol. But its your car dude, if your happy thats really all that matters. If you get no gain or loss but an awesome sound then just enjoy it. :smile:

the only reason i wanted one was for sound,because not that impressed with the sound of my milltek.already have a panel filter,but if i could pick up a apollo for the price of a panel then why not give it a try :wink: totally understand what you guys mean and appriciate that

If you want to know what it'll sound like and have your standard airbox then take the lid off the standard and let it warm up then go and boot it! It sounds lovely to be fair! If there was an induction kit that provided the same amount of power and no loss even no gain I'd get it alone for the noise! as said above its minimal loss (5-10bhp) but as these cars are already under powered that can mean you can be close to 150bhp if you have one of the worst RS engines! hope this helps dude and I hope it didn't sound like I was having a go earlier!!

If you want to know what it'll sound like and have your standard airbox then take the lid off the standard and let it warm up then go and boot it! It sounds lovely to be fair! If there was an induction kit that provided the same amount of power and no loss even no gain I'd get it alone for the noise! as said above its minimal loss (5-10bhp) but as these cars are already under powered that can mean you are close to 150bhp if you have one of the worst RS engines! hope this helps dude and I hope it didn't sound like I was having a go earlier!!

thats all i want.hopefully i dont get a loss but if i do and it sounds great then so be it

aye as said mate tis your car and as long as you don't track it in all honesty I don't see the problem.. not like we can push it to the max on the roads anyway!

Well if it was that cheap I'd have a bash to be fair!! Let us no how u fair up with it dude.

the only reason i wanted one was for sound,because not that impressed with the sound of my milltek.already have a panel filter,but if i could pick up a apollo for the price of a panel then why not give it a try :wink: totally understand what you guys mean and appriciate that

you want noise?

buy a de cat.